Reviews for The Sharp Edge of Dreams
Julie5 chapter 12 . 12/13/2013
And there it is the chapter that sealed it up like a Christmas Present, Jareth has the same desire to not be second best as Sarah they could each belong to the other if they let themselves each be the others highest reverence. Such a small part of the chapter as a whole but it is the romance of it that sings so loudly.
Julie5 chapter 11 . 12/13/2013
So much foreshadowing, backshadowing, the internal conversation about the nature of love springing from friendship being chosen 1st not ranking second all of it so darn believable it squeezes the heart. This chapter was very good with squeezing your heartguts.
Julie5 chapter 10 . 12/13/2013
Sarah and Jareth both have more in common with their mounts than is at first apparent and if each would put a bit of observation into understanding the mount of the other they may understand each other better.
Julie5 chapter 9 . 12/13/2013
That was stunning and poignant, Sarah and Jareth trudging up the mountain, she killed his boyish delight then felt bad about it but no further exchange occurred and that was frustrating then his delighted dance with his horse and Sarahs exchange with her own and her ability to see beuty where no one else would, wild, strong, free words to describe herself as well as her horse, words to describe the allure of the Goblin King, words to describe the labyrinth, words to describe perhaps the magic of despair. The excitement only deepens.
Julie5 chapter 8 . 12/13/2013
So much win! This chapter you really open the readers eyes to what it means to be the king of the Goblins and the many hardships faced in the position and how Jareth thinks of his kingdom first, one of the few stories that makes his position important to the story being told it also serves as a catalyst to once again deepen the character beyond his tight pants and glamrocker hair. And that character becomes more complex and more worthy of the heroine and of course pulls dramatically on the heartstrings when the reader really roots for the happy ending pun intended the 2 main characters deserve but never really received on screen.
Julie5 chapter 7 . 12/13/2013
Sarah's awakening, the dragon magic, the knowledge that Jareth still intended to have Sarah as his queen all marvelous. The challenge which should not have been acceted but was mysterious and exciting and Sarahs Magic cuddling Jareth's was extremely delightful reading and now someone worth hating worth hopin Sarah's dragon can set on fire and kill hoodalally! Awesome chapter the action, the mystery the suspense, the character interaction just enough to keep impetus strong, but not enough to quench the desire for more and it is that hope that drives me on to the next incredible chapter.
Julie5 chapter 6 . 12/13/2013
Ahhhh the many lovely details of this chapter, Sarah's confusion her ability to see through the glamours and then she calls for him and he came. I know its cliche and small but it was my favorite part. And she says simply- it hurts and on some level trusts him to make it stop.
Julie5 chapter 5 . 12/13/2013
So much was imparted in this chapter. We learn Jareth's love was real, and fully bloomed in spite of his mothers suppositions. we also learn that Jareth is not above using himself and the woman he loves to further his ambitions manipulating them both and events to suit him. Sadly, shockingly it is also learned that Jareth had no clue the strength of the rift between sarah and himself and he is not only stunned but shaken and devestated and heartbroken at the discovery; add into the mix his worry over the challenge and the subtle hints you throw in about the meaning of the bracelet and Sarah's actions having unknown to her consequences, the Despair encroaching on the Labyrinth and the awakening sentience of it and this chapter is indicative of why I can't seem to walk away from the computer as I read this weeks ago and why I can't walk away now as I happily reread it again.
Julie5 chapter 4 . 12/13/2013
And here you did it again, upending expectations, anyone who saw Bowie's face at the end of the movie knew he loved Sarah- er- Jareth did- but then you put this spin on it, not love but a fascination- maybe the beginning of an epic love when most fanfics have it already fully bloomed you hint that it had yet to blossom then the line "Sarah was a weapon of his own design that the Goblin King had yet to call to his hand." Even when I did not fully understand this I remember the chills- course I just got them again because that line is the epitome of badassery and I can't wait to find out is she a hand grenade or a NUKE. I also appreciate that Jiann, initially the concerned mom, still plays that role to our face while engaging in the manipulation of mortals the Fae are so notorious for.
Julie5 chapter 3 . 12/13/2013
I really love this chapter, it is so easy to empathize with Sarah, to see through the perspective you have created for her, and having metaknowledge of what is to come and what we know from Jareth's side of things it makes me feel sad for her and excited at the same time. The first time I read this chapter I teared up. There was a lot it depth and passion put into the prose and it was appreciated and respected the first time I read it and echoed now.
Julie5 chapter 2 . 12/13/2013
2 months ago this was where I knew this was no ordinary story. First the seemingly effortless way with which you incorporated the most popular lesson from the movie into the action of the story was awesome. Second, Sarah as a firefighter. Let me say it again. Sarah. As. A. Firefighter. And she seems to have these magical instincts which whisper to me the reader that she is still a dreamer and perhaps touched by and protected by otherworldly powers which sends a thrill through me even though I know now it was not Jareth. I am also a huge fan of Dennis Leary's show Rescue me and shades of that emotional show shadowed me with every word of this chapter. Finally, the fall at the end when Sarah jumped, she leapt with confidence, once again, to save the child. Circling back to her origins and reminding us that for all that she seems to have changed she is still the Sarah Williams we once knew. You weave the old and known with elements of the new and unknown Sarah you will make us fall in love with over the course of this story and it was done with such flawless precision that this is where my readers heart was captured and this was where I got so excited.
Julie5 chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
About a month and ahalf ago I discovered Labyrinth fanfiction and hit it hard. 2 weeks in I read this book and now weeks later I still remember it with the most fondness so I am here to reread it and review it chapter by chapter because yes it was good enough to be worth a reread. So with this opening chapter on my 2nd reading I find myself intrigued by Jareth's mother and intrigued by her perspective of her son and the new light it paints him with. In the movie he is a very complex character, equal parts tender, and vicious, cruel and kind, sometimes it seems like he does not want to win and others he acts like winning is everything. You have added some much needed biographical details that flesh out the why's of the ways in which he acted and offer a new side to the Goblin King. A hidden vulnerability, a bit of the outcast king of all outcasts and a man that can inspire love and loyalty and not just fear and obedience and this I feel is always a good thing. It was this new perspective on Jareth that initially propelled me into the next chapter a couple months ago. I was left hungry for more insights into the enigmatic king.
Jill chapter 31 . 11/10/2013
Just read this entire thing in less than 2 days...
Don't feel bad about only getting one review...I also had a glass of wine next to me that was ignored for HOURS while I was reading. I forgot it was there.
I also have a husband that got ignored for hours...because I forgot he was there...hahaha.
Thank goodness for xbox...
GeorgeTobor chapter 30 . 10/15/2013
So so good.

But I see you have not updated in quite a while.

If you cannot finish the fic please upload any notes or outlines.

We can imagine the details if we know the broad sweep of it.
Anonk chapter 16 . 10/13/2013
Haha I love how be panicked before she'd decided :)
321 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »