Reviews for Eight Days, Eight Months
joss59 chapter 7 . 4/30/2006
So i guess there's only one more chapter left, huh? Oh well, all good things must come to an end...

Loved the House POV - You really have him nailed!

Can't wait for the big finale - i know it will be great!
CoyoteWolf chapter 7 . 4/30/2006
O_O Aw...I hate misery. It makes me miserable.

Update?
Alipeeps chapter 7 . 4/30/2006
I love this story so much. Your characterisation is always excellent and you have such a great grasp on these characters and how they think.
Hawk stout too lazy to log in chapter 6 . 4/14/2006
I love this story and how in this chapter you did everyone's pov. I love how you show wilson and julie's good relastionship with House and Stacy's crumbling one (I'm not sure if this is intentional on your part or not, but either way it's good) you're getting the characters just right, good work keep writing.
joss59 chapter 6 . 4/11/2006
Wow. Just when i thought i couldn't possibly like this story anymore than i already did...

LOVED the 4 person POV thing, i think this may have just been the best chapter yet! Excellent work!

I've never liked Stacy(and i still don't) but the way you've portrayed her, in this chapter especially, i couldn't help but feel almost sorry for her. Let me tell you, that alone is pretty significant.

Bring on more soon please :)
Jadesfire chapter 6 . 4/10/2006
The quality of your writing is so consistently impressive I'm getting seriously jealous here! I like the fact that you don't make House too nice - it's more true to the character - and Julie makes a great observer of the situation. As you read, you can sense the relationship falling apart and that it's only going to get worse, but you want to read on to see what happens. I'm really enjoying your stories and am REALLY looking forward to the next update.
DIY Sheep chapter 5 . 4/9/2006
“Leave,” Stacy said.

“Hate to get into the habit of repeating myself, Stacy, but, no power, no elevator. I’m not going anyplace.”

“You don’t have any choice.”

“Sure I do,” Greg said. “This is me. Making a choice.”

Stacy sat down next to him on the couch. The remains of the newspaper recycling bag were burning down to embers in the fireplace.

“I talked to him about that,” she said softly. “He offered to have a couple of his guys come up and ...”

“No.” Greg pushed himself up and stomped back into the bedroom. “Not going to happen.”

“Greg, be reasonable,” Stacy said. “You can’t stay here.”

“And I’m not being hauled down like a piece of luggage,” he said.

One good mental image is all it takes. And the luggage line was cutting.

I was a bit wary of this fic simply because it has the word Stacy in the description, but this is an excellent and realistic backstory of 'the leg'.

I thought how it was interesting that you made House try to a certain point, but then give up - all because Stacy and House were coming from different angles, ie the difficulty of looking after a cripple and the anger of being a cripple. It is realistic because like real life it is complicated - it is not just 'I hate you because you screwed up my leg'.

And the portrayal of Wilson is wonderful. But then how can you go wrong with the boy wonder oncologist.

Many thanks
Caerulea chapter 6 . 4/8/2006
One of the best chapters yet (and that is saying something, as they are all terrific). You have a way of telling a story that makes it seem so plausible and realistic. I can see the events unfolding in canon exactly as you write them. I hate the way Stacy treats House in canon, but your story makes me have a bit of sympathy for her. I also love your portrayal of Wilson as the faithful, dependable friend.
merit badge chapter 6 . 4/8/2006
I am loving this story; thank you very much for sharing it!
Stephantom chapter 6 . 4/8/2006
Every time I get an update alert in my mailbox about this story, I do a little happy dance in my head. Just thought I'd let you know.

This chapter was fantastic. The shit seems to be finally hitting the fan, huh? I felt for all of the characters (well, not so much for Julie, simply because she's not experiencing anything near what the others are). That scene with House on the stairs was painful, as was the description of how he acted around Stacy after that, and that last line. Ouch. This story hurts so good. Heh. I also liked House's father in his head. And the foreshadowing of the Vicodin addiction here and there. Very good job, and as always, can't wait to see what the next month brings them.
Stephantom chapter 5 . 3/27/2006
I don't know where to review this - here or on lj or on the HouseFans message board. Heh. Well, anyway. I really liked this chapter. It was interesting to get an outsider's perspective on them. I liked Julie's surprise at House being the one who plays piano, one of his many idiosyncracies one might not expect at first. The photographs and the discussion about the wine gave great glimpses of the past he and Stacy have shared. Once again, I can't wait until the next chapter - we already know where it's going, of course, but I'm eager to see exactly how it unfolds and how you'll tell it.
Knight Wild chapter 5 . 3/25/2006
I can't express how much I enjoy your stories. You have an uncanny talent for capturing all of the characters so wonderfully, it's a pure addiction every time I read them. I'll be anxiously waiting for another chapter.
Nonymous chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Always a major fan of your fic and this is still miles ahead of most of the fanficdom, but I'm finding it a bit less convincing than your other work. I can see Stacy avoiding conversations she doesn't want to have, but all the time? I'm not sure.
joss59 chapter 5 . 3/24/2006
Oh oh, things aren't looking so hot for House and Stacy...Wilson and Julie on the otherhand, very cute! It's nice to read about Wilson and Julie when they were happy and in love - there aren't too many fics about this, so this is a nice change!

I like how you've portrayed Julie in this chapter, it seems that she is mostly portrayed as a bitch so again, nice change!

Can't wait for the next part, keep it coming :)
bmax chapter 4 . 3/14/2006
I was glad to see an update.

The way you put in Wilson's thoughts about the shore house and the 14 steps. Stacy doesn't seem too concerned about that, does she.

Chili! Men can make some mean chili. :-)
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »