Reviews for We Learned The Sea
littlemslondon chapter 14 . 7/26/2014
I'm usually not one for angst, but this was really well done! I felt so terrible for James, but at the same time understood Elizabeth's hopelessness. I think you achieved a really level balance of sympathy between the two, and that's really hard to come by. I'm a sucker for a happy ending, but I think yours was fitting. Thanks for the great read!
PrettyChelsea chapter 14 . 3/28/2013
Aww i was hoping for a happy ending for James :(
pixie chapter 14 . 2/27/2013
i cried. please write a sequel with james and lizzie together again! i cant bear it, poor james...i love that man...for the commodore, please write another. let him reclaim lizzie. :)
xkuroxshinobix chapter 14 . 2/24/2012
Awww. I didn't think it would end like this. I wish Norrington would get his happy ending with Elizabeth. Maybe they'll meet again and she would be a pirate this time.
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 14 . 5/6/2009
I absolutely loved this story! It was very well written, the character's were believable, all in character. It was wonderful!
I Keep Goldfish In My Bra chapter 14 . 9/18/2008
Poor, poor Norrington:( Mean author, bad author! But we love you and your stories really:D:D
Rex Luscus chapter 14 . 4/18/2008
I loved this story. I loved that you broke them up at the end. I read a lot in this pairing, but perhaps bizarrely, I prefer the ones where she never falls in love with him, and where he does something self-sacrificing for her anyway. So, thank you for scratching that itch. :) I love that you gave him such a bitter ending - yeah, not everyone finds love, not everyone's life is fulfilling, but somehow people muddle through and find reasons to get up in the morning anyway. I'm putting this story on my reread pile.
IVIaedhros chapter 14 . 2/26/2008
Well, I'll have to reluctantly agree with some of the previous reviewers that I wished Norringtion could've gotten his "happy" ending...but then, it really wouldn't have been truthful to the characters. Well done.
IVIaedhros chapter 13 . 2/26/2008
Ah, I love it...this is how I truly imagine the Commodore.
IVIaedhros chapter 10 . 2/26/2008
Heh, you'd almost think Elizabeth has problems with asthma.
IVIaedhros chapter 8 . 2/26/2008
Nicely done, with bringing them together. The Commodore's request was also very appropriate.
IVIaedhros chapter 5 . 2/26/2008
Feels a little...too sparse; like your story has the ground work ideas, but needs to be bigger in order to realize itself. Meh, I'm glad I stumbled on this.
Libretto chapter 14 . 2/26/2008
One of the most heartbreaking stories I've ever read on this site (though don't take that in the wrong way - I stay away from dramatic angst as a rule ...). I absolutely loved it. Right until you decided that Elizabeth and Norrington couldn't be together. As a diehard Norrington fan, I was very upset that the poor man couldn't have his happy ending. The way you've written him, he absolutely deserves to find his happiness in a single person - please write a sequel! This story can't end here ;P
AHealingRenaissance chapter 14 . 1/18/2008
What did I love? The first 65 percent.

What did I hate? Well, since I'm a die-hard Norrabeth shipper, I'd say you might want to change your pairing and amend your summary :) It was well-written and kept my interest, but in the end, it isn't Norrington/Elizabeth :)
Magna Parva chapter 14 . 12/26/2007
slightly angsty, but that's what makes it good. i like your style. norrington just appeals to my heart.