Reviews for Paltering
ummm... fruitcake sickens elves, huh? well. somehow i think at least one wouldn't think it so bad. namely, the one used to starving over the winter because its impossible to find food in the dark forest at that time of year, and what is saved goes mostly to the elflings and pregnant she-elves.
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 5/17
well, originally I was very confused as to what was going on ...
But re-reading it, I understand now.
Fruitcake. Wow. Sounds like a killer. R.I.P. Legolas, Lord Elrond, Elladan, Glorfindel, Erestor, Elrohir, and Estel. Death by fruitcake. What a brave and noble death.
Lol. This was very amusing! I was never too fond of fruitcake either. Lol.
Yuki Suou chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
What exactly did she use, I wonder?
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
awesome
Cheerfully Blue chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Oh! I loved it! I have personally never had fruitcake, mainly because the idea of it has never appealled to me. But I loved it, especially when Elrond tried to protect Estel from it. Oh, how I laughed! Great job!
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
ROFL! This was hilarious! All this cause the elleth can't cook.
BeTrueToThyself chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Lol. *shakes head* Wow. You really don't like fruitcake, do you? I wouldn't want it either - not that kind, at least. _
wizardelfgirl chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
I've been reading some of your fics whenever I find time and only now I'm able to finally review, heh.

I love your stories. You present a great combination of drama and humor, as well as good description and interesting plots. I'm reviewing through this story in particular because I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes, and after a long day at work it was exactly what I needed. And besides, I agree wholeheartedly with this fic: Sauron himself would not eat fruitcake, and I wouldn't put it past him to have invented that thing in an attempt to poison innocent people.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Mwahahahaha! I use any fruitcakes I get as door stops! ;)
Sharnorasian Empire chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Great story I absolutely loved it, you hate fruitcake? you must loath my father then :)

SE
SeventhTatar chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
thenk you for pulling me out of my horrendously grumpy mood! it made me confused at the beginning, but i figured it was something like that. very good work. i think the "i hate you"s were perfect.
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Ahaha this is well amusing. It made no sense at first, i mean with the eating and Elladan's leaving and such. I figured at first that it was some sort of family tradition of cooking and that Estel was behind it. Then after the 'she' was mentioned or after Estel was cancelled out of the equation (can't quite remember which came first mind) I thought Arwen...Half expected Estel to eat those things and then be the only one able to stomach it but then that wouldnt make sense really :p

This bit is wicked funny "/One what! Never mind! Keep talking/ " I dunno why it just had me laughing out loud is all. And the reaction of the table with their plans all dashed was good too.
Alma's Muse chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
Oh, this story amused me greatly. Thank you for sharing!

Alma's Muse
lwarren chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
"A/N I do not care for fruitcake"

Gee,Pentangle, I would have never guessed! LOLOLOLOLOL! This was one giggle after another...my son came in and asked,"What is SO funny?" I had to say, "I don't know...but I'll find out at the end!" He now thinks I am certifiable.

I hate you.

(*small voice* Not really!) So Estel's cast iron stomach was not as cast iron as he thought! I had actually read this awhile back but didn't remember what was making everyone so sick! This is amazing - everyone in my family gives fruitcake a miss, too! ICK! Great - just hilarious!

Linda