Reviews for Bargains
klu chapter 5 . 6/14
Loved it, loved it , LOVED IT!

This was the perfect mix of Hunt and brotherly banter that SPN has missed as