Reviews for Epilogue: Uncut Edition
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
"Because, you see, she will never get the hero because she acts to strong and has to be too strong to ever let herself have something as stupid as finding herself in a situation where she would be "in distress". I know that didn't make any sense, but it's still true. I can't just sit back and let things happen to me, no, I have to help."

Max's memory is incredibly self-serving here, isn't it? Did she forget about all the times she was "in distress"? Like with Terminal, or Curare, or KOBRA?

If Max is so bitter about being "just the sidekick", why doesn't she strike out on her own? It'd be healthier all around. She could move on and not set her self-worth on whether "her" hero loved her or not, and he'd find a new confidante who wasn't thinking disparagingly about him behind his back.
Not true to character chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This snippet doesn't do Max or Dana any favors.

First, Max. Dana's her friend, and she's often been the one helping Terry smooth things over with Dana. The one pseudo-date Max went on with Terry, she was all business and completely ignored how Terry thought she looked beautiful. For her to suddenly be jealous of Dana makes no sense, isn't faithful to her character, and makes her look petty.

Second, Dana. She's not an action girl sidekick, but she's not a helpless damsel, and Max should know that. While Dana never ran headlong into danger, she also didn't sit on the sidelines and wait passively for rescue when IN danger. In both "Rats" and "RotJ" she fought back against her attackers, and in the former she tried to escape on her own.

Also, for all the big deal you have Max make out of her finding out Terry's secret identity? Looked at another way, she found out because she was intrusive (Batman's identity is secret for a reason, and she was trying to find out just for kicks) and because she was VERY lucky.
BlazeStryker chapter 5 . 3/2/2009
This guy only reluctantly gets into himself. It's not easy at all to know, KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were a blithering idiot and a ranting assaholic.

He knows.

You covered his reluctance of self-awareness very well, as that approach/evade mentality is about the way he approaches himself. It's like Guy Gardner without the powers.
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Max needs to meet and learn from Wonder Woman.

I adress the following to Max (not that she can read this, mind you).

Frankly, and in brief, *Girl, you need to be a HEROINE!*

Yeah, you help, and you've even put your freaking life on the line, like that time with Curare!

Being a Heroine is NOT fun, nor is it easy. You have to walk the glory road without wanting or accepting any, you risk it all on a daily basis, and maybe one person in a thousand (if that) will ever see you as a woman again. The other 9 (or more) will see a stereotype they never realise is one, or project their personal issues onto you. (Just ask the League Ladies!)

So why be a heroine? Two reasons.

1) A heroine can HAVE a sidekick, or at leasy isn't considered one.

2) You can get your man. And unlike the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, you can enjoy it afterward. I doubt it'll be the one you look at now, but the man will be there!

(Hell, Shayera AND Diana pulled it off for years! And their men were the hardest-to-get in the known galaxy at the time.)

Back to the review. Max obviously feels intimidated by the madness of Batman's life, but she can step up. I hope that in the post-series tales (like this one), she may do so. Batgirl Beyond, maybe?
netwriter51 chapter 6 . 2/10/2007
Just finished the last chapter. A wonderful expansion on maybe my favorite...anything to do with Batman. If only you're work could've been official, I would be even more satisfied with 'Epilogue' as a whole. Great Work!
Knottaclue chapter 6 . 9/1/2006
But...what about Mary? Now we'll never know what happened to her. Did she eventually get the treatment somehow? Did her boys find out so she didn't have to go through the situation alone? Maybe Terry could use his influence to get her that rare, expensive treatment or maybe he could get someone from the superhero community to help her? Sigh.

Chelsea as a doctor I could see happening. Having been rich and spoiled, maybe she reached a point where she wanted more meaning in her life. A very nice chapter. Congrats on finishing the fic! And thanks for an overall satisfying read!
acethebatdog2039 chapter 6 . 9/1/2006
Wow. Chelsea? Poor Mary. She doesn't want to tell her sons! Oh my god. And Terry, with the blood test, man. I would hate to by him when he got that call.
Kyoko Kasshu Minamino chapter 6 . 8/30/2006
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FINAL CHAPTER.

Just...WOW. I love it.

*sigh* I'm so sad this fic has to come to an end. I enjoyed your views on 'Epilogue' immensely (especially Max's because I am a Ter/Max shipper. :D) and I love your writing style. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more work from you soon.

Kyoko
Kyoko Kasshu Minamino chapter 5 . 4/17/2006
WOW. That was unexpected but just as awesome. I never expected this chapter but I'm glad I read it. Magnificent.
Kyoko Kasshu Minamino chapter 4 . 4/17/2006
This just keeps getting better and better each chapter! I love it!
Kyoko Kasshu Minamino chapter 3 . 4/17/2006
It's interesting how you have each character handle it. I might've gone either a similar direction or exact opposite if I wrote this. I haven't decided yet. But good job. :D
Kyoko Kasshu Minamino chapter 2 . 4/17/2006
Just as great as the first chapter.
Knottaclue chapter 5 . 3/25/2006
I apologize for reading these earlier and not reviewing. I really enjoyed them all. They're wonderful takes on your opinions of the characters. I found this chapter an eye-opener because you have Nelson as a teacher. Never thought he'd go that way. I pictured him doing something along the lines of a prison guard. You have some refreshing viewpoints here and they were a delightful read. Thanks for sharing them!
Kyoko Kasshu Minamino chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
TT So true. Poor Max. She and Terry should be together. Great job.
SilverKnight chapter 3 . 2/7/2006
:blinks: How did Mary find out?

I liked this one the most of the three, her figuring it out also aside (because seriously, how did she find out? That's one huge-ass leap in logic o.O), because I imagine knowing what she knows would only make her worry more. It's a wonder she didn't have a heart attack by now, from worrying over them so much. :)