Reviews for The Runic Legacy
LovlyRita chapter 7 . 10/2/2010
Chapter 5

I liked this chapter! It was one of my favorites so far.

There's that word again...Mage. You are going to have to explain this to me. Oh and hey! Claude and Carrie join everyone else! Exciting! haha.

I really like the dialogue exchange between Celes and Steiner. I think they play off eachother well. I also like the word damnably. nice, haha. And then...I am woman, hear me roar, That's super funny! I feel like that's always an argument for women...

i know I've used it before! haha

Oh you brought back Celes' shoulder dislocation! She's got an unstable shoulder now you know...I'm telling you, a Bankhart lesion. google it. It would be tender haha.

OMG The Princess got stolen by a plant? HOW DID I MISS THAT? I'm going to have to go back and read that whole section again. *sigh*

Either way I really liked this one. good job!

LovlyRita chapter 6 . 10/2/2010
Chapitre Quatre

I liked this one. i've decided I like this Celes. I just went back to the first chapter and read and realize now that...most of these are OCs, yes?

Anyway, I liked this chapter. Celes seems like she's pretty independent, like she's going to get her job done and protect at any cost. admirable. I'm not sure what I think about this missing princess though. I'm kinda annoyed at her. Maybe that's because she's a princess and I'm not. It's possible. But it also could be because I like Celes and the Princess leaving of her own accord kind of annoys me now. This is exactly why I'm not in the military. lol.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the whole Carrie and Claude thing. There are always these snap shots of them, brief in nature, so i'm not sure what they are doing. It intrigues me!

So that whole section about the weapon choice and the fighting style..I really liked that. I think it's because I don't know anything about either of them, so I actually found it super helpful, lol. It kinda sounded textbooky to me, and you know how I loooooooooooooooove text books :)

Ok so you're going to make fun of me...or your going to be alarmed, I'm not sure which. This is the first chapter that I realized that this Zidane character was one of the actors in the first chapter, yes? I went back to read the first chapter, which reads even easier now that I'm more familiar with the characters. I can also see how ff net is messing up your formatting. Fail, ff net, fail.

Also...the "mage kid." I have to ask...I've seen this in several chapters...what the hell is a mage? If I google it I get a bunch of WoW stuff and I KNOW that's not where that comes from. you'll have to let me know.

Great job with this chapter, as always!

LovlyRita chapter 5 . 10/1/2010
Chapter 3

So I decided to use this as a bed time story for tonight! And I want to say this to you-this is the first chapter I've really been able to get a clear picture in my mind about what is going on with these characters. I was able to follow Celes's difficulties in the beginning, able to keep up with the fight, and really understand these characters. It was nice to really see them for the first time!

It was a little difficult to understand when the point of view was changing. As far as I can tell it started with Celes (which by the way I don't k now how to pronounce that haha) and then jumped to Carrie's...and then jumped to a large battle with...a plant I think, and then back to Carrie and Claude's which eventually just melted back into the battle, is that correct? That's what I got from it. Oh and just so you know, because I'm not entirely sure what kind of plant monster this is, it has officially, in my mind, become the weird baby plant from Super Mario Galaxy for the wii. I mean, I know that's not right...but when I think of giant plant monsters attacking, that's where my head goes. Either there or to Devil's Snare from the HP series, but that doesn't really attack you...it just strangles you. Which could be considered an attack. You know what? Never mind.

I will admit that something distracted me in this chapter, and you're going to laugh when you find out what it is. You know how physical therapy minded I am...and there was a little bit of shoulder dislocation action taking place! I've decided that it has to be an anterior dislocation, as posterior is quite rare. My guess is she's probably got a bankhart lesion, as this is common with anterior dislocations- I'm going to guess that she needs surgery, especially since it got injured AGAIN later in the story. you know, when you wrote this, you probably never intended that anyone would read that and think...shoulder dislocation...what are all the different ways I can fix that and how serious would it be if this happened? you were probably like- that sucks. Carry on. Well not today, sir! haha

I liked the banter and the back and forth dialogue between the characters here. Again, the action sequences were done very well, and I like the ending bit after they've defeated the plant or whatever. I kind of feel like there's something I'm missing-why was a giant plant attacking them? I don't know. I just kind of accept that this is the way of things, haha. Maybe you can explain it to me sometime!

Another brilliant job done!

