Reviews for The Sharp Edge of Dreams
Would they speak plainly already! lol See this is why communication skills are needed for a good relationship; to acknowledge others do not think the same as you do and try and clear up all those misunderstanding. I still have a feeling they thoughts go in different directions even as they agree! :P
Well Sarah, gratitude and/or friendship are a good base as any for building attraction/love! But yes, she should probably take the time to ask his some questions to figure out all the feels :)
InkHeart17 chapter 9 . 2/9
Oh I like these "horses" you've made for the story. I'm very intrigued at this entire plotline, but I thought I'd stop and tell you that I especially liked this chapter.
Saphira113 chapter 31 . 1/26
Oooooohhhhhh damn. Honestly the thing I most understand about this chapter is how pleased Sarah is to be a dragon. I'm not terribly sure I would choose to be human.
SilverBirchStudio chapter 31 . 1/19
Finally a strong Sarah! Looking forward to reading more of your work!
Angeliclygood chapter 31 . 12/5/2014
Love your story. Well thought out. Best one I've read. Ever.
dcdomain6 chapter 31 . 11/22/2014
Read it twice, I loved it so much. The sequel is awesome, too. Love them both.
Ukchana chapter 3 . 10/31/2014
Maybe it's because you wrote this all in 3 months and posted it thus, but it's unfair you have so few reviews! You deserve more than that.

This story, unlike so many Labyrinth fanfics, is compelling and each character speaks with their own voice (a rarity especially in this genre). The firefighting to me is also something Sarah might choose because she wants to be the heroine. It seems to me she is too harsh on herself.

I'm curious if the woman is the same as Jareth's mother in the last chapter. Sarah once again manipulated would make this quite the tragedy. But one I still want to read, because your writing is so intense!
Bloodsired chapter 31 . 7/2/2014
Your narrative is superb, although some of it confused me, especially the trial. I like how you take Sidhe culture and elemental into plot. And of course the different characterization of Jareth and Sarah. Kudos!
AC01 chapter 28 . 4/16/2014
Some years later and I happen to re-read this story. While re-reading it, I wondered why I had not added it as a favorite the first time, as it had a strong start and continued on a blazing path from there, and then...I remembered. Right around the part when the challenges begin, after the pair selects their warhorses (wonderful introspection, by the way), the story became a little confusing, rushed, and the writing a tad convoluted for a while (perhaps this is where you started posting in succession, rather than having several chapters written and planned out beforehand?).

In between these blurs, there were moments of sharp clarity and interest that mirrored the excitement and potential from before, but the full impact of these scenes was difficult to hold onto amidst the loose ends.

Yet, despite the critique, I respect your vision and have thoroughly enjoyed the rest. I have no doubt your writing has only improved since this was written.
I wish you well with future creative endeavors. —Alex
Ranidia chapter 22 . 1/23/2014
"...she also had an obligation to learn to use her magic wisely. Not because it had been given to her, but because the fact she had it would place others in a position to be victimized by her ignorance."

This line is WONDERFUL. It is very hard for people to come to understand that our ignorance can victimize others. It's easier (and cruel) to react to such situations with an indignant "But I didn't know better!" I am really loving the thought provoking narrative of this story. 3
Julie5 chapter 17 . 12/13/2013
And here is a heroine worthy of admiration and emulation, the kind of female hero so lacking in most good stories with very rare exceptions- Kahlan, from SoT books not TV- Katniss Everdeen Books not movie and Tris most recently for me, This is a Sarah I can hero worship freely and without reservation. I am so in love with this story and its version of Sarah and jareth and the worlds and cultures they live in.
Julie5 chapter 15 . 12/13/2013
I cried when I read this almost 2 months ago and it still makes my heart clench. This chapter was well written and powerful for the air of sorrowful introspection and cruelty of both self defensive reactions and honesty, very much in keeping with the spirit hinted at in the movie.
Julie5 chapter 14 . 12/13/2013
And all she wants is him. Overwhelmed by a pang of bittersweet longing and frustration on their behalf, the two need to be locked in a room together until they know each other too well. Man I love this story, a strong heroine, Jareth as more than arm candy and wish fulfillment an entirely different culture to immerse myself in child of fire and air a concept that also ensnared me the first time I read it and then there is the humorous habit you have of alluding to the movie and the current state of things as illustrated in the last part of this chapter, it always leaves me chuckling!
Julie5 chapter 13 . 12/13/2013
And the soil for friendship is ripe for planting perhaps at last the fantasies are being laid to rest and to be honest the Jareth and Sarah with issues are delightful, as most people are since most people have issues. I love your adult Sarah. Equal parts confidence and angst ridden mess and sure its an oxymoron but many times the most interesting characters are.