Reviews for Strange meeting
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
A wonderful sequel to Black Hour.

I loved the characterisations of Faramir and Aragorn, and the seamless, natural progress of their friendship in their first meeting after the dreamlike healing that Faramir hadn't remembered. Aragorn's understanding Faramir's value and honoring and respecting him is a welcome contrast to Denethor's poisonous treatment of his secondborn. And Aragorn's completing Faramir's healing with words, restoring the balance that had been missing in Faramir's life of late - a wise and compassionate liegelord, and the knowledge that the desperate mission to the outwalls had not been a gallant failure, it had helped saved Gondor.

I loved the metaphor of water and wine - what Aragorn gives Faramir is as necessary as water to a thirsty man, even though Faramir had done without for a long time.

Great story.
Nienor Niniel chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
Oh, that's a nice sequel to the other piece! Great idea to have them meet there, and a very well-written conversation!

I really enjoyed this very much.

Nienor Niniel

PS: As you mention the possibility of Faramir going to Cormallen... you don't by any chance plan to write about that, too? ;-D
17 | « Prev Page 1 2