Reviews for The Strength Within
Sorry if I'm nitpicking but even with a spell, how can he read? He's blind. Can't see anything. And how can he tell which ingredient is which?
lilyjen09 chapter 4 . 10/27/2015
Is the Potter house so huge that Harry needs to use his cane at home too? Once a blind person knows a place really well-like home- we don't use the cane. At school/ (when there are lots of people) and in other public places, sure, but not at home. :) I do like this story. :)
lilyjen09 chapter 3 . 10/27/2015
Why is tobius buckling Sirius' harness? Harry can do it himself... he's blind not paralized (in this fic.) It also takes longer than a day to learn how to work with a guide dog-up to a year to be really comfortable doingit- but I'm going to assume that it is different with an animagus.
esthero-lil'-wikked chapter 5 . 8/31/2013
Love the lotr reference at the end there :D
DukeBrymin chapter 5 . 2/7/2013
At least Neville isn't as stubborn as Harry.
DukeBrymin chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
I assume Tonks helped Harry pick up all his stuff from when he spilled it, right?
WriterJace chapter 5 . 11/10/2012
Nice story!
It could have been longer but it's still very good!
sec chapter 3 . 8/30/2011
Really? Sirius as a seeing eye dog? Why would he go around as a dog when he could just walk around in his human form? It's not like he's in hiding like he was in the books. He would probably have a job or a family or even a life that wouldn't allow him to help Harry. Sorry just my view on it!
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Excellent portrayal of sudden onset blindness; you got the reactions and emotions of the situation down pat. Your explanation bout the cruciatus curse doing irrepable damage to the optic nerves is very feasible. in RL when the optic nerve is damaged there's nothing that can be done in the way of corrective measures. I came across your work while searching for fics involving a sick Harry, specificly ones where he had cancer, and man am I glad I did. I couldn't help but notice however, that many of your fics feature the main character either being disabled or having some form of cancer and I highly suspect you have knowledge of what you write bout...but that's neither here nor their. So in the end Harry still manages to get his hands on the half-blood-prince's book eh.

It was neat how you had Harry go about determining which potion lay before him. Being blind myself I must say that in my opinion that the way Harry went about determining that it was the poly juice potion entirely upon texture and smell is a very realistic example of how we go about cooking. Thanks for sharing.
Miss Millie chapter 5 . 11/6/2010
Hello,

Your storie was different than any I've read keep up the good work. Can't wait to read more of your stories.

Good luck in all you do.
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 5 . 3/4/2010
Great story. Is there a second?
Bloodgalore chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
That's a nice funny ending. You doing a sequel?
David Fishwick chapter 5 . 11/28/2008
Cool idea and I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for writing.
harryedwardgirl93 chapter 5 . 8/23/2008
This was really good. I didn't read the summary all the way so the whole blind Harry was a surpries to me at first but it was really good)
fangirl-padawan chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
I like the premise of this. Neville is the chosen one. However, even though it's AU it drives me nuts that Harry has an older brother. And why does everyone make Harry blind? Anyhow, I'm going to keep reading and see how you handle things.