Reviews for Keeping the High Ground
StarOfTheSeaaa chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I love this! I thought you did an excellent job of keeping the characters true, and I especially loved your ending. I just thought it was so good. You did a very good job with this. Thank you for sharing it.
Jedi1952 chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
great story. Loved the contrast and similaries between Luke and Anakin. The lesson to Anakin on keeping the higher ground was chilling in light of ROTS.

I also have a question for you. Would you please contact me either via PM here or email?

Sue
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Very nice comparisons, between Luke and Anakin, between old and young Obi-Wan, between 14-year-old Anakin's training sessions and Mustafar.
Madame Naberrie chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Very beautiful. Sweet. I take it you saw Episode Three before you wrote this, right? Nevertheless, excellent piece. I love vignettes.

-Madame Naberrie
For You Blue chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
I loved it! Such a wonderful vignette!

Congradulations on a lovely piece of insightful writting!
Amanda chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
Very nice viggy! I really liked seeing Luke and Obi-Wan here, and the touches of Anakin were great!

Excellent job!
Writer117 chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
Very good. I hope you keep writing.
jedimasterobi-wankenobi chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
I really like the similarities you put in between Anakin and Luke! You should continue this story you know
Phoenix Red Lion chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Very nice. I really liked how you went from one time frame to another and back. Very smooth. And I really like how you used the 'keep the high ground' phrase to mean so many different things. This was a very deep and emotional piece. Nicely done.
Raven Nolan chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
I really liked this vignette. It provided a wonderful insite into the transition Obi-Wan was making from Anakin to Luke.

I also liked your idea of Anakin not paying attention to Obi-Wan's instruction about not letting an opponent take the high ground from him, when in the end that is exactly how Anakin/Vader is defeated. Bravo for the idea.
Willa Mitty chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Okay, so it's not another chapter of "Souls," but I guess it'll do. ;)

Very nice! I know that I, personally, sometimes have trouble reconciling the two Obi-Wan's and meshing his experiences in the two trilogies together. (What I mean is, I grew up seeing "Old Ben" and when I'm watching them all run around on the Death Star, the thought of him kicking tush on Utapau just doesn't seem to fit. lol) Here, though, you've done a wonderful job of connecting his experiences with the father to this experience with the son, so it's not just Anakin and Luke that are being compared. And his affection for them both comes through nicely. :)

Of course, you had me sniffling, but anything having to do with Ben looking back on his time with Anakin has that affect on me, so . . . nicely done!
FallenEagle chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Did I like it? I loved it, it was the way you wrote both Luke and Anakin together, they were similar but also different, I've read lots of vigies that never really capture that.
Uhm chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
This is quite intriguing! I especially like the way you had Ben protect Luke from the horrible truth while using an angle of it to guide Luke in his training. Great job!
princess gallia chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
very nice story with a soft spot between anakin and obi-wan during their in this story you can see the resemblence between luke and job ;) keep writing
swiftykenobi chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
I really enjoyed this. I thought it was great to show the similarities between Anakin and Luke, both being trained by Obi-Wan. Very well-written!