Reviews for The Sharp Edge of Dreams
fearsomdiety chapter 12 . 2/15/2006
This is so amazing! Update really quickly! It is so good to see new, original stories being written, so please continue!
dansemacabre chapter 12 . 2/15/2006
Wow, another triple whammy of updates! I love how the character of Jareth is developing here. A few writers do choose to portray him like you have- a Sidhe underdog of a lesser kingdom, caught up in political manueverings. I enjoy that take on the story very much, and you've done that very well.

I also love this chapter's ending:

"She had looked at him as if he were the sum of all her desires..."

Fantastic line, and oh, so true...
Sabrinasidd chapter 9 . 2/15/2006
I just finished readin through your story, and I absolutely adored your writing. The imagery you invoke with your words is breathtaking. I also admired the very original and innovative idea of making Sarah into a warrior character rather than the too-common artist and/or artisan characterization.

It's a brilliant idea that makes perfect sense. Everyone tends to forget that although Sarah was a Dreamer personality (granted access to the Underground because of this trait) she was also a fighter and protector who rose to the Goblin King's challenge not only to save her brother, but also to help out her friends wherever and whenever possible.

In hindsight... making her a firefighter was perfection. One of those 'How did the author think of it, and how come I never saw it that way before' moments ;)

I LOVED the whole choosing the war-horse sequence. It was so emotional and so beautiful it made me cry :D

I also heartily approve of the fact that you appear to be updating at a near-franctic pace. Looking forward to the upcoming chapters. Keep up the great work :D
Bex Drake chapter 9 . 2/15/2006
Beautiful :) I loved this chapter. The mare seems very... interesting? I'm intrigued as to where you are going with this, so I cannot wait for more.
Captain Oblivious chapter 9 . 2/15/2006
Dude. The Labyrinth is bloody awesome. . . I only watched it for the first time last week. Imagine my delight when I discovered the fan fiction that went along with it!

Intriguing story so far. . . update soon!
dansemacabre chapter 9 . 2/14/2006
Well, I read through the other chapters so fast, I didn't even stop to review. This gets more intriguing by the chapter!

I'll also have to reread the parts about the Champions and Challenges when my brain is more awake and can hopefully digest it all better. But even so, I already know I must read the rest of this story!
dansemacabre chapter 4 . 2/14/2006
This chapter helps flesh out Jiann's character even more, and I like what I see. Good OCs are hard to find, particularly good OCs who happen to be a relative of Jareth's.

Your premise is so neat I wish I could steal it, but I wouldn't do as good of a job. ;)
dansemacabre chapter 3 . 2/14/2006
Ooh, it gets even better. I love this confrontation between Sarah amd her mysterious visitor, all about the effect of their glamour upon mortals. Talk about a sharp edge... the dialogue and Sarah's anger was effin' amazing, and it perfectly lays out how much Jareth affected her without delving into the usual angsty melodrama and copious tears. Very, very well done.
dansemacabre chapter 2 . 2/14/2006
Well, this is definitely new. I don't think I've ever seen Sarah in such an action-type role, people usually portray her as an actress, writer, artist, etc. This is very, very new, and I love it.

I know diddly squat about firefighting, but what you have here sounds good and credible to a civilian's ear. And it seems altogether appropriate if Sarah is to be Jareth's Champion- another concept I love, by the way.
dansemacabre chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
This fic was recommended to me by a friend, and so far, very intriguing! It's a shame this doesn't have more reviews, because it's an excellent opening.

Great overview of the movie's closing events, and you set up Jareth's situation quickly and concisely. I look forward to reading the rest!
Legessa chapter 9 . 2/14/2006
Oh! I love it, I love it! Plus, three new chapters I'm ecstatic. Deedle deedle dee. This day just couldn't get any better 'cuz let's face it Men's Short Program is on tonight and I'll get to see my fav guy skate. Oh, you probably want something about the chapter yeah? I really liked this chapter, the whole choosing process, Sarah's insecurities, etc. I think it's great how you write Sarah's personality- the fact that she has such determination and damned if I do, damned if I don't persona. So, that's about it I think; I can't wait for your next update (really isn't that a stupid statement because I do in reality have to wait for your chapter whoever built that into a popular statement sucks- so bad pun aside maybe a better statement is I'll be champing at the bit.)
Legessa chapter 6 . 2/13/2006
Holy crap! I absolutely love your story. The political intrigue and the way your plot swirls so that you think you understand a character's motives and then it shifts. This is most excellent and I hope you update really quickly, please? I'll even give up chocolate for a day if you do. Please!
Bex Drake chapter 6 . 2/13/2006
Chilling.

I loved this chapter :) It was fabulous. I also liked the way you portrayed Jareth's character, it was interesting. I cannot wait for more.
wind-up toy chapter 6 . 2/12/2006
Hm, this is a good story, I'm suprised you don't have more reviews. It's a bit confusing in places, but on the whole enjoyable, and the plot, while a bit cliched, has a new twist thrown on it with the Toby-as-Heir approach, and your characterization of Sarah - certainly a new one, but realistic enough - adds to this a lot. Very good work, better than mine at least. xD
Midnight Lady chapter 6 . 2/11/2006
what the? what's gonna happen? ah!

damn, now that's a cliffhanger.
321 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 Next »