Reviews for The Wayside Sacrament
fanfanatic09 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
such a sad and beautiful story
SilkenRoseDreams chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Interesting... I like the idea! Percentages of survival huh? I could definately see how that could make sense!
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Awesome. Thanks.
Nelras chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
*wails* She was s-s-so clever and brave and young at the end!

*collects self*

You made the tragedy come up close again. Very well done.
Stella Nightingale chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I loved this! it was really upsetting to think she just wanted to get to Peters house, :[ I love it!
Simon Kay chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Absolutely, without a single doubt in my mind, the most beautiful Harry Potter story (perhaps the most beautiful story period) I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Thank you very much for writing it. It's extremely touching and I enjoyed it immensely. Just breathtakingly wonderful. The writing is beautiful, the style and tone are beautiful, the characterizations and ideas are beautiful. Not a single negative word to say about it. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Mrs. James Harold Potter chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Very interesting insight on Lily's perspective. I liked-well I didn't like the fact that they died, but I thought it was interesting that Lily, even before James had died, was figuring out with math how much different it would have been.

In some ways, not as emotional as I would have expected that night to be. I always imagined Lily's life flashing before her eyes, all the happy points. Then again, my opinion.

Lovely Job,

Mrs. James Harold Potter
Padfootatheart chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Wow...first of all, the little quirk about knowing the percentages was very special to this fic. Things like that is what makes work stand out.

Also, the thought process of Lily was insanely perfect...even down to the "it'll slow the bastard down at least"

very amazing.

This was a thoroughly wonderful oneshot...and that bit at the end, where Lily...that was heartbreaking, almost cruel of you.

In the best way of course ;P

'Twas 'mazing,

Paddy
something-like-love chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Wow, that was really fantastic! I love the percentages, and Lily's last words to Harry were heartbreaking. But the fact that Lily was hoping that ancient magic stuff would set in took the cake, Just - wow again, for lack of a better word.
truthsetfree chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
O! This is very good. Finally, a thorough account of what JK only gives us glimpses of. And Lily's last words to Harry were very touching. This is a fic that makes sense. You seem to be very much in tune with Lily. Well done!
Jaye Black chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
This is so great. It's how I always imagined this scene, pre-DeathlyHallows.

I love how it didn't even occur to Lily that they couldn't go to Peter's house until near the end. And how she seemed to know that if she hacked Voldemort off enough, he would kill her first...ah.

Brilliant job. :)

jaye
The Reviews Lounge chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I love the way Lily wanted to die (well not really, I wish she didn't) and your look inside her head.

Great work, very thought provoking and a great demonstration of motherly love

Cuba
kaleidoscope heart chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Oh lovely. I've read quite a few stories about the night of Lily and James's death but this one really got to me. I love that she smiled, knowing she was protecting her son.

Great job!
blondishbrownish chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
powerful, very powerful and moving
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
Brilliantly calculated on Lily's part...