Reviews for The Drums
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Hi. I just saw this today and I really enjoyed it. For those people who said it looked familiar, it's because it's based on The Bells by Edgar Allen Poe. (It's one of my favorites.) Teachers should use this as an example of what you can do when you're familiar with the classics. Don't worry about your English. You have nothing to apologize for. I am currently reading Welcome to the Club.
Nearing Midnight chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Speechless. This is awesome.
InMourningForAthelstan chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
A great poem fic. Very well written.
Song of Grey Lemons chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Wow. I am speechless.
Mirach chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
I love the rhythm you created, something dark and erthly like the pounding of drums in the depths.
Larner chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Exceedingly dramatic. I do believe the master would LOVE this poem! Excellent!
A shade of grey91 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
wow. That was an amazing poem, great job!
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Such an excellent poem. Thudding inexorable rhythm and repetition. Love how the drums fall silent at the end as the narrator gets the hell out of that Balrog's way.

I feel as if I have seen this poem elsewhere, though I'm not sure where. I enjoyed reading it again.
animefreak2015 chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Wow.
Brimseye chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
oh thats so good! Poor dwarfs! Scary Balroc! My favorite lines are: "Voice of vengeance, voice of fire,Dragon skull and dragon hide. Hear them , fear them, feel the ire, Feel the drums pulse deep inside, All the time. Thunder rolling in the deep, Threat to keep away the sleep." So good! Your one of my favorite authors! Reading this i can almost hear the drums from the movie! scarry! Your writing is Great! I got into reading it and almost began chanting the words cuz they have such a good beat to them! Keep writing please! Love your stories!