Reviews for Story of two souls
White Trenchcoat chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Great stuff. I usually prefer my yuri stories a bit more steamy, but there was nothing wrong with this piece of writing. A beautiful work.
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
this was a beautiful little fic. thank you for writing it.
Soma chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Excellent story, I really liked it.

The romance aspect was very well done, and enjoyable. It provided ample endearment and reasoning, without weighing down the narrative as so many botched love stories do. Personally, I prefer the term Alura Une, but I guess that's why I call them that.

I liked how it delved into the politics of the 'With light' members's disrespect for the Dark Lord's servants. It made me really want to grind Celia Fortner's face into the dirt in front of them.

The only immersion breakers were in regard to Soma. Two things seemed odd to me.

First, his character. One must be fierce in order to recieve Cornell's mantle of the Krusnik, also for that mantle imbued with the rights to Dracula's estate to show itself in the Power of Dominance of all forms, Soma must have a fierce and sadistic side without peer. Not to say that rules his character by any means, but it should be present. A lets not fight; but since we will, I'm going to relish ripping you apart, sort of outlook.

Second is the weapon choice. Axes can be satisfying, and I love long swords. But there is a reason why Soma is the most potent unarmed fighter of any castlevania character. Not only has he recieved the mantle of the Krusnik famous for being able to rip through steel and punch a man from across the room, but he can punch so fast that a weapon must have an attack rating over 300% greater than his inherent attack for it to be worth the trouble. For instance, at the beginning of Dawn of Sorrow, when 'Arikado' threw Soma his pocket knife, if you unequipped the knife you could punch for the same damage, but at 5 times the speed. Couple this with knuckle weaponry and almost every other type of weapon in the game is just for play.

Now, Soma was going through pretty leisurely, so it kind of makes sense.

I also really enjoyed the character's disdain for Soma's personal choices, mixed up with their reverance of his person and position. It was interesting how you combined their affection for eachother with their affection of their master. Also unlike so many failed romance fan-fiction, there was nothing taboo about the whole interchange, they enjoyed it, they knew it was fine. And they wanted Soma to accept his title of the Dark Lord, so that they could share with him, and serve him. It's rare for stories about servants, yuri stories about servants no less. To display that sort of pride, submission, and affection, together in a proper way like that.

It was a very nice touch to display Persephone's diligent observance of propriety, and Alura's steadfast belief in the spirit of the law. Especially when those views conflicted. That was a very interesting exchange.

As for the actual Yuri scene, it was done quite tastefully, and was attractive without being encumbered by worry about fetishism, or trying too hard to cater to it.

The last fight scene was a little humorous, I know she uses the vacuum in the game, but sucking up the flowers with the vacuum just seemed silly. It didn't detract in the least though, and made Alura's bafflement all the more comical. And of course touching.
Sky-kun chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Oh my goodness, I have never been moved to tears by a fiction before, and now I have.

You sir, are an amazing author and I feel priveliged to review your story. I can't really say much else for fear of not being able to put what I want to say into words.

Thank you for writing this I guess is as close as I can get.

sky
M.Hunter Traubel Trainee chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
The fact that you used an Alura Une in the fic is more than enough to warrant a review from me. The cute girl in her rose is my favorite monster in the entire game, not only that, but her soul is extremely helpful against almost all enemies (Except the last boss, but eh)

Anyway, excellent fic! I especially love the way you portray the characters, but I always saw the Alura Une as shy instead of rather boasting, but that's just me _

Anyway, good work!
LashknifeTalon chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Beautifully done (not to mention tastefully). Actually inspired an idea of my own...
Annoying Assassin chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Not bad. In fact I liked it. The story actually made sense without the fanservice bogging everything down.

A 4...out of 5.
Metroidvania chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Aw..._ Cute. Heart-warming, truly.

Nice story.

Later,

MV
Daniel chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
Kawaii! n_n

A beautiful story. I'd wish there where more stories like this out here. I hope I could see a new one from you soon.
Huntydamus Belmont chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Pretty cool. Keep writing.
Kitala chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
That was a sweet fic. Just lovely. I hope to see more from you in the future.
spincutEdge6272 chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Wow... that was beautiful. It's very well-written and touching... And finally, someone gave attention to the Alura Une/Venus Weed! Whee! Congrats!