Reviews for Lifelines
The Mad Maiden chapter 3 . 3/20/2009
This was an amazing story to read. It was an interesting take on the diologe in the game. :)
Light as Air chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
This is both touching and depressing.
twinklet26 chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Whoa...Before I read this fic a while back, I'd never really thought about a BaoxExile pairing before, but this really convinced me. You showed an amazing depth here and got everyone's favorite tech just right. :]

I also liked the brief segment of a battle on Dxun during the Mandalorian Wars...It's honestly one of the best descriptions I've ever read; I felt like I was really there. Great imagery!

Overall, a great piece. ;) Keep it up, Trillian!

...twinklet26.
Justagirlcalledbob chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
:D
Niobe Asha chapter 3 . 2/3/2007
*APPLAUDS* I loved this, and not just because there isn't enough Bao-Dur/Exile out there. :)
Jackie Almasy chapter 2 . 12/11/2006
Very nice story! I am a fan of the Bao-Dur/Exile pairing and I throughly applaud and embrace this story. You kept them in character, the action was intense, and sex was steamy. All the ingredients needed to make a good KOTOR story. Keep up the awesome writings!
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 3 . 12/10/2006
All right, here I am, after reading through this without a pause. It certainly has what it takes to get the reader entangled. Hell, it doesn't even let us back out too soon once it's done.

I'm curious as to why you chose to use present tense in the last bits, since they weren't dreams. Was it a conscious technique or you just did it because it felt right? I can only tell you what the effects were: it took away some of the feeling that everything was still centered around the past and conveyed the idea that they were moving on. And exquisitely so, I might add.

You've had some issues with defining the Exile's rank well and actually placing her where I imagined she would be. But you've taken good snapshots of the war's atmosphere; they were visual, intense, rather frantic and fast-paced, in such a way that I was able to relate. You know, see through the character's eyes. I think they were as realistic as one could ask.

Also, this is just about the first romance on this site that feels natural to me. Being the perfectionist that I am, I always end up thinking things have been taken in too quickly and that those characters really didn't have the time to fall in love. Like each other - sure. Love? No. But yours was definitely love and actually felt like it had enough of a background to rely on. To take this rant one step further even, most writers tend to forget about either of the two planes - lust and spirit. You gave both their right proportions.

The scene where Bao-Dur loses his hand was absolutely fantastic; the reader can still relate to him even if it's the Exile passing judgment on it all. Besides, how you chose to insert the generator's activation right there, turning it into a desperate and incorrect solution, which only caused more pain instead of soothing, makes it even better. It was less an act of war than it was the last hope of two hurt lovers hoping revenge would bring them peace. Really touching.

And finally, to comment on the sex scene as well, since it's quite an important moment for both characters... You've managed to capture the "I've refrained for too long, I can't do it any more" perfectly. And that includes the amount of passion, something that was by then supposed to have built up into one huge lump, with all the times it was held back.

To conclude: between interior strife, dilemmas, war-generated problems and other small torments, I'd say the actual love story really found roots. I hadn't expected it to be so credible.
Allronix chapter 3 . 11/10/2006
Confession - In the case of a LSF Exile, I'd definitely make a case for the tech. Atton's a gorram mess ("I killed her because I loved her" - WTF?) and Mical has her on too high a pedestal. Bao is steady, mostly stable (he and Exile both have PTSD issues, but they're about equal there), and very strong.

An intense, sad and red-hot ride. The Dxun flashback was particularly gut wrenching, as was the Mass Shadow Generator and the "souviner from Malachor" flachback.

I don't think I'll look at the scene with Atton asking Bao-Dur if "he had a chance" without wondering if Bao-Dur wants to kick the guy's ass for asking.
Silverwings16 chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
I've only read the first chapter, but this is an excellent story. I love Exile/Bao-dur fics. It's a refreshing change even though I still like Atton. Again, great job!
Minion Of Sekhmet chapter 3 . 3/14/2006
Wow...This is a very powerful fic, and I love it!

Bao-Dur has always been one of my two fave characters in KOTOR2, and is really my only choice for a romantic partner for the Exile.

I love how you put in a lot of details, and it is really well writen.

Thankyou so much for writing this! :)
PadawanMage chapter 3 . 3/6/2006
Okay, I definitely had to wince at how Bao-Dur got so wounded, especially the arm details. *shudder!*

Lysia gave the remote to Bao-Dur? Damn, talk about passing the buck!

Nice ending and I think I understand why she didn't destroy Malacor V a second time. I guess sometimes you just have to let go of all that pain.
PadawanMage chapter 2 . 3/6/2006
Nice love scene with those two - definitely got my hear going!
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Haven't seen too many Exile/Bao-Dur fics, but this one is reading very well!
gekkeiju chapter 3 . 2/26/2006
ok, i avoided reading this because i'm such an Atton fan its pathetic. i eventually succumbed, and i'm so glad i did. it just works so well. Bao just doesn't get the love he deserves-you make him so interesting, complex, and HAWT!

the love scenes-YOWZERS!

"...where the dead don’t stay dead, and where pain is a living, breathing thing."-this line really grabbed me, for some reason.

all in all, superb work!
Cable Fraga chapter 3 . 2/23/2006
Wow, girl... wow.

This is one of my faves... if not my fave. I have visited your forum, but not sure how up to date the request list is.

Thanks again.