Reviews for An Understanding
kasey123 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
love it
JediMagnet09 chapter 6 . 6/21/2010
Fantastic story! Love it! I love John finally opening his eyes to how close his boys are, no matter how much he pushed Sam away or expected them to fall apart or anything. Great!
samira parsa chapter 6 . 5/30/2010
aw! i loved this story. short and sweet. the brotherly affection was amazing :)

for a second i actually thought you killed dean! that almost made me stop reading but luckily i didn't
xlookz-can-be-deceivingx chapter 6 . 3/18/2010
Beautifully written!

i absolutely loved it 150% seriously...

ur amazing!

i love how you captured there wonderful relationship!

i love sam and dean

thank you for sharing this awesome story with us xo
LvSammy chapter 6 . 7/24/2009
This was awesome...I love stories where Sam helps Dean I love how close the brothers are and I love how you wrote them. This was great THANKS! THanks for a really great read.
Jazmingirl chapter 6 . 6/6/2009
so sweet and nice I think I never saw and episode like that on the show
mouse8 chapter 6 . 9/6/2007
This was a wonderful story, containing all the elements I love about Supernatural - a great improvement on the original ep!
heather03nmg chapter 6 . 5/8/2007
So I just found this story and I loved it.

What a creative interpretation of the Benders episode.

I loved that it was written from John's POV so we could see first hand how much he's missed by not being with his boys.

My favorite scene is when Dean tells John he's not allowed to call his brother Sammy anymore and I think he's right to say that, he hasn't earned the use of a loving nickname.

Just a wonderful and brilliantly written story. You managed to blend the original episode and your own creativity perfectly.

I just love a hurt Dean fic and this was just perfect...if you write another though trust me when I tell you Dean would not been ok to leave after one day in the hospital, plus extended hospital stays lead to more chick flick moments!

I'm sorry to see that you haven't written for a while and hope you haven't stopped, you have true talent and I'd love to read more...I'll add you to alert just in case!
bubblesquirt chapter 6 . 12/31/2006
This chapter was a little chick flicky, but it's nice to see the boys not put up walls. Especially Dean. Great story. Thanks for changing my perspective on first hand writing! That is, until I stumble upon a story that absolutely butchers it. Then I'll just have to find my way back here! Thanks for the entertainment!
bubblesquirt chapter 5 . 12/31/2006
“Hey Dean, I’m right here, ok?” Sam said, his voice shaking so hard I could barely make out his words. “I’m right here, so you need to hold on. I need you to hold on.”

-Very natural. I love when I find writers like you!
bubblesquirt chapter 3 . 12/31/2006
I really like your writing style. It's starting to warm me up to the whole first person thing. Your chapter lengths are just right, although I would never complain about a chapter being too long. I'm so glad this story is completed!
bubblesquirt chapter 2 . 12/31/2006
“Dean,” I answered, shocked at this outburst coming from my eldest son, “I know I haven’t always been there for you and Sammy-“

“You don’t get to call him that!” Dean’s voice rose even higher, and the car swerved a little, matching his anger. “Only I get to call him that. You don’t.”

- WOW. My jaw almost dropped on this one. Telling someone to fuck off is one thing, but telling your father that they don't have the right to call his own youngest son by his nickname anymore is so much worse. But Dean pulled it off. Because it's true. You have to earn that right, and we all know John wasn't the best father in the world right around then.
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
Very interesting way to redo an episode. Looking forward to how it all plays out. I usually don't like stories written in first person, but this doesn't seem too unbearable.
ILoveMyFish chapter 6 . 8/22/2006
I see that it's been a while since you wrote this story, but I just read it, and it's sO good! You really write the boys well. Plus, I am a big fan of Dean angst _. I loved your other stories that I read as well. Keep up the awesome work!
Sam666 chapter 6 . 7/26/2006
I loved this story, I love how you captured the brothers relationship and seeing it from John's eyes was just amazing. Thank you for sharing.