Reviews for Through a Glass Darkly
Moonshine 369 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
This gave me chills. I really enjoyed it. Your writing's fantastic, and the characterization was impeccable. The flow and emotion give the story a genuine feel.

Great work.

moonfyre chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
What an absolutely brilliant story! I don't think I've ever seen Al's personality expressed so perfectly. To be honest, I never really understood why Al ended up looking so much like Ed in the movie, but after reading your story it makes perfect sense. I love the last few lines, because you also describe Ed really well, and I feel like I could really see how he matured. I love it! You've done a wonderful job.

empty dialogue chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Brilliantly written, as usual. And a real tearjerker.
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Interesting. I liked the reasoning into Al's becoming more and more like his brother. but my FAVORITE part of this has to be the last two lines.
Sarah chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Absolutely beautiful. That last line was so poignant. I loved the way you wrote it, aswell. I did think Al looked a bit like Ed in the movie wearing a red coat, and this was an explanation of that which seems to fit really well.
NutBuster chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
My, this was dark and written nicely. Liked that last line there.
issamalv chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I just wanted to write a quick note to let you know how much I enjoyed this story. It is well written, sticks to the original story, and this is exactly how I imagine Al being in that period of time myself. Great story.
Argentus chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
What great insight on the restored Al…his abrupt transformation, how quickly he absorbs Edward's brash personality is almost eerie but also tragically moving.

I just loved the final part, when he reunites with Edward, he never feels resentment for being in his brother's shadow, in fact, he *yearned* for it. That's selfless, unconditional love for you. I also commend you for capturing Edward's maturity, his development,in just two paragraphs.

I caught a few misspelled words but otherwise, it's a terrific oneshot- brief yet powerful.
een nihc chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I like the way you wrote it. You have a very unique insight of Al and it shows in your work. Good job.
jenniebirdie chapter 1 . 2/13/2006

No words.
Fading wind chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
You nearly made me cry. I have no idea why, but you did.

I loved this so much. You're a brilliant author.