Reviews for I'll Be Your Best Friend
MuggleCreator chapter 2 . 11/13/2012
Awwww. Sweet.
The fair-weather friend vs real friend is something most kits have to go through, methinks. And not just in LK.
Alana-kittychan chapter 2 . 1/25/2007
Alana: aw so cute

Evo: meh
Shadow Swift chapter 2 . 11/23/2006
Aw! It's finished, but it was just getting good! Damn you, and your cliff hanging short stories!

Shadow Swift chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
Very good, you kept the characters personality to match them perfectly. Well done, thought im quite unsure as to where this will carry on to, I guess I'll have to read on! Chapter 2, here I come :D

Nate The Ape chapter 2 . 10/26/2006
This was a very charming, not to mention amusing, little fic. I thought it would be longer for some reason, but that just goes to show big things DO come in small packages.

Kijio's plan to use the leaf to drag the old grass out reminds me of a character trying to do the same thing with these crystals from the movie Gallavants. Nice to see how Timon already has a taste for hammocks.

Truly lovely to see Timon interacting with his parents, and I liked Nate's encouraging/prophetic words at the end.

I'm also reading The Search For Timon as well, and utterly love it. Continue writing no matter how much time it takes!
Dibsthe1 chapter 2 . 10/14/2006
That's so cute! You make the kits sound and act just like human children. "Leaf race!"

So Timon figured out what "I'll be your best friend" really means, and it ended on a happy, positive note; his father praises him for being straighforward. Very nice! I liked it a lot.

This story reminded me of something that happened one day when I was very small. A neighborhood kid saw me enjoying some peanuts in the shell, which were something of a novelty at the time. He told me that if I gave him some peanuts he'd come over and play with me every day.

I gave him half of one because I didn't like him enough to play with him every single day.
Ochi chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
More people ought to recognise great stories like this. I was surprised after reading it - despite its similarities to a oneshot - that it only had six reviews.

The situations you've provided us with are amazingly realistic, yet more often than not exclusive to meerkats. That sort of thing really gives a story that animalistic flavour, which is good because stories that harness talking animal characters who've been over-humanised are just too easy to find these days.

Timon was done very nicely. You kept him totally in-character throughout - all his naiveness and childlike intrigue was kept exactly where it should be, which is so refreshing for me.

Excellent work. It seems that all the "elite" authors look to have disappeared from here due to real-life things that need doing. I can only hope that you don't fall to the same fate.

Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
"I'll be your best friend if..." *sighs* How many times have I heard that back in elementary school?

Anyway, this is a nice little story Maran. I LOVE how you 'keep it real' with your characters, always honoring their true meerkat behavior, instincts, and place in the food chain. Makes the story respectful and very Watership Down as well.
thingspast chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Ah, nice to see another one!

I love the way that Timon fits so naturally into the comic role of "innocent idiot", completely unaware that the others are playing him for a sap thanks to his straightforward mind, and resulting in them being more inconvenienced by it!

Part of me hopes for a happy resolution where they all really become friends... but most of me thinks that would spoil the comedy!

Oh, and "Can I call you Timmy?... Only if I can call you Kiji... Timon it is then." Laughed aloud at that!

P.S. Sorry for the delay in reviewing... and in posting new chapters. University work has just stepped up a gear, ready for... oh my... finals...
Bastet greypaws chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Hi I was borred and browsing the internet in the mood for acturally reading TLK fanfics ( not like me at all) but anyhow after reading your story I decided to join :D and fav of corse

It's really good :D I've been in a situation much like Timon o_0

Anyway, Keep it up :)

Pichooi chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Sounds like this is shaping up to be a good story. Poor little Timon I wonder what else they are going to make him do!
Dollhousesareforwhimps chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Nice start! I can't wait to see where this goes. You've got as big a talent for light hearted comedy as you do for drama! The "Timmy" bit had me rolling. _
Ralli-Rah chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Oh, I had a hard time reading this, since I feel so bad for Timon, being taking advantaged of. (And boy, do I relate to this, too...hoi...) Sympathy for Timmy aside, I can't wait to read more, as always.