Reviews for Second Chances
Mistlethwaite chapter 44 . 3/15/2013
Just found this gem. Wonderfully done!
fox24 chapter 45 . 5/20/2011
Hi

I noticed one of your old stories was updated and for a second I had remembered i had forgotten to read the last chapter of this one it's beautiful. My favorite line is Logan is going to marry that girl for her chocolate cake," so cute. A trip to Paris man Rory is so luckey. Plus everything felt so GG the Ballet slippers. It's hard to find good stories about Emily these days I'm glad you still keep the tradition.
Rori Potter chapter 45 . 10/4/2010
That was an amazing story! Please tell me there is more!
EMILY AND RICHARD chapter 45 . 8/17/2008
I liked so much this story. I can say you made real a great job! Not only the idea, but also the way you described Emily/Laura feelings. I liked that she loved Richard so much, also when she didn't remember him.
Mony19 chapter 6 . 7/20/2008
Loved this fic.

Well Done
swimmerluver chapter 45 . 12/26/2007
so i know that you wrote this story a long time ago, but i just stumbled upon it and i wanted to tell you that its one of the best stories i've ever read!

i love emily, she's always been my favorite character and i really love that she cooked and ate pizza...

i hope you write more!
princetongirl chapter 45 . 9/11/2007
pjf27mb7i3
Eliza Spootkitten chapter 45 . 6/1/2007
You are the best writer I've ever seen (so far), even if you don't research everything. No one does. It wouldn't be any fun if everyone's research was done. You should write a story where Lorelai forgets!
OldFashionedGrl chapter 45 . 5/20/2007
I have to tell you how amazing I foudn this story. I stayed up for hours and hours the other night reading it. It's such a unique and creative approach to getting this family back together. I loved how you had each character respond to Emily's "death," and then her reappearance as Laura. Also, I loved how you showed Emily and Laura really were two sides of the same person.

In Laura you did an incredible job showing all the warmth that I think we see in Emily's expressions sometimes just below the surface when no one is looking. Emily she can't show those feelings for what ever reasons. You stripped away the wall she has built against hurt and the learned facade that is there to keep up appearances and I think found the underlying heart of Emily Gilmore that perhaps only Richard knows for sure is there.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Sarai chapter 45 . 1/16/2007
Nice story!
Helen chapter 45 . 1/13/2007
Hi Alise good to have you back. I really enjoy this story and am glad that you have updated it. Please keep up the wonderful work.
Rory Forrester chapter 45 . 1/10/2007
this is such a sweet, lovely ending. well done. this was a great story, thanks so much.
Mary chapter 45 . 1/9/2007
I know this story had to end, but it really made my day when you wrote a chapter...this was a very good story, but then all your Emily stories are...You say that you are going to write another story, it has to be about Emily...I hope we don't have to wait too long...And again thanks, it was great...
lilienprinzessin chapter 45 . 1/3/2007
Thanks for warning us that this would be the last chapter. It's sad it's over (though I can't believe it took a year), but luckily you mentioned future stories, so I'm good. )

Yay for Camille/Emily. Thanks for this. Though I would've liked if Camille told her about the incident that made her quit, the scene was great. At first Emily being brisk, calling her my girl and then changing to caring. BTW when she said "I'm sorry about before", did she mean her briskness or that Camille quit thanks to her 'friends'?

Richard's "pretty amazing" and "amazingly pretty" was very sweet. I love their talk in the car.

I love that they celebrate in SH and that everyone is so light and comfortable around one another (Luke kissing her cheek, Emily and Lorelai enjoying the silence).

Then the flashback of Lorelai asking for attention she probably didn't get. Nice to see the change now.

Richard is sweet with his tree and surprise that he has to put it in the stand. Great Emily/Luke contact. Luke's very much in character as well.

Love your description of Christmas ornaments - very detailed. So they came over from Germany? Nice. ;-)

Emily always winning in Gin - hilarious.

Her lying under the Christmas tree and thinking about the past, like one year ago (did you describe that? I have to take a look back, it's too long) is great. Though I wouldn't call old Emily a skinflint.

I like that she didn't need to correct John. While yes I wasn't his greatest fan it's good she called him. Did she never thank him before?

Lorelai waking them, I can just imagine that. And Emily got a piano-shaped music box, playing her song? That's so great.

I didn't need a minute to figure out Lorelai's present. And while I'd like to read more about their new grandchild I understand that you feel the need to end it.

A great story, with a lovely ending. Looking forward to more from you. Your stories are the best.
Sandra chapter 45 . 1/3/2007
That was a wonderful way to end a great story. I love how everything was resolved and fell into place. I’m going to miss this story, but well, all good things come to an end. ; ) And I’m already looking forward to your new story.