Reviews for Debello
LegionN7 chapter 3 . 1/23/2013
Ooooohhh revan and malak funtime :D Youre certainly portraying the scenes, from dusty Malachor to posh and pompous Coruscant well.
machievelli chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Supposed to have been posted 14 August 2011, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. but I had problems with my computer, and flaked on attaching these reviews to the original story threads for the last year. Everyone say; 'Mach is a flake, Mach is a yo-yo'. Better yet (Waves hand) 'Mach is trying, but he's still a flake'.

Some of the work I read is what I consider professional class. These are marked as Picks of the Week. Go to to find the best of the week.

At the End of the Mandalorian Wars: Revan embraces the dark side even as she slays Manda'lor

The piece flows well and only having read two segments I wish I had time to read it all. As both Karen Traviss and I have done, the author embraced the will of the Mando'a and made them something beyond cardboard cut outs of evil. The characterization of the Mando'a is like a newly cut diamond, rare and perfect.

Pick of the Week
Jen DeClan chapter 4 . 12/27/2008
Whew! Finished-sad and glad at the same time because I wish it could've gone on, sigh. Very good to use politics to get Revan to go on. And poor Mai -betrayed in the worst way! VERY GOOD!
Jen DeClan chapter 3 . 12/27/2008
Politicians no matter whether canon or not always are so clueless,except Palpatine who kept everybody else in the dark. I cannot see the Jedi Order accepting Revan back and poor Exile needs no more war.
Jen DeClan chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
AWESOME! Stupendous! Fantastic-you are making me run out of adjectives. And she became the void by the end of the fight. Such a cool fight, but then I expect nothing less from you.
Jen DeClan chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
OK, so here I go again-heh heh. Yeah, I took speed-reading courses and sometimes it can be a blessing or a curse. What I really like is the dual respect on both sides for each other's culture.
Jord chapter 4 . 3/10/2007
A gripping, tight, read. Initially I intended to read one chapter at a time, instead of reading the whole thing through. But your pace and writing sucked me in, and here I am and the end of the beginning!

Terrific job!
Jord chapter 3 . 3/10/2007
"And so it begins"!

It's so interesting that you chose treachery to embark Revan on her journey towards darker paths. And at the same time, it feels so real.
Jord chapter 2 . 3/10/2007
That was a terrific read. You showed us her vulnerabilities, which is something rarely seen up here. I expected her to pick up some nicks and bruises along the way, sure, but the one where she stumbled just before she finished off Mandalore was nicely inserted.

One thing though, it's not an error by any means, but what exactly would Revan mean by she is the void? The dark circular emptiness she was seeing before the fight began? In what way is this significant to who Revan is?
Jord chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
Nicely done! I simply love the way you give more than just a glimpse into Mandalorian culture through their dialog. After hearing about the new movie, 300 (which I heard was historically inaccurate!), I just realized that there is a strong similarity between the Spartans and the Mandalorians. But therein lies a similar weakness, and I think it's this weakness that caused them to lose the war against Revan.

I won't prattle on about it here, but I just wanted to say that this 1st chapter packed a powerful punch that, I assume, will carry on into the 2nd.
Rian Sage chapter 4 . 9/18/2006
Very nice tie-in to Fortune. You did a great job of filling in the moments before Revan's disappearance. And it was also a great way to portray how she got away with taking so much of the Fleet with her. I loved the confrontation between Revan and Mai-Lyn. All the political stir-ups were nicely done. It seems totally plausible the politicians would try to push Revan out and step in to carry the glory of her victory.
Pops chapter 4 . 4/22/2006
Sorry again about that trip. I love this story. It's got action and tension and a smooth transition for Mai-Lyn's leaving the order.

I dug the Mandalorian scene too. It had a real 'warrior' feel.

Reven really kicked butt on the Mandalore.
Rogue Reb and Kelli chapter 4 . 3/19/2006
Great stuff. We love the politics. Mai-Lyn really gets the short end of the stick, huh?

Revan was sweetly done. Powerful, arrogant, and flawed.
Rogue Reb and Kelli chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Whoa, this is good. It's very visual and the build up in drama gets the blood going. We like that Ergeron guy.

Kelli - I'm glad this doesn't spoil the game as I'm on Taris now.
I am no longer available chapter 4 . 3/11/2006
My favorite bit in this chapter is the confrontation between Revan and Mai-Lyn. Revan's reaction is perfect for me. She has gone through this whole thing either adored or feared, and her reactions have been consistent to both camps: love me and I will adore you back; disrespect me and I will despise you like the lowest worm.

So, when Mai-Lyn changes from worshiping follower to doubter, Revan doesn't react halfway, she makes the absolute switch that is in her character.

BaM