LovlyRita chapter 4 . 10/1/2010
Chapter 2

Ooh some action! That's fun! I think some of the difficulty I'm having with this story isn't the fact that there's anything wrong with it, but the fact that I'm unfamiliar with some of the characters and the context of them. not your OC's, of course, but the canon ones. Actually...I don't know exactly which ones are OCs and which ones are canon. But you said something about it in the last chapter so I can go back and check.

I liked the action in this one, it was good. And something else I wanted to point out about your writing is word choice. I talked about your descriptions in the last review, but something that has really struck me about everything that you write is word choice. You just really choose some amazing words that make sentences pop out! I think one of them that I saw here was "the bomb shimmered." That was very good.

I do look forward to seeing where this is going, and to know the characters a little bit better. :)

LovlyRita chapter 3 . 10/1/2010
Ok, figurative Chapter 1, as the others were prologues.

It took me...entirely too long to read this lol. Aside from what I already told you about it, i LOVED the beginning. The descriptions were superb. I think my favorite was "Evening hues cloaked the city." That was nicely done. I also like the description of the air ship that is "floating lazily." I could see a lazy airship. That's pretty cool.

I do have to say that it really took half way through the chapter before I got a good grasp on what was going on here. Part of that was my divided attention. There was some confusing bits in there, namely when you switched from normal characters to the play characters, and then back again. i had a difficult time getting a clear picture in my head of exactly what was going on. It was however, erratic and I feel like that was the intention, with the missing princess and all, so good job.

I think you are masterful with dialogue. It's definitely a strong suit. Your descriptions have a distinct, subtle beauty to them that I really enjoy. And I know I was a little negative in the paragraph above, and that isn't to say I didn't like it. I just got lost in the minutiae and I couldn't hear your voice anymore. I'm looking forward to the next few chapters though. :)

LovlyRita chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
Chapter 2:

ok, now this one was dark! Something you've written here I think is very dark. "You can kill him in his mind long before you kill his body." I really, really like this, because it's true, and it's very scary. That's pretty dark. I mean, i'm not disturbed or anything (you'll have try hard for that one) but I do like it.

Again, the mystery surrounding this! and the fact that I honest to God have absolutely no idea what is going on. I mean, i could have read the story summary but I didn't. I'm wondering what's the deal with this kid. I guess we'll see, eh?

On to the next

LovlyRita chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Alright, Runic Legacy Reviews: GO.

Chapter 1.

I have no flippin idea what is going on in this chapter. haha. But I think there is some great dialogue here! And it really makes you wonder, especially this last little bit toward the end. I think it's very majestically written, it commands your attention. It's clear the one girl...the one who isn't important, has the utmost respect for the general, but it seems to be a mutual respect, and that's admirable.

Ok, that's really all I can say about this one, it's kinda short :) On to the next.
Faermage-KH Junkie chapter 12 . 6/14/2009
woohoo! Hey there y'all, fun time! I can't wait to read more, so mr. Rydell, you'd better finish the next chapter son, or you'll make your fangirl cry!
Faermage-KH Junkie chapter 11 . 3/31/2009
No! I want more of this! Really!

Yeah... please, finish the next chapter... I'm a big fan of the Clouded Horizons continuity, this is great stuff!
Faermage-KH Junkie chapter 9 . 3/31/2009
...geez.

Albedo much?
Iron Reaver chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
Because, as we all know? Claude is the greatest thing since FedEx.
Iron Reaver chapter 9 . 5/13/2007
*frowns* What he isn't tell you, of course, is that even after all of this took place he just couldn't let bygone be bygones.

Query. You had me write a journal entry, but didn't use it. What happened to it and will it be used in the future?
Iron Reaver chapter 8 . 9/16/2006
You could have just added the fight scene. Then I wouldn't have complained. But nu, you had to be rebel with it. SCALE YOUR TELVANNI STRONGHOLD! SCALE IT! SCALE CELES CHERE, SCALE!
Iron Reaver chapter 7 . 7/29/2006
FIRE ZE MISSILES!

Ahem. Um, let us see what we have here. Excellent quotes this chapter...yes...uh, keep up the good work? By the way, I just got your order of freshly bagged souls, but...they're startin' to reek like you after a burritofest. So, uh, could you come get them? Don't want to keep Destine or Miasmus waiting, now would you?
Nightfire04 chapter 7 . 7/29/2006
I have one simple thing to say.

"Carrie herself looked white."

What's the word I'm looking for...it's on the tip of my tongue...ah, yes. Understatement. That's it.