Reviews for Dark of the Moon
Melitot Proud Eye chapter 12 . 10/21
Beautiful! So well-written, rich in feelings, and with a fitting ending (this coming from one who usually wants the couple to be together! But this end is very in character both for Jack and Letty). A pity Jake will never see prettiest Kate... well, but who knows ;)
Guest chapter 12 . 6/16/2014
Interesting plot. Though, I think the story could have gone much better. I have some problems with Letty's characterization. She is too...fragile, in my opinion, and there isn't really many qualities about her displayed in this story, aside from her feelings for Jack. Might be why the romance felt a little abrupt and unnatural. I am glad that your female OC is not a Marysue, but the relationship is not as meaningful as it could have been, with a lack of real understanding and connection despite the mutual attraction. I would prefer more dynamic and depth in the relationship with an OC that actually has a personality aside from crying (how many times has she done that already in the story?)
Renee chapter 6 . 5/7/2012
Your diction and use of semicolons gives me hope in the world. Also the weaving of the story as a whole is positively amazing. Please keep gracing the world with your extraordinary talent. xx
Alvilda chapter 11 . 10/19/2011
Great!
Catherina Black chapter 12 . 6/23/2011
Hm! Now I would like to read a sequel about Katherines reunion with her father... I wonder if she would make a good pirate :) Write a sequel, will ya? You had such a wonderful story here, and I would LOVE to read more! :)
Midnighttomoscow chapter 2 . 5/29/2011
the best POTC story I have ever read. Your style and the way the story is broken up is very refreshing. I also enjoy how you let the writing speak for itself.
McNuffin chapter 12 . 5/13/2011
(Just posting this here too as I'm adding this to my favourites!)

Well, this put pay to my plan to spend the morning doing housework! I've just spent a very happy couple of hours reading this story instead. So thank you for that!

This was entirely awesome. I loved Letty, and your young!Jack is so perfect. (Just as he was in the Nell story.) Rescuing damsels in distress seems to be a lifelong habit for him! And I really enjoyed all the UST (and the resolving of said UST) and the lovely ending for Letty and the wistful and realistic ending for Jack. I'm in awe of how you manage to write a story where the characters don't get to stay together in such a way that makes me still feel happy and satisfied with the outcome. These stories are wonderfully old-school (Just my cup of tea!) but still fresh and exciting and so well written; I feel as if I'm reading the best of the best romance novels.

I thought Barbossa was fab. You gave him some brilliantly sardonic lines. And Bootstrap was super ... the perfect father for the honourable Will Turner.

Thank you so much for sharing!
JezzeleDeFatale chapter 12 . 2/12/2008
The ending made me cry happy tears. I meant to go to bed two hours ago. I had to know what was comming next.

Excelent work.
lintyyy chapter 12 . 10/22/2007
This has to be one of my favourite POTC fan-fics ever.

The structure you used in you're earlier chapters wasn't the greatest in my eyes (beware of sentence fragments and comma splicing), but you've improved since then and have made a thoroughly enjoyable story. kudos. ]
pearlseed chapter 12 . 9/26/2007
Well writ, One Miz Geekmama, and no one that I've ever heard or read has written "heart of hearts", that knowing part of me, the true voice, the one to be trusted, heart of hearts. So sweet a story, Missy, so absolutely dear, been to the fair and seen the bear-and a dowery for the woman-and Beautiful Kate, I did feel it, just didn't know what it was. I think you so got Jack-do you dream him or channel him? How do you know this man so thoroughly?

Do you see or hear him when he presents himself for stories? Jeezlouise, I so don't care for this part in my nature, but surely I would go with him, becos with him you will have that taste and smell forever, somewhere safe inside. Sweet dreams,
ellennar chapter 12 . 3/27/2007
Very nice, thank you for a wonderful tale!
Sheiado chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
I thought this story was absolutely wonderful and well-written, your characterizations well done. I loved it! I'm just wondering one thing lol. Do you plan on doing a sequel where Katherine searches for Jack?
Daughter of Horus chapter 12 . 7/6/2006
*squees delightedly at the ending* Wonderful! "Bonny Kate", indeed!
romani chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I love this fic so far; keep writing! I'm not sure if anyone has informed you of this, but your first story Harry and the Pirate was selected as one of the top ten fanfictions for POTC in Film Fantasy magazine, which is how I found this site.

Congrats!
Eilisan chapter 12 . 6/27/2006
Oh brilliant. Just brilliant. Thank you so much for sharing. You just tied everything together magically - your characterization is just amazing to read. I loved it. Each and every moment. Thanks again.