Reviews for The Queen's Return
Celebrien chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
What a beautiful story! Wow, I'm speechless. :)
Spoofmaster chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
This is a really lovely story, and I have to agree with an earlier reviewer that it's really wonderful that you took it past the angst that's inherent in any Susan-centric story that extends beyond The Last Battle. The tone was very fitting to the books, too.
BLG chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
A very nice read, I like it.
Window2MySoul chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
that was sad but sweet. great job. very well written.
NostalgicFool chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
It's so sweet... I really shouldn't be reacting like this, but I'm in tears now. This was beautiful! The way you led us along Susan's fall and eventual redemption was well written and brilliantly delivered, and I think you captured the way Aslan would save the wayward queen. Thank you for writing this. Seriously. Thank you.
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
I know I should be happy, for the end is quite nice, I just can't help the tears that come to me right now.

I really liked this fic. The way you handled everything. With Susan doing so many things but not actually living.

I think it was all very good.

Congrats on your work
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Sigh. This is such a wonderful story. It's so refreshing to see a Susan story that gets past the train crash and does more than angst about it. I mean, I was reading and it hit the part about the train, but I looked and there was still two-thirds of the story left! And it was all fabulous. I loved the description and use of Those Girls as a deterrent for Susan's belief. It was done with all grace, and when she's an adult I love how she keeps trying to make atonement.

All the OC's were fine and not cheesy, and the lion pin was good, too. Best of all I like the dream sequence with Lucy and Aslan - actually, was it a dream? I couldn't really tell, and I think that's another reason why it's so great. All I know is that it was well done, and it directly inspired every dream sequence I've ever written, so thank you for that. This story was simply lovely to read.
blvdgirl chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
I'm crying at this lovely tale you've told. I've always worried about poor Susan. I am glad that in your story she is reconciled to her childhood faith.
RiverSong DreamShadow chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
I really love the way you did this story; I'd always wondered what happened to Susan after the books ended... and I think you did a marvelous job. And that bit with Aslan truly touched me. I was nearly crying by the end of the story, although I don't quite know why... perhaps because I can identify with Susan, wanting to be one of Those Girls, and all... anyway, this really is a wonderful work. Thank you, and God Bless

Lady Ria
Airys chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
At the end of _The Last Battle_, I always get teary-eyed at the part where Susan does not return to Narnia with the rest of her family...what a fitting piece this is.

Beautifully written!
maypanic chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Wandered here from your lj, and discovered this beautiful work of art. My heart was broken when I first read of Susan forgetting and denying Narnia, I always wondered about what her life would have been. You've captured the possibility beautifully. Actually brought tears to my eyes, and that doesn't happen often.
done.sorry chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
I know it's an old fic, but I just have to respond to it anyway. Oh, Miss H. I just adore this fic. In fact, I just spent nearly two hours searching for it because I forgot to add it to my favorites the first time I read it. It's so well-written, and the scene with Susan and Aslan is so Narnia-esqe. It reminds me a bit of Jill's dream in The Silver Chair. Lovely.

And I know this is entirely unrelated, but is there any chance you'll update OBAFU?
Angel Negra chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
I have tears in my eyes. This was wonderful, a very believable explanation for what we're told of Susan in 'The Last Battle', heart-wrenching and I love how she was allowed to go back. Every other Susan post-series fic I've read never really gives her that option. I also like that what they wanted most for Susan was to really live, not just survive. Very nicely done.
Raiining chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Aw...

That was beautiful beyond words. I've never gone looking for a post-Narnia Susan story, because I've never thought to, and I was afraid no one would do it justice. But this ..

well you had me crying by the, oh, beginning of the second half, and I never stopped. Lovely story.
Lauren chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
Wow! This story was really great! I'm what you might call a narnia addict, and this story is brill, as I always wondered what ever happened to Susan, as she was alays my favorite character! I have little criticism to offer, exept that you should perhaps take the historical aspects more into view, as it was unlikely that Susan travelled to America so freely, and commercial airlines were most probably not available at that time... I hope that this will be helpful to you!
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »