Reviews for Dark Forest
wenduo chapter 50 . 4/27
Aww poor Infant and Orc/Elf mother can 't help but feel sorry for them.
wenduo chapter 49 . 4/27
What was is all a dream? Did he die o.o
wenduo chapter 26 . 4/27
Woah haha so Thranduil was quite the awkward one as younger. xD
wenduo chapter 16 . 4/26
Woah this is really a good mix of angsty drama with some mystery. If not almost slain by his father is the worst. What is the worst?
wenduo chapter 15 . 4/26
Interesting so the song made Gimli see the past of his friend?
wenduo chapter 13 . 4/26
Well it's clear that their relationship do need a fix.
wenduo chapter 12 . 4/26
Oww what a scary dream. Haha i laughed hard of how much poor Gimli tried to get an answer.
wenduo chapter 9 . 4/26
Interesting past you have made up.
wenduo chapter 6 . 4/26
Interesting wonder why Legolas isn't on a good foot with his father at all.
wenduo chapter 3 . 4/26
Woah what a change in weather, wonder who this steanger are.
wenduo chapter 2 . 4/26
Like how relaxed their adventure sounds. Also the many questions Gimli is taking up.
Ralph Brew chapter 4 . 4/8
I am so confused. I was really enjoying your writing style and characterisations, but at some point Legolas and Gimli were separated by ... what was it? A muddy landslide? A Huorn? It screamed and tore them apart I think. Were they ever in Fangorn? I didn't hear any descriptive reference to the trees to help convey this. How long had they been there before disaster struck? What did they do in Fangorn before disaster struck? And they find themselves each alone, with Gimli on Arod without Legolas at one point but somehow as the chapters proceed, they seem to be back together again. When, how, what? I think the early chapter on Gimli's attempts in Hollin with the Fellowship to connect to Legolas was very interesting and I was waiting for more but instead we entered a chaotic dreamworld in which even the sequence of the story looks like it might be uncertain. I think you need some text which helps give the dimensions of time more clarity and clearer descriptions of landscape to help ground the reader visually.
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 78 . 3/19
Okay. Wow. Okay.

So. It took me four days to devour this. My heart soared, my stomach dropped, I was on the edge of my seat, I lounged on my pillows. All-in-all, this was a roller-coaster ride of emotion. I actually had to wait twelve hours before writing this review, so emotionally drained/thrilled I was. Wow. I'm still kind of whoooOOOooooo.

Unfortunately, I am currently finishing my first year of grad school, so my wealth of free time is practically nil. At a later date I plan on going back to enjoy every single word and detail you've poured into this tome. I appreciate the obvious love and dedication you've put in this, and your fine attention to detail.

I know it's been a couple of years since you've finished this, know people out there (like me) are still stumbling on this gem of a LotR story. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

-Q
Elebriwien chapter 78 . 1/7
I found this lovely story through Ziggy's recommendation and I have to say that this story is so great!
You have no idea how many times I spend my days at work re-imagining all the scenes that I have read and making myself go back and re-read this amazing story. I loved the plot along with the character development, heck I even loved your oC so much! and when the story neared to the end I really didn't want it to finish! It made me crave for more!
wonderful job on the story and I really do hope if there is any new stories you're going to write in the future or even a sequel even though this one has ended.
again I would like to say, great story and thank you for sharing it with us! :D
Obsidianglasses chapter 78 . 11/11/2014
This is the first story to make me feel genuinely upset.

When you introduced Faeldaer I immediately felt sorry for him. I hoped he would eventually end up with Legolas, but I first had to find out if he was alive or not. When Legolas woke up in Mirnen I was of course very happy. But after Legolas suddenly realized he liked Faeldaer I knew something wasn't right. I had to put this story down for a day after that because I felt so sad for them.

I think I was holding back tears by the time I finally discovered Faeldaer had been dead all this time. I really felt upset, it's not something I've ever felt before reading fanfiction. I simply refused to believe it had all been a bad dream.

The way in which you told the story, really made it feel as if there was this underlaying layer of 'this doesn't feel right'. The reader doesn't know the truth until the very end. It surely felt like you knew what you were doing!

At least I'm glad Legolas has healed and found someone else to spend his time with. The epilogue wraps up the story nicely. I just can't forget about poor Faeldaer. In the end, he died alone knowing his beloved would never love him in return. I hope he finds someone else. It seems you've made your OC's too real!

I'm a little late to the party, but you deserve every review you can get for this masterpiece! I think it was Ziggy who told me to go read this story and I'm glad she did.