Reviews for Dear HalfBlood Prince
riverrat chapter 1 . 3/10
This is very good. Explains everything in a few words.
Very sad though. I feel sorry for Severus being in Askaban while Harry doesn't even try getting him out.
HarryPotterResidentEvilFan chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Ha ha. This was quite funny. I enjoyed it a lot.
Dishonorable chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
"I owe you everything, so quite literally, I’m yours."

...

I'm not sure if this is ment to be slash or not, but it was pretty good.
Lizzy chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I can just imagine Snape's confusion... "Five Valentines? Including two death threats? Has the Golden Boy gone around the bend?"

I really liked the way each letter gave a snap-shot of Harry's feelings for Snape that year.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
So, Snape saves Harry's life and still goes to Azkaban for 50 years. And Harry plans to do nothing about it. (he assumes that Snape is being treated well. Oh, right.)

Remind me not to do The-Selfish-Brat-Who-Lived any favors!
aaiina chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
This story is beautiful in its simplicity, and just broke my heart. It's absolutely lovely. Thank you.
Tyleet27 chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Oh, thats so sweet! You should do a companion fic from Snape's pov.
HRInuyashaFan16 chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
wow. 49 years till they will see eachother. are you goign to keep going on with this story or not
Ziasudra chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
duj:

Thank you for the pointers! I definitely made a slip-up with the Hufflepuff Cup there. It's now fixed :)

As for sending the Valentine to Ginny: wow, you've got a great sense of canon timeline! I hadn't thought about whom Ginny was dating at that point, though it's not implausible that Harry would send a Valentine's Day card to her - inconspicuously, among his other cards to Ron and Hermione, of course - even if they're not "official" at this point.

lol, I generally don't have a good opinion of the Wizengamot, if you can't already tell.

Thanks for taking the time to read & comment!
larney chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
aw, that was SO cute, really *tear*... lol!
ziasudra chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
KateMarie:

Thanks! I wrote this with a letter writing format in mind - I've been reading Paula Danziger and Ann Martin's _P.S. Longer Letter Later_ - and wanted to do something letter-based. Including dialogue would break with the genre I'm aiming for. In the last letter, Harry was reassuring Snape in his own bumbling way that wizards are usually still in good shape at 90, especially for a powerful wizard like Snape. It's definitely a challenge to get this concept across given the restriction of my chosen format. I thought it did, but it's good to know that not everyone agrees.

Anyway, thanks again! I appreciate your feedback very much!
NearlyHeadlessNic chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
An odd, yet very interesting way of fanficiton. I loved it. It was strange and intrieging...very well written. ;}
duj chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Good stuff, though slightly out-of-sync with canon.

Harry wouldn't have sent Ginny a valentine in sixth year; she was his roommate's girlfriend at the time. She didn't break up with dean till April 21, the night of the Apparition tests, and she finally got together with Harry after the next Quidditch match (May 11, according to Harry Potter Lexicon).

Also it's Hufflepuff's Cup, not Ravenclaw's in canon and I find it unlikely that two Founders bequeathed similar artefacts.

BTW, a 50-year sentence, even with Harry's evidence! One shudders to think what they'd have given him without it.
jussie85 chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
I really liked your story I especially like the part where you said SIR I found that to be quite amusing. Keep writting.
KateMarie chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
I really enjoyed your story. At first I thoughtit was going to be humor so it took me a bit to get into the somber tone of it all, but it was still good. I really liked how you developed Snapes innocence throughout the letters. I can't help bu twonder though if some of it could have been better conveyed in dialogue or backstory because (especially in the last letter) the information seemed forced. Your readers still needed to know it, but it seemed odd coming from Harry. I mean- would he really remind Snape how old he was and how much longer he had to stay in prison and all that? It was still really good though- keep up the good work!