Reviews for Beyond the Battles
Tendrebeatrice chapter 16 . 9/7/2015
I found that your writing is brilliant indeed !
alexyopPhae chapter 16 . 5/17/2013
Something beautiful, and I imagine the baby Phae! must be the cutest thing! and the end ... not think I could be better ... simply was ... appropriate and beautiful.
A beautiful story ...!
Arlad chapter 16 . 8/11/2006
I can't believe I hadn't read this before! Well, I LOVED it... It was beautiful and painful, angsty and fluffy... it was love. I read the 16 chapters in one go, couldn't stop. Thank you so much for this story, I adore the way you portray Hephaistion... he fascinates me and it's wonderful to read so much about him. AMAZING!
Queendel chapter 16 . 5/6/2006
A poignant love story which does show how eternal and true the love between Heph and Alexander was, despite the problems. I know that in time, Heph would accept that Alexander was right, that he made the decision because he loved him and wanted to spare him that pain, and that he made the correct decision which was resposible for him having a beautiful, healthy son who contain the best of both him and Miskaelah.

When I review the fic, I think that part of Heph's grief and anger at Alexander was wrapped up in his feelings of love for Alexander and the fact that he was giving him up to be with his wife. Then, when she was dying, Heph was faced with having the best of both worlds, a perfect son and his male lover back, without having to make her feel badly, or for him to give up what he wanted most and watch his and Alexander destiny die.

A good fight could always clear the air and the sex afterwards was not only hott, but tender and caring, the intimacy laced with forgiveness, understanding, and love. It also cause Heph to really feel again, and to reconnect with his beloved.

It was also sweet and caring that the complicated Cassander, in order to just see if Heph was alright, made up a reason to see him when he lied about Alexander sending him for the armory order

This fic was wonderful with a unique feel to it, and I truly enjoy it.

There were some mysteries that you were going to clear up but I could live with it as is, unless you write a sequel. *smile*

Baliansword, I will always support your very creative, innovative and interesting writing efforts and will continue to wish you well in your RL.

I look forward to some more fics from you soon, updated more frequently..of course, as they can be a relaxing outlet to the stresses of life.

Have a great and relaxing weekend.
RedRaiderHottie chapter 16 . 5/6/2006
that was a great story...i feel so bad for miskaelah and hephaestion...what a beautiful son...and of course he has hephaestion's eyes...i'm glad that in the end alexander and hephaestion were able to reconnect again...
Queendel chapter 15 . 5/5/2006
A poignant and emotionally charged update. I feel for both Heph and Miskaelah, and Heph's pain is tangible.

What the physicians are going to do at Alexander's request is brutal but I think necessary, as Miskaelah is dying and if the baby can be saved,it should be given every chance to live.

I think that this action might drive a brutal wedge between Heph and Alexander until his grieve is past..for then he will see that it was the only way to have a piece of Miskaelah always with him, if his son lives.

Update soon.

BTW, you were gone for quite some time and was badly missed.

I hope that you will not be a stranger this time.
MLygia chapter 14 . 4/18/2006
I liked to know that Miskaelah is already carryingt the child of Hephaestion. I hope nothing bad happen to her or to the baby, but with Cassander, always treacherous near them, we never know. I am waiting to see like Alexander will behave now with the perspective of Heph to become a father.I imagine that his jealousy will increase a lot.
Queendel chapter 14 . 4/18/2006
A really nice update. I understand Alexander's fears of losing Heph but as he said, he is mostly responsible for it. I am glad that Heph will have a son. I hope that all goes well. Update soon.
Kitten chapter 14 . 4/17/2006
Awesome another update! It brings a smile to my face in spite of being swamped with finals and term papers. :) Thanks!
Melenna chapter 13 . 4/14/2006
Stupid Cassander. Stupid, stupid Cassander. I cannot believe he said that. What in the world would e tell Alexander for? but i'm glad Hephaistion is gonna have babies. hes gonna make a good daddy! How is Bagoas going to react when he finds out miskaelah agreed tho? hm... Bloody stupid Cassander...

great job! update soon!

Melly
Kitten chapter 13 . 4/13/2006
Awesome! Two new chapters in one week. I don't see how this week could get any better except maybe if there were three chapters. *hint hint* But anywho, thanks for the update. The suspense was killing me. :)

Aw poor Alexander, so... oblivious. It really rather funny.
Queendel chapter 13 . 4/13/2006
Interesting and poignant update. It is sad that as much as Alexander loves Heph, he is unaware that he paints..and Cassander does. I like Cassander's complexity, his edge, but I wonder what is his reasoning for telling Alexander that he too slept with Heph. Is is to make him jealous?

I like the intimate interactions between Heph and Miskaelah, and I do hope that they get a child.

Update soon.
hephyde chapter 13 . 4/13/2006
wow! so glad you updated again! I love this story so much *bounce happily*

poor Cassander, didn't he afraid of the king's wrath at all? I'm so worry for his life . can't wait to see how it will go *exciting*
MLygia chapter 12 . 4/13/2006
I'm glad with you update. But this chapter seems to me like an interval in which inspiration and strenght are gathered up so that it can be retaken later. For me, it is not still clear where that whole game of interests and passions will take. I am anxious to read more
MLygia chapter 11 . 3/19/2006
Oh my god. I am already beginning to think that kasir is not a character so interesting. If he is an ally of Cassander and the two plan some thing against Alex, for that using Heph I certainly won't like about Miskaelah? What is her utility in that plot? Is she part of the plan or is an innocent useful one ? I would hate to think that that beautiful love scene between her and Heph was simply part of a trap. Update soon, please.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »