Reviews for Jigsaw
bhoney chapter 6 . 2/16/2009
I really liked the interaction between John and Penelope. I am curious as to what book she gave Dean.

This made me smile. Her vision of John wasn't far off, LOL: "But for those two boys to turn out the way they did, their father must be a force to be reckoned with. Her imagination that helped her see all the characters in the books she taught in class was now conjuring an eight foot tall behemoth who only spoke in grunts and growls with a voice like Darth Vader and an even shorter temper."

Loved John's snark. We can see where Dean gets it from: “Like death warmed over? Craptastic?” John supplied. “Yeah, getting shot has a tendency to mess with your natural good looks.” LOL

Very astute observation on John's part: "Dean doesn’t get the attention he deserves, except maybe from Sammy.” LOVED that you had Penelope recognize Dean's own brand of intelligence.

Another great insight from John: “I can guarantee it wouldn’t be the same. Dean’s been taking care of his brother since Sammy was six months old. Most brothers don’t spend half as much time with one another as those two. Frick and Frack.”

And I LOVED this bit of foreshadowing: "They were meant for much, much more. And given Dean’s bravery at the school, she could just imagine them as heroes, saving the world. The elevator door chimed, and she fought the urge to look back. She knew she wouldn’t see them again. But then, heroes were always supposed to disappear into the sunset." Great ending!

I don't normally enjoy outsider POVs, but I did find myself liking Penelope, and her insights into the boys. I liked the epilogue too, knowing that Dean contacted her again and that it meant enough to her to keep in a place of honor.
bhoney chapter 5 . 2/15/2009
This made me laugh: “Not everyone has your criminal genius, bro. I’d hope he didn’t know what he was doing because otherwise it means he’s done it before.” Sam paused for a moment. “Don’t you even think about giving him pointers, Dean. Dad’ll kill you.” LOL

Nice phrasing: "Penelope Marquette’s faith in the human soul would be her downfall, and from what they were seeing, it would be relatively soon."

Great image, of Dean using his body to block Sam from sight, and then this: "Sam’s hands were still clenching the back of his leather coat, whether because he was scared or because he didn’t want his brother doing something stupid was a toss up."

Despite the seriousness of the situation, this made me giggle: "Gritting his teeth, Dean closed his eyes briefly. 'Brian, keep an eye on Sammy, ‘cause if I get myself killed, I’d like to be able to follow that white light.' 'What the hell are you talking about?' said Brian. 'Sammy, stay here. Someone will need to give me a decent eulogy, and we know it won’t be Dad.'" *snort* Sounds just like Dean.
bhoney chapter 4 . 2/15/2009
I didn't see this coming, and I'm really intrigued by it. I have often wished to see the boys in a hostage situation (where they're only facing humans, that is). Would I have heard of the event near you that you loosely based this on?

I really liked this: "Sam may be an experienced hunter who had seen the kind of evil that usually sent grown men crying, but he was still a kid, barely a teenager. And when all the evils of the supernatural world tried to get him, they always met the same incredible force: his brother." I love a protective Dean.
Anya Magera chapter 6 . 12/29/2008
Love the take on their past. Well written and flows beautifully. Keep up the good work
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Sam would never have been over weight or bad in gym class. John wouldn't have allowed it.

besides that, decent story.
Dahlia Hertz chapter 6 . 12/2/2008
i loved this!
Stained Wolf chapter 6 . 10/15/2008
I really like that story. You know I was thinking it would be a pretty cool idea if you did a sequel to this. Like I dunno. Have it where Dean and Sam are on a hunt that takes them back to the school or whatever and Marquette is still working there. After season 4 maybe. I dunno but I thought it would be kind of cool. But anyway great job on the story.
Riley Carbine chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
excellent ending I wish that there was other great stories about the winchesters in highschool that were half as good as this one. I'm glad Dean's all right and you mostly just skipped a bunch of tedious, mind-numbingly boring stuff by going ahead two weeks. Thank you for finishing, and for all the people that complained about how long it took to update...well they need to learn the much cliched line of "good things come to those who wait"
irismay42 chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
Yay you finished - congratulations! That was a really nice ending too! Well done on not giving up on this - it would have been a shame not to see a resolution!
LadyKryptonite294 chapter 6 . 9/28/2008
AW that was briliant! A very delieghtful read if reading people in a hostage situation can said as delieghtful lol

That was a really nice ending, very fulfilling, love the end how Dean sent her a postcard and how she could forsee they were destined to be heroes teehee

My favourite line at the end had to be: But then, heroes were always supposed to disappear into the sunset.

Thanks for writing this _

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 5 . 9/28/2008
OMG you are an amazing writer, you pulled me into this scene so much! I physically jolted when i read that Dean got shotlol very realistic i feel so bad for him, he was the hero of teh day after all

What's gunna happen next?

Cee x
LadyKryptonite294 chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
No i definately didn't see that coming lol a very good surprise tho, makes for an interesting read :P

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 3 . 9/28/2008
LOL one step ahead of me, you had already sussed wh the car really came from hehe. Luv Dean's reaction to Brad, i hope he dont get himself hurt in the process tho.

LadyKryptonite294 chapter 2 . 9/28/2008
That was cool how Sam stood up for himself, for a podgy 12 year old he can defend himself pretty good lol

I don't know if you knew this but Dean didn't steal the Impala, his Dad gave it to him. Just a thought i wanted to share lol

Can't wait to read on