Reviews for Evanescent Memory
JaceDamian23 chapter 28 . 4/26/2008
great story. I LOVED it alot. I Love lucius and mione stories. they are one of my favorite couples. I liked how you wrote alot of the characters also. Though one thing I did not like is you did not show Hermione killing Bellatrix. I was waiting and waiting and waiting for that to happen. I just had a feeling that she'd want to kill her in the war lol but she didnt. I was kind of disappointed. *sighs* but thats fine. Besides for that it was great. Though you didn't say if Draco lived or not. I had a feeling he was also a spy but you kept on writing the two spies or whatever. Snape and lucius. but draco only became a death eater because of lucius. he didnt even hate mione at the end. so ya i had a feeling he was really good.

i loved the lucius and mione in the past. it was cute

anyway nice job. your a great writer and cant wait to read your other stories.
JaceDamian23 chapter 27 . 4/26/2008
Hermione stood before her friends fidgeting nervously with her hands. Harry and Ron’s blank stares were not improving her disposition. Ron’s face slowly began to turn an obscene shade of red.

“Let me get this straight,” he said with barely contained anger. “I could never snog you, but you got detention for snogging Snape?” He was on his feet yelling now. Hermione was thanking Merlin that most everyone was at dinner.

“Not exactly,” she stated in a rather shaky voice.

“You either did or you didn’t, Hermione.”

She took a deep breath, trying desperately to keep calm.

“I pushed him away, Ron. It’s what I should have done the first time.”

Hermione cringed, realizing what she had said. Ron’s face grew even redder if that were possible and Harry now held narrowed eyes on her as if seeing her for the first time.

“The first time,” Ron screamed at her. “I couldn’t come near you and yet you snog Snape twice.”

Hermione could no longer take Harry’s silence and Ron’s screams. Why were they not listening to what she was saying exactly? The sound of Ron’s voice inside her head at its highest decibel pushed her too far.

“Yes, Ronald! Twice! And he didn’t slobber on me like some inexperienced child who doesn’t know what to do!”

The moment she said those words her hand clasped onto her mouth in disbelief at what she had just yelled back to him. Ron had ceased all movement, just looking at her. A pin could have dropped in the common room and it would have sounded like an anvil falling from the highest tower. Without a word, Ron left for dinner. Harry stood up from the sofa he was sitting on. He still held that look—as if Hermione was someone he really didn’t know.

“Of all the people,” Harry spoke softly. With his hands in his pocket he looked down and then back up at Hermione. “I never pegged you as a traitor Hermione, but as always, you proved us wrong.”

He stepped through the portrait hole leaving Hermione in the common room alone. She stood there watching the portrait close with one thought filling her head.

I am going to kill Severus Snape.

good part. lmfao cant believe she said that to ron. ouchies. that was mean. i dont like what harry said to her though. sad

“What? H-Have you spoken with Headmistress McGonagall? What does she say to do?”

Both sets of eyes turned to her, curiously. Severus looked her up and down before cocking his head to the side slightly as if trying to read her.

“Miss Granger, why would I run off to discuss this matter with the Headmistress,” Severus asked.

Hermione suddenly felt unsure of herself, as if there were something missing from her knowledge, something she didn’t know. Her eyes darted between the two.

“B-Because she is the head of the Order.”

Severus’ laughter startled Hermione.

“Good heavens, Miss Granger. Professor McGonagall panicked at the mere idea of actually being the headmistress—the idea of running the school. Do you think she could be head of such an organization as the Order of the Phoenix?”

Her eyes darted between the two of them again. Severus continued to chuckle rather amused, but Lucius…Lucius remained silent.

“Then…then who took over Dumbledore’s place?”

Her voice quavered as if afraid to ask the question. No, she was not afraid to ask the question; she was afraid of the answer. Severus’ laughter stopped. He looked toward Lucius as if shocked that Hermione did not know. Turning back to Hermione, he smirked.

“It is always wise to blind your enemy to the true identity of your leader.”

Hermione kept her eyes on him waiting for a real answer. Clearing his throat, he stepped closer.

“Lucius was always Dumbledore’s second in command, despite Lucius’…desires to be head of the whole thing. He took Dumbledore’s place.” Severus turned his head back to Lucius. “Now what do we do?”

haahah wow.

i loved that part with mione, servous and lucius, in the church. when voldemort found out about snape and lucius accio'd mione and snape put a bubble around her and them they appareted away. good part. so sad though.

“Understand me,” Lucius said passionately. “I have wanted you since I was seventeen. The day this war ends…the day the last Death Eater is caught and sentenced away from us so that some semblance of a normal life may be achieved, I will get down on my knees and ask you to marry me. I wanted to when you were in the past, but now…right now we can never be.”

He leaned down and kissed her gently on her lips before walking out the door

aww thats sad

She rushed through the corridors of Hogwarts. Her destination? The Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Students walking to class and hanging around the corridors looked at her and whispers began. They all knew who she was and where she was heading. She reached the door, watching a student enter. A quick glimpse told her he was not in the classroom yet. Stepping in quietly she took a seat in the very back of the classroom and waited.

Lucius swept into the classroom with the same aristocratic stance he always held, cane in hand. She noticed, as he passed by where she sat, his eyes shift and his hand twitch. He knew she was there. He stood in front of the classroom of second year Gryffindors and Slytherins and began his lecture…trying to ignore her presence. The students around her noticed her presence and began whispering to their neighbors and sending covert glances at her.

They knew who she was…the story of Lucius Malfoy and Hermione Granger had become legend. The girls giggled…their mothers would tell the story before bed…their very own “Cinderella” story of sorts. It was a story whose begins were debated, but only known truly by the very few. It was a story that held no true ending…no closure. Finally, Lucius asked the class a question and no one raised their hand. Silence rung in the classroom as Lucius looked over it. Then he noticed it…the hand in the very back of the classroom. His eyes fell on hers. Her hand in the air, body leaning slightly forward, fire dancing in her eyes. He remembered the last time he called on her when she was a student to answer a question.

“Miss Granger, no one else seems to be raising their hands and Professor Lupin has informed me of your brilliance. Could you please explain the theory Miss Granger?”

Her eyes turned slowly to look him in the face. He felt a slight chill at how dead they looked in that moment. The whole class watched, knowing the history of hate between Hermione and father and son Malfoy.

“You’re supposed to say ‘could you please explain the theory, Mudblood.”

The class and every child in the wizarding world knew of that history and the history that followed. His eyes locked on hers he nodded.

“Could you please explain the theory Miss Granger?”

Everyone gasped turning to look at the famous Hermione Granger…the girl from the legends. She smiled shaking her head.

“You’re supposed to say ‘will you marry me, Miss Granger.”

A smile graced his lips at the reminder and the way in which she went about it. His heart pounded as the class turned to him. Never had this class been so quiet. Lucius began walking down the aisle straight for where she sat and held out his hand. She took it and with his guidance, she stood up. The class watched as the Slytherin Head of House faced the previous Gryffindor. No hate existed between them. The class watched in silence as Lucius looked at Hermione, not down at her, but just looked at her. Slowly, Lucius dropped down on one knee, still holding her hand.

“Will you marry me, Miss Granger?”

“Yes,” she whispered…silent tears spilling from her eyes.

i loved that part. it was so cute, sad, and sweet. though I wish she kissed him after he asked her and she said yes lol.
JaceDamian23 chapter 22 . 4/26/2008
“Barking mad,” she heard Lucius whisper.

She couldn’t help but to laugh slightly.

“I’d like to say he improves in the future, but I am afraid I can not oblige you—he only gets worse.”

hahaa true. cute

Granger what the bloody hell are you doing? We do not have rounds tonight.”

Without waiting for her to accept his hand in help, he reached out grabbing her arm and roughly yanked her up to her feet.

“I could ask you the same thing Malfoy,” Hermione responded rubbing the redness of her arm.

“Granger, I am not running through the corridors like a bloody lunatic,” Draco said and then looking her up and down he added, “plus I am not wearing Gryffindor robes, unlike you in a set of nice Slytherin ones.”

A moment of panic surged through Hermione. In the total craziness of the night, she had forgotten she was now wearing Slytherin robes. Draco didn’t notice the slight wand movement she made as she picked her wand up off the ground in an effort to avoid answering his question.

“Think again, Malfoy.”

Quickly turning she began to head swiftly toward the portrait hole. She could still hear Draco yelling after her. He had looked down when she said that to notice how his robes were no longer Slytherin, but those of a Gryffindor. He fumed as he stormed off to the Slytherin Common room with thoughts of vengeance floating in his head.

good part lol

“Why don’t we continue this after holiday?”

Draco’s eyes narrowed suspiciously at her as she packed up her books. Her bag was already over her shoulder and heading toward the door when Draco’s voice followed behind her.

“What’s this? The Hermione Granger is setting aside study for play?”

She stopped walking away and slowly turned around. Draco still sat at the table, with his feet propped up, leaning back in his chair, with his hands behind his head. The smirk was enough to make her want to slap him. She walked determinedly back to him. Slamming her hands on the table, she leaned over to stare Draco in the eyes.

“For your information, Malfoy I do enjoy a little play…especially in the snow.”

Draco pulled his feet down and leaned over even closer to Hermione. A clear smirk upon his face.

“What are you saying, Granger.”

He noted how well she could smirk also.

“I’m saying…come on out, Malfoy and join the games…” She stood back up and began to walk away calling over her shoulder, “unless you are too scared.”

Hermione smiled victoriously to herself as she walked through the corridors knowing Draco was behind her. He never could resist a challenge. As she stepped out of the castle and onto the grounds, she could hear the shouts and the laughter. As they drew closer, it looked like an all out war going on between all the houses. Standing on a boulder, with his camera, was Collin. He didn’t appear to be participating at all.

“Here comes Granger!”

Draco chuckled at that…it sounded like a Slytherin.

“Oh, yes, one rule Malfoy.”

His attention was diverted to Hermione as she walked them right into the center of the war zone. She saw the snowball coming and ducked. The snow hit Draco square in the face.

“No magic,” she finished and disappeared from his site as he wiped snow from his face and ducked from another snowball, diving toward a few fellow Slytherins he saw. He was determined to get Hermione back for her tactics—walking him right in the center like that. Every time he got a glimpse of her, she would disappear. He couldn’t help but laugh to himself at her Slytherin tactics in snowball fights.

Her laughter floated toward him. Inching his way along a small boulder he looked around it and found Hermione crouched behind another similar sized boulder. She caught a couple Ravenclaws. With her wand pointed at them, she swirled it slightly creating a snowdrift to circle the Ravenclaws disrupting any visual they could possibly have around them.

“Now,” Hermione yelled at someone on the other side. Gryffindors came out of nowhere it seemed and pummeled the Ravenclaws with snowballs.

“She said no magic.”

Draco looked back at the couple Slytherins he was with. They simply stared at him as if he were mad. Then the sound of a familiar chuckled caught his attention. Blaise was easing his way toward Draco trying not to be detected.

“You actually believed Granger?”

Draco looked at his friend waiting for further explanation. Blaise eased up beside Draco and patted him on the back.

“She tells all the new players that. She is more Slytherin than I am willing to admit out loud in the common room.”

Snowballs flew their way. They all ducked and scurried back behind a rock. Draco was getting a clear picture of what Granger was like doing this…she took no prisoners and everyone seemed to fear her. The smirk formed and Blaise knew what that meant.

“Do it, Draco,” Blaise said reading Draco correctly, “it’s about time someone takes the know-it-all down.”

Draco smiled and looked at Blaise.

“That Mudblood is going down.

Someone had tackled her from behind.

As Hermione twisted her body around to see who it was, they stood and lifted her off the ground. Draco Malfoy had her. He threw her over his shoulder as if she were nothing. Hermione kicked and screamed. Suddenly, it was all the houses against Gryffindor. Draco smiled at the irony of it all. The Gryffindors were the only ones to roar in outrage that Malfoy was currently toting their friend off over his shoulder.

“Put me down, Malfoy!”

Draco smirked as he came to a spot piled high in snow.

“No problem, Granger.”

And Draco put her down…face first into the snow. There was a cry of outrage from the Gryffindors and everyone else burst forth in laughter and applause.

ohies I LOVE THis part. its great. funny. lol.

“That’s it,” she said. “It wasn’t me that you lost…it was yourself.”

aww sad

“The werewolf, my lord.”

Voldemort’s smile grew wider.

“Ah…another one of our own. Very good, Lucius. You will have him tell Jacoby the manor’s whereabouts. Jacoby will attend this…ball. That is all you may leave.”

Voldemort swatted his hand toward them as if signing for them to go. No one moved yet. The three Death Eaters exchanged looks of curiosity.

“Please, my lord,” Lucius spoke up. “What is Jacoby’s purpose in attending the ball?”

Voldemort swooped down toward them and straight into Lucius’ face where he spoke in that sickeningly quiet voice.

“I want Potter’s Mudblood.”

hm that part confused me lol.

“They are charmed to be fireproof,” Hermione explained. “I had a strange dream that your robes were on fire and well…I just thought it would be a good idea.”

Silence echoed in the drawing room…until Draco’s laughter replaced the silence.

“What is so funny, Draco,” Lucius asked his son.

Draco stopped laughing the best he could and pointed at Hermione.

“She set Severus’ robes on fire in our first year.”

Hermione’s smile fell. She did what?

“On accident,” Lucius asked, wondering what kind of potion they were doing.

“No,” Severus replied with the look of someone who just swallowed something rather unpleasant tasting. “She thought I was trying to kill Potter so she set my robes on fire.”

haha

Hermione sat in the drawing room, curled up in a chair with a book. She was unable to sleep trying desperately to connect the dots of her memories. The manor was eerily silent. She was unable to leave the manor, Severus had seen to that before going back to bed. As soon as everyone was back to bed, Hermione flooed Harry. He would want to know where Dumbledore’s murderer was.

Harry appeared in the drawing room of Grimmauld Place looking ruffled and sleepy. After profusely apologizing for waking him, she informed him of Severus’ whereabouts. He was silent for a moment before responding.

makes no sence. SNAPE was at the party lmfao. dancing with mione

“He should have let them take you.”

Hermione looked up. Draco turned around to look at her with the hatred he normally held for her.

“Draco, that is not necessary.” Remus had stepped in hearing Draco’s words.

Draco’s eyes turned to Remus and then back to Hermione.

“Yes it is. Jacoby’s job was to bring Hermione to the Dark Lord. Father chose to kill him to prevent it happening.”

Remus sighed and stepped farther into the room.

“Yes, Draco. He made that choice.”

Draco’s eyes narrowed between the two again.

“Yes, well…this is a war. Sacrifices are to be made,” Draco stated looking Hermione up and down. “You are not exempt from those sacrifices.”

Hermione stood there with her books over her shoulder frozen to the spot. Lucius was missing because he saved her? The thought of Lucius Malfoy saving her echoed in her mind. He had indeed, but at what price.

“Go on Hermione,” Remus said. “I need to have a word with Draco.

aww that is sad. i loved them friends

“You hated teaching me. You have previously admitted such…”

“No, Miss Granger. You are mistaken. I said I found pleasure in it.”

lol

Possessively, hungrily, his lips crashed onto hers.

He mumbled into her mouth.

“Is this more like what you had in mind?”

She couldn’t answer him…was she suppose to admit a schoolgirl crush on her professor? He felt her smile against his lips. As Severus caressed one side of her neck, his lips traveled to the other side. Her mind flashed to Lucius and why he was missing again. Later, Hermione would think it was possible that Severus simply used Legilimency on her to know where her mind went. He mumbled into her neck, between kisses.

woah *smirks*

Behind the trio, a dark cloaked man appeared behind them walking a few steps before disappearing behind other students. Ron shook his head.

“You reckon Snape knows how bloody spooky he is when he does that?”

lol

“Go to class, Miss Granger and thank your lucky stars that I am no longer teaching it”

Eyeing him warily Hermione left the curtained off area heading out the door to class. The moment she was gone, the moment the sound of her feet faded away, Severus heard his voice. It was low and weak, but still held the demand and superiority it always had.

“Like what you see Severus?

lol

lucius felt like a caged animal. Madame Pomfrey would not let him leave for another day and Hermione Granger stood before him just looking at him. It was disturbing him to say the least. Sitting up in bed, looking as aristocratic as ever despite the damage that was still healing, he looked down his nose at her.

“I am not here for display Miss Granger.”

hah

“Really Severus…could you do no better than that Mudblood?”

Severus said nothing as his eyebrow arched in amusement.

“I do not know what you mean, Lucius.”

Lucius looked down his nose at Severus and chuckled in an oh so sarcastic way.

“Honestly Severus. You were sexually assaulting the girl without her so much as being aware of it. I might have to start questioning your loyalties.”

haha jealous
JaceDamian23 chapter 19 . 4/26/2008
*groans*

i dont like this whole remus is a death eater thing. though I have a feeling that lucius,snape,draco and him are good
RedsAttic chapter 28 . 4/25/2008
EXCELLENT!

Is there an epilogue or sequel?
JaceDamian23 chapter 10 . 4/25/2008
“So, who did that one?”

She looked up at him and in a very serious voice, she answered.

“I ran into a door.”

She watched one corner of Lucius’ mouth turn up into a sneer of amusement. Apparently, he did not believe her and she couldn’t blame him. It did sound like a lie. She didn’t argue with him about it though.

One day you will know I was telling the truth.

haha funy
JaceDamian23 chapter 7 . 4/25/2008
Suddenly, Draco pushed roughly passed her. Anger flared in Lucius. No, not because he realized this was his Hermione…she was a Mudblood after all—a lying Mudblood at that. No, he was angry because he never taught his son to hit any female—Mudblood or not.

“Happy Birthday, Mudblood.” Draco stopped in front of her cutting off her path. “So did your parents send you anything good…oh…wait…no, I guess they didn’t.” He smirked at the look of despair on Hermione’s face. He leaned in a bit closer. “Oh…I am sure Aunt Bella sends you birthday wishes as well.”

With a self-satisfied smirk, Draco stepped back. He was unprepared for what happened next. She hadn’t realized her fists were balled up at her side until her fist flew threw the air and made sweet contact with Draco’s nose. He stumbled back and in what sounded like a war cry, Hermione launched herself on the blond Slytherin. It was ten times worse than in her third year—she wanted to hurt Draco. Lucius did nothing but watch in amusement and amazement. Has she always been such a little firecracker? Even the first time he met her as an adult and her as a child? Yes, he answered himself.

Wide-eyed Harry and Ron rushed forward and each grabbed an arm and her waist, pulling her off Draco. Without her arms, she kicked her legs. Nothing was going to keep her from pounding the ferret. Trying to get himself off the floor, he sat up only to have Hermione’s foot make one last furious contact with his nose.

“Hermione,” Harry yelled as they pulled her away.

She calmed down enough to allow the boys to pull her away. Ron was shaking his head.

“Bloody scary is what you are,” Ron mumbled on the way out of the dungeons.

Hermione was still catching her breath as other students parted to let them through still in shock at the mangled Malfoy. Warmth suddenly spread through her with a central point being her lower back—where Lucius had placed his hand.

what a jerk lol. go mione
JaceDamian23 chapter 4 . 4/25/2008
“Now do not forget your strength will not be up to par yet, so no traveling around the cabin yet.”

Lucius looked at her as he placed the phial down, irritation growing. Who did this Mudblood think she was? Hermione noticed the detestation Lucius held in his eyes while he watched her. Her eyes narrowed in return before she turned to leave.

His hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, stopping her. Using all his strength, he pulled her back. She fell back over him, landing on the other side of the bed. As quick as a flash of lightening, Lucius turned, pinning her wrists to the bed. He hovered above her, sneer in place, with nothing short of malice in his eyes.

Hermione’s heart was pounding. Panic was washing over her coming close to overwhelming her. He leaned so close to her that as he moved to whisper in her ear, she could feel the heat from the tip of his nose caressing her cheek. Hermione held her breath.

“You are correct, Miss Granger. My strength is not up to par. Just imagine what I can do when it is.”

hot
thebfsgf chapter 28 . 4/5/2008
I absolutely loved this story! I was reading it so fast, I read it in about an hour and a half. I loved it!

Rebecka M.
gennastar chapter 28 . 3/13/2008
Sweet. TOTALLY.

Only once did I find myself saying, "NO!"

Severus trying to make a move on Hermione while Lucius looked on. That was not nice.
16palindrome18 chapter 28 . 2/27/2008
i loved your story

you stuck to everyones true form-somethings many dont do

i'll admit i was hesitant to read this but i am so very glad i did.

i'm out to search for more like this or by you.

keep writing.

-angeolyn
LadyShard chapter 28 . 2/23/2008
It took me forever and a day to finish this story but honestly I relished in it. You gave not only an honest portrayal of Malfoy but you kept us wanting more. Bravo! Please keep the good work and know that there are very stories with Lucius/Hermione that a girl can really sink her teeth into :) YAY
GoGothGirl chapter 28 . 1/12/2008
once upon a time, a 17 year old girl sat staring at her laptop with the page staring back. that girl took a glimpse of her Jason Isaacs poster and decided to read something new, something she have been avoiding for sometime now: LM/HG fic.

there she was, browsing and browsing but not quite finding the right fic for a beginner like her. asking for a friend's help, the friend sent her a link to a story by Dragon Fire10, called Evanescent Memory. Two days later, the girl sat on her bed, crying her eyes out at the sheer brilliance and simplicity of the final chapter.

So here she is now, typing this painfully long review wishing and hoping that the author understands the impact this story had on her. also she would like to point out to the author that this story has set the girl's love for LM/HG pairing in stone and that she will proceed to read the other LM/HG fics by the same author and others whenever she isnt buried under school work.

much love,

Nina
ladymalfoy1 chapter 28 . 1/4/2008
Somehow, after reading the story, I don't feel closure, just an empty spot where Evanescent Memory was. Beauty
It doesn't matter chapter 28 . 1/4/2008
I have had tears spilling down my cheeks for hours-just thought you should know how powerful your words are.

Fin