Reviews for Pianissimo
Nelras chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Ouchie. Double ouchie. You're quite a wordsmith.
Pink Illusion chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Whoa...this is stunning...you have a definite way with words. Absolutely gorgeous, if that makes any sense. Quite amazing, awesome perspective.
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Wow, very cool and abstract-ish. My cousin (Jedi Knight Bus) sent me over here to read this. I'm not really a Narcissa or Lucius fan, but this was really and well written. I loved the repeating and all the musical things. Great job!

Red Bess Rackham
Maia May chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
I love it. It is morbid and great, your imagery is interesting and fascinating and I felt completely like being under the spell of the whole story. One of the best stories about Narcissa as an adult, a mother, a wive I've read in a long time. And therefore, I want to ask you whether you would give me your permission to translate the story into German. I would love to do it because I simply love the story. And I would be very happy if you contacted me some day.

Maia
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
Ohh...so wonderfully done, I am in enraptured bliss after reading this lovely picture of an obvious subject. Your writing was slightly abstract but subtle and beautiful at the same time, similar to Narcissa's character, of course. Wonderful job, this is so going in my Favs, man!
Valiowk chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Your imagery is stunning, Vintage Blue. The image of Narcissa playing her harp until her fingers bleed, until she strikes so many wrong notes that the tune isn't even apparent anymore, is very moving, and causes the reader to reevaluate his/her perception of Narcissa as a cold and uncaring woman.

I can't quite describe the feelings that this story evoked, except that I find myself pitying, instead of detesting her. For the fear she has is different from Molly's fear-it's fear that bears no pride whatsoever, only pain and despair that cannot be wiped away.

(As an aside, I originally imagined Narcissa playing a black-coloured grand piano when I first saw your title. I wonder how such an experience would be...?)
Aurorablu chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Morbid, and completely and utterly brilliant
RubyLinkle chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Very mordbid! But very cool. I'd be more specific but I have to run. This definitely deserves more reviews! But consider it an honor, cause...you know, all the horrible ship-war spammish Hermione/Snape fics get thousands of reviews because who knows why, while the good ones like this get passed over. So its a good thing, see? Ok I really am going now. Good job!

Ruby
Kemma Lee chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
"...as he kisses her and his hands caress her throat, she wonders, How many men have these hands killed?"

Oh... I got chills when I read that. This is - well, I can't really put a word to it. Your characterization of Narcissa is a bit like my own, I think. I love how she thinks about Sirius: he was a blood traitor, but still a Black. And her wondering which family was more cruel, the Blacks or the Malfoys.

Wow. This is definitely going on my fav. list -claps- yay!
Nyeren chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
Oohh. Pretty.

I'm sorry for not commenting earlier - school is bothersome. Particularly when one procrastinates.

Anyway, this is a lovely ficlet. I also liked the parenthetical comments very much indeed; they provided a detached, almost ironic counterpoint to the limited third person voice of the rest of it. And I really need to read the Kathy Tyers books...
LadyMoriel chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Well, the timing seems a bit off...Lucius seems to be still living at the Malfoy manor in this, but Sirius is dead, so...if it's between OotP and HBP, then Lucius would be in Azkaban, wouldn't he? I guess she could be remembering various things-and I like him telling her Sirius is dead, but I don't know how it would have worked, unless she went to visit him or something. I got the impression from OotP that the Ministry packed all the Death Eaters who were there straight off to Azkaban.

Stylistically, I probably would have used "herself" rather than "oneself" in the first paragraph and take out the second mention of "a family" in the line that begins "She isn't, sometimes."

Otherwise, it's quite brilliant. I love the insertions of musical notations-all the parenthetical thoughts, actually, especially the latter several. You have some really wonderful lines in here, too, like "Narcissa thinks, The Blacks have too many legacies" and "Narcissa beneath her shadow is only little Cissy again, who doesn’t want to play the blood games anymore." You've done an excellent job of making a mostly unsympathetic character very human without making her OOC, and the dark, melancholy tone of this fic is just perfect.