Reviews for The Contract
Yakarin chapter 3 . 9/28/2014
This was such an amazing, amazing story, I am so glad I found it. Poor brave House doing anything to protect Wilson and Wilson so caring and loving to House, I wished the story would never end, thank you so much. I'm heading to LJ now :P
Oxalia chapter 3 . 6/29/2014
Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to throw up after this.
But that may or may not be tonight's dinner.
The work has some issues with commas and missing words here and there. The subject matter is heavy, and disturbing.
But I think that was the intended effect. I mean, you don't just write thousands of words describing agonising torture to the body and mind by accident... Probably.
But what I am really in awe of is the ending. The ending lasts a few lines. That's nothing compared to the tens of thousands of words that make the piece as a whole.
And yet, it is poignant and just replaces the dejected lump in your thoat with an overjoyed counterpart. It is long enough to explicitly state that yes, House is back. But short enough to leave the actual happy, reconciliation bits to the readers imagination. The audience is craving that 'fluff', and you can't do it 'wrong' if you haven't written it. Your writing isn't phenomenal; indeed I have seen similar concepts elsewhere, in entirely different fandoms, but it is, in my opinion, well handled and paced.
One thing, though: You could have elaborated more on why (or, rather, how) House came out if his 'rare form of semi-catatonia'. And on his condition itself. It's like a switch was flipped: 'I am a man resigned to my horrific pain, but I understand what and why it's happening to me, and hate every minute of it' to 'I have the mind of a toddler'. While one could make the argument that leaving it to the audience's imagination makes it more impactful, it just feels like we're being cheated and/or you can't think of anything to write.
Overall one of the best fics I've read, but I won't be reading it again anytime soon for my own sake.
Tower chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Wow, the hate this fic gets is disproportionate.
I like this; it's far better than a good 90% of the fics on this site grammar-wise and stylistically, even if there are flaws. Yes, it's dark, but there's a warning at the beginning for those who don't like dark and I DO like dark! :D
BabalooBlue chapter 3 . 11/16/2012
Oh my God. I knew I was in for something dark. Should've stayed away. It's been so dark that I felt sick to my stomach. Still do. BUT - it was so good I couldn't stop reading. This is definitely one of the most memorable stories I've read, and I'm not sure it's a good thing I actually kept reading. It's going to stay in my head for a long time to come.
I'm not sure about the 3rd chapter, though, except for the very last piece. Describing House as a Golem is perfect. For me the story ended with chapter 2. The 3rd was extra and not really necessary.
However, massive kudos for writing this!
Kerubim chapter 2 . 6/29/2012
This story is the most powerful and heart wrenching thing I have ever read. I can't begin to describe to you how I felt when reading this or just how many emotions it evoked at once.

I really liked the humor you injected into it, the little bits and bobs. That humor was just the right amount to keep me from breaking into tears every five minutes.
ABundleOfDaydreams chapter 3 . 1/8/2012
O_o Disturbing actually, but neat.
IceCreamDoodle13 chapter 2 . 7/6/2011
My God. That was...I'm gonna go with emotive. And VERY dark, but I can't say I wasn't warned. If there is a story that contains more House whump than this, I will be very surprised. And a bit scared. (Hence why I will not be checking out those other contractverse fics. I'm not sure my psyche can take it. But lo and behold: a happy ending! A Wilson-House bromancy one! I'm so glad I can leave the story happy. But it didn't lessen the impact of all that trauma. I have a feeling this story will stay with me for a while, and I may have more coherent thoughts about it later, but alas, I will probably then lack the motivation to review again. Ho hum. Anyway, I loved the story, you've clearly got a lot of talent XD
ImLostForever chapter 3 . 11/10/2010
wow. ive never read something this good, vivid, good, dark or good! :) thank you!
Aquanova chapter 3 . 6/17/2010
Third chappie - the missing scenes- were sort of...um. Arbitrary? but besides that, this was BRILLIANT. Especially the sort of thing I've been looking for; I'm a sucker for self-sacrificing!House. perfect mix of angst and humour towards the end; and you have the character portrayal down pat, at least as much as is possible considering what circumstances you threw them in.

Oh yeah: love this love this love this.
scryoko chapter 3 . 5/30/2010
Oh, this just about broke my heart. I loved it; I absolutely loved it. I don't usually like reading stories that are written with many many short scenes (because they usually leave me feeling as if the story was choppy), but this... this was so expertly done. You manage to say so much from so little words in the short scenes while at times leaving things in the air and letting the reader work things out for themselves - brilliant. I loved every second of this.

Your House just tugs at my heartstrings and I love him. I also adore your Wilson and of the original characters as well - which says a lot, I think, as I'm not normally a fan of OC's. Clarence (in the scene where he confronts the guy in the elevator) was just 3. And the cook, loved her as well. I loved the analogy you used for House at the end: a "Golem." Very nice description, I think. Hm, you know, I love the DVD extras/missing scenes/alternate ending as much as I loved the story itself. I'm not sure which ending I prefer actually - I love them both that much. I was wondering, can I host this wonderful fic on my site (with credits and all to you of course) at: .am/
Star-Struck Inu chapter 3 . 4/27/2010
Just speaking for myself on this, but I think the story is wonderful. Yes, you have mistakes here and there, but it IS a masterpiece all in of itself. Many best-selling authors even purposely break the rules of the English language (apparently just because they CAN) and it doesn't take away from the story at all. I also find it strange, that the first 10 pages of reviews, love the story (a few who don't, but that's life); but the last page have a few "anons" who hate it. Well, I call sockpuppet on that matter. As it stands, you have many people who support you, and your story is very good. I hope that the few who don't share that opinon, don't put you off from writing more!
Potterworm chapter 2 . 2/26/2010
I've just reread this story, so I figured I'd review it again. It is still a very unique, dark, twisted story, but I realized reading it this time that your lack of technical skills actually detracts from the story. This story is just filled with grammatical problems. If you proofread this or got a beta for it, I feel certain that the fic would actually reach its full potential - because it truly is an incredibly interesting story. I'm sure there is no end to the number of people who would be willing to just do a technical proofread of this - heck, even I'd be willing.
LinZE chapter 2 . 2/4/2010
Strangely fantastic.

I love your Wilson and Clarence too.

Thank you for sharing!

xLx
Murgy31 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
This is awesome!
Confused chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
I can't read this. It's so badly executed that it's distracting. Is this the reaction you want from readers? (I doubt it, because your attempt at dark and 'edgy' subject matter is intended to evoke shock from your audience, so I assume you want them to actually be able to read it.) Gimmicky prose isn't art, it doesn't make you avant garde. It makes you sound illiterate. Stop it.