Reviews for Dark Forest
1356-2478 chapter 78 . 2/5
Well, I must say I rather didn't like this story at first, as none of the characters acted as they did in the books, but I'm glad I read it through.
They act much better now.
Grey-Orc chapter 48 . 9/8/2015
I wish you had a non slash version of this tale. I don't like slash in any form. It's a good enough story to add to favorites or my community ... except that it's got slash and married elves kissing people other than their spouses even if only once or twice. I believe the elven marital bond is eternal and such things would just not be done. That's the beauty of AUs, though, I suppose.
Grey-Orc chapter 27 . 9/8/2015
Roughly when do Thranduil's flashbacks in the court of Celeborn and Galadriel take place and how does it relate, time wise, to Doriath? I find the timeline of Silmarillion events to be difficult to keep up with, but I thought Numenor was a second age thing and Doriath a first, which if so would have made it impossible for Annatar's father to know Orophir in Doriath depending on just how much time elapsed. Now given who Annatar is, we know he's full of something stinky, but if it's too long a time why would Thranduil not catch the lie given that Annatar's apparently passing himself off to him as a mortal? It's possible you answered this years ago in an author's note or the story itself since I'm just now finding and reading this story, but thanks for the clarification anyway, in whatever form it might take.
wenduo chapter 50 . 4/27/2015
Aww poor Infant and Orc/Elf mother can 't help but feel sorry for them.
wenduo chapter 49 . 4/27/2015
What was is all a dream? Did he die o.o
wenduo chapter 26 . 4/27/2015
Woah haha so Thranduil was quite the awkward one as younger. xD
wenduo chapter 16 . 4/26/2015
Woah this is really a good mix of angsty drama with some mystery. If not almost slain by his father is the worst. What is the worst?
wenduo chapter 15 . 4/26/2015
Interesting so the song made Gimli see the past of his friend?
wenduo chapter 13 . 4/26/2015
Well it's clear that their relationship do need a fix.
wenduo chapter 12 . 4/26/2015
Oww what a scary dream. Haha i laughed hard of how much poor Gimli tried to get an answer.
wenduo chapter 9 . 4/26/2015
Interesting past you have made up.
wenduo chapter 6 . 4/26/2015
Interesting wonder why Legolas isn't on a good foot with his father at all.
wenduo chapter 3 . 4/26/2015
Woah what a change in weather, wonder who this steanger are.
wenduo chapter 2 . 4/26/2015
Like how relaxed their adventure sounds. Also the many questions Gimli is taking up.
Ralph Brew chapter 4 . 4/8/2015
I am so confused. I was really enjoying your writing style and characterisations, but at some point Legolas and Gimli were separated by ... what was it? A muddy landslide? A Huorn? It screamed and tore them apart I think. Were they ever in Fangorn? I didn't hear any descriptive reference to the trees to help convey this. How long had they been there before disaster struck? What did they do in Fangorn before disaster struck? And they find themselves each alone, with Gimli on Arod without Legolas at one point but somehow as the chapters proceed, they seem to be back together again. When, how, what? I think the early chapter on Gimli's attempts in Hollin with the Fellowship to connect to Legolas was very interesting and I was waiting for more but instead we entered a chaotic dreamworld in which even the sequence of the story looks like it might be uncertain. I think you need some text which helps give the dimensions of time more clarity and clearer descriptions of landscape to help ground the reader visually.