Reviews for Cruel Irony
Erendis chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Great. I can see them. Both too stubborn to die/resign before the other :-)
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
I can believe this.

Vetinari and Vimes are both too mean, too dedicated and too darned competitive to give up and die.
aramis-chan nli chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
This is great. And makes -so much sense-.
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
xD Long live the Zombie Nation! (Sorry—wrong fandom... game... thing...). Amusing concept, that.
Swamp angel chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Lovely. It's hilarious and makes you really think about the future of the city watch people. Long live Vimes! Long live Vetinari! XD
MattII chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Another thing that I just noticed.

A head secretary called Cliffwood, what happened to Drumknott? (who's been a zombie himself since 'The Truth')
Krishnaa chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Sybil...doesn't..live? *bursts into tears* But she's Sybil!

heh, though, brillo idea.
SlightlyFrumiousBandersnatch chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Ankh-Morpork will never get rid of Vetinari now! Lucky dogs. Only complaint is that this is rated K. Needs something higher.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Heh. Goodness, we've got a problem. ;.; Poor Vimesy. You have a typo demon in your keyboard making you leave out periods and spell names wrong. Dorfl and Cheri. Nice concept. I like.
Klatchian Coffee chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Lovely. Never would have imagined this. Excellent idea. I loved the 'million to one' thing, its been a while since I've read G!G! but it still cracks me up.

~KC
Shella chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
I. Can. So. See. This. Happening.

Rather spooky really. _ Exactly, exactly the sort of thing those two would do. Hurrah. :D
Caethilia Mordon chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Very interesting concept you have here! Everyone's quite in character, but you do have a few sentences that seemed like they would be better chopped apart. Well done, anyway!
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
"Do you know what his last words were?”

“Can’t say I do sir.” Reg did and mouthed along with Vimes, subtly mind you; he didn’t want to be caught.

“His last words were ‘a million to one’.” There was a confused pause. “Random man that Fred. But one of the best damn men this watch ever had, lazy as hell but a bloody good man.”

I loved that. Fred Colon to a T.

Dorfl and Uberwald were misspelled, and there are a couple of grammar mistakes, but overall, very good. I can totally see Vimes and Vetinari attempting to outlast one another, even after death. They're stubborn old cusses.
MattII chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Overall, good.

I had thought though, that Vetinary would end up a vampire, although, perhaps immune to a good many things that vampires are normally immune to (as the Vampyres were in Carpe Jugulum, but sans the expansionistic views).
nonamenoname chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
This was pure joy. It makes perfect sense that they'd go that way. No way Vimes would give up a chase just because of some small heart attack. :D And aren't the undead supposed to have a difficult time changing their behaviours? It all makes SO MUCH SENSE!

The noticeable lack of comma and dot on Reg's lines bothered me a bit. But otherwise, pure excellence.