Reviews for Spirit
Shady chapter 5 . 8/20/2007
I love this chapter! It's always nice when someone offers a way out of death. I love the way you used the idion "like the back of your hand" to bring in everything, and made the echo at the end. I didn't expect you to go from that phrase to the friendship symbol Tea drew. Very nice. This part was especially funny: "To most guys, a girl will smell like the perfume she’s wearing – strawberries, lavender, etc. To Yugi, she always smelled like a freshly opened marker pen."

Now things made sense- how things were at a standstill in the Afterlife world. You have a great imagination, and even though the river notion is not entirely new, the reader only realises now how important it is and remembered all the foreshadowing with the noise of it and all.

I also love the Duel-Monster-card way of meditation. It's so YGO. Putting the cards face-down. LOL.

It's a little sad to know that Yugi's friends wouldn't see them, but hey, I'll read on now.
Shady chapter 4 . 8/20/2007
OMG, Yugi with no hair. It's funny and creepy at the same time. And sad. Even though Yugi is all dead, he's still in that other-world place. Very sweet interaction between Yami no Yugi and Yugi. This kind of thing would be hard to right because it has such a strong hint of yaoi. But you pulled it off and it's all very nice. I guess it's not entirely surprising to know that Yugi had died judging from what we read already, but still it's a little sad. *reads on*
Shady chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
A little surprising how Joey was so mean before, and how his father plays such a big part in his mentality. But it's reasonable. A little sad though. Yugi is really sweet. Ouch, why did Bakura interupt right then? I want to know what Jou wanted to say. Risking his life for cards- just typical YGO-char behaviour. I'm wondering what Pegasus will say. ("God, people, I could just print another one for you if you ASKED"...?)

I am a little surprised that Yami no Yugi did not take over while Yugi ran back into the classroom. It seems like he wasn't even paying attention to the danger Yugi is in. I think he would have taken control under the circumstance. But then, he couldn't in the story because that'll mess up the plot. That's the only thing that isn't convincing. Otherwise, very good. Everything portrayed very well.
Shady chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Gripping prologue. Very mystifying. Love the way you describe this other-worldly place. Especially this- "the sun had refused to set or even shift its stalwart position in the sky. Time, it seemed, was at a standstill – as was everything else in this godforsaken place. The boughs of the trees were stiff, refusing to swing in the breeze; the clouds hung perpetually in the sky as if they were part of some painted backdrop; even the grass seemed unnaturally rigid. There was no wildlife to speak of, either; the lack of birdsong was proof enough of that."

Very nice description. Oh, and what a relief when Yami no Yugi appeared. Though I found it a little weird Yugi calls him "spirit". I mean, in the Jap version Yugi called him "aibou" and "mou hitori no boku", and in the dub he calls him "Yami", but not spirit, as far as I know. But I haven't watched all the dub episodes.
EagleFox chapter 7 . 8/15/2007
Aww that last part was sweet _

Hmm... not much to say. Uhh... I guess everyone else has already said anything that could be said?

I really like this story but I just lost my ability to stand parts where there are dead bodies. I blame my teacher! Oh well...

Yeah keep up the good work _~
Dr. Watson chapter 7 . 8/11/2007
This is by far the best Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic I've ever read, natch. I hope your heart is still in this and you finish it eventually.

P.S. The part about Tristan's hair defying gravity had me in stiches :D.
Yugisrose chapter 7 . 7/19/2007
Aw, such a good story! There has to be more though, right? RIGHT? Please write more Little Kuriboh(I know you're busy with the abridged series [which I love very much] but try and find some time to finish it!) I'll remind you on your website! (I hope I'm not nagging too much...I mean, you DO have a life...

Anyway, I love your work so keep it up man!

(Yugi's my favorite character too!)

Yugisrose
Yugisrose chapter 6 . 7/19/2007
Aw, that's so sad! It seriously made me cry at the end of the chapter! Good job! You are very good at storytelling!
Yugisrose chapter 5 . 7/19/2007
So cool!
Yugisrose chapter 2 . 7/19/2007
You're such a good writer! You should definatley write more than two stories!
CuteYami chapter 7 . 7/19/2007
Wow, after all the things I've seen from you on YouTube, this wasn't what I expected. But its fantastic, you've really got a way with words. I can't wait to see what Yugi and Yami have in store for them ahead of entering the world of the living. Please update soon, it's great!
Yugisrose chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
This is really good! You write it very well!

Very interesting!
number157493 chapter 7 . 7/10/2007
So sad and emotional! I must say, the reason I found this was because I started watching Yugioh the abridged series, so this wasn't what I was expecting to read at all.

Looks like you're multitalented, though, because this fic really, really impressed me.

(I loved the whole part about the girl in the bikini.)

Anyway, I hope you find it in you to continue this story; it would be so sad to see it end!
Funkid125 chapter 7 . 7/7/2007
wow! This is one of your finest works yet! Just as good as TAS, no, BETTER than TAS. I would give this a 10/10! Normally i dont read fan fic's, but reading the first cople paragraphs of this, man its so good! You cant stop reading it.

Last time you updated this was a year ago today. Please, i beg of you, continue the stoy! your probily busy with the new TAS website, and creating the next episode. But take some time to update this fan fic! even if its like bimonthly, please update it! I love TAS just as much as the next guy, but this fic is INCREDIBLE. Thank you LK! Thank you.

~ Funkid