Reviews for Jigsaw
Kiratt chapter 6 . 12/28/2012
That was a great read. I loved the way the story felt both slice-of-life and not at the same time, and your take on the boys' high school years. I loved the portrayal of Dean and found myself liking even the ocs (despite my tendency not to). I also loved the ending. Thanks for sharing your writing! Ill be excites to check out if you've got anymore on your account! Thanks again!
mngrue chapter 6 . 12/21/2012
Great work. I especially like the way you made Sam a lot harder and more competent than most fic writers do. Much though he's more sensitive in the show (especially the first couple seasons), I never imagined him as a soft kid once he started hunting in earnest. Do you have any other "weechester" fics with Sam similarly portrayed?
Chades chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
Okay, awesome! The epilogue rocks and made me make some happy noise that sounded too much like a little kid on Christmas Eve for my liking.
The way you captured that characters is brilliant, I could imagine the boys reacting like that.
Your story was really entertaining, thanks for writing it! :)

Best wishes
Kat

P.S. Since Christmas is coming up: Happy Holidays! (?)
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 5 . 5/15/2012
"Or maybe he was just John Wayne reincarnated…" You know it's true. ;)
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
It's a '67 Impala, not a '65. but otherwise nice chapter.
ash chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
and there was a supernatural epasode where it went back into there lifes in highschool and sammy*sorry sam* wasnt chubby he was skinny and all that
LavenderStorm chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
This was great! Dean was really cool in this story - I loved your characterization. Thanks for sharing.
klutz911 chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
This is so well written, by far my favourite teenchester fic. I love the way everyone is so in charector, this is excactly how I would have pictured them in highschool. Recognizing Dean's Unique intelligence was something that I really loved about this story. Awesome!
saberivojo chapter 6 . 12/9/2009
What a great look at the boys in high school. I loved it all. One of the things I like best is how Sam is not a victim here. He is capable and independent. Sometimes writers portray him as the little brother who needs to be protected all the time. I like too that your Dean doesn't expect any less of him. He knows Sam can take care of himself. My own personal happy place is when the boys are just being kids and there isn't a supernatural thing is sight so you scratched that itch for me beautifully. Thank you.
Binx23 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Brilliant story. I always find outsider POV's interesting and this one was especially nice since it was set in the brothers' high school years. I totally agree with your views on Dean's intelligence because let's face it, underneath all the snark and playing dumb act of his, Dean has a mind that could rival, if not exceed, his brother's.

Sammy was adorable. I totally love seeing him as a kick-ass pudgy little freshie and not the broody angst-ridden teen a lot of writers are portraying him as. John is a pretty cool character too and it's nice to read a Teen!Chester fic where he isn't depicted as some bloodthirsty ogre who treats Dean like a servant. Instead, you simply said that he was a force to be reckoned with, which I think is the perfect description for John and both his sons.

Finally, your ending was beautifully rendered. Penelope's thoughts were practically foreshadowing because the boys really were meant to save the world, aren't they? It'd be awesome to read a sequel that's set in the 4th or 5th season and ol' Ms. M meeting the Winchesters again coz then she'd know she was spot on with her predictions all along. (What a nice thought; it'll probably keep me entertained for a few hours, hehehe...)

All in all, it was good story with the potential to have a great sequel...
sp chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
What a wonderful story. Even with the difference in age and setting you keep Dean and Sam's voice clear. I also love your outsiders point of view.
bhoney chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Love Dean's reaction to being asked to move to the head of the class: “Can’t resist me, huh?” LOL Classic Dean!
bhoney chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Great insight into Dean's character: "Sam smiled at his brother, nothing ever went fast enough for him. He’d be the type to fall asleep skydiving or on a roller coaster." LOL Too true!

(BTW-I like Mustangs better too, though I may be biased because I have one. ;) )
bhoney chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
This made me smile: "Dean would’ve let Sam go anywhere with him, except it was his right and duty as older brother to give him a hard time about it." *snort* Sounds right.

LOVED this description: "Dean Winchester threw a football like marines threw grenades: with the intent to kill." LOL That's what you get for messing with Dean's family!
bhoney chapter 6 . 2/16/2009
I really liked the interaction between John and Penelope. I am curious as to what book she gave Dean.

This made me smile. Her vision of John wasn't far off, LOL: "But for those two boys to turn out the way they did, their father must be a force to be reckoned with. Her imagination that helped her see all the characters in the books she taught in class was now conjuring an eight foot tall behemoth who only spoke in grunts and growls with a voice like Darth Vader and an even shorter temper."

Loved John's snark. We can see where Dean gets it from: “Like death warmed over? Craptastic?” John supplied. “Yeah, getting shot has a tendency to mess with your natural good looks.” LOL

Very astute observation on John's part: "Dean doesn’t get the attention he deserves, except maybe from Sammy.” LOVED that you had Penelope recognize Dean's own brand of intelligence.

Another great insight from John: “I can guarantee it wouldn’t be the same. Dean’s been taking care of his brother since Sammy was six months old. Most brothers don’t spend half as much time with one another as those two. Frick and Frack.”

And I LOVED this bit of foreshadowing: "They were meant for much, much more. And given Dean’s bravery at the school, she could just imagine them as heroes, saving the world. The elevator door chimed, and she fought the urge to look back. She knew she wouldn’t see them again. But then, heroes were always supposed to disappear into the sunset." Great ending!

I don't normally enjoy outsider POVs, but I did find myself liking Penelope, and her insights into the boys. I liked the epilogue too, knowing that Dean contacted her again and that it meant enough to her to keep in a place of honor.
189 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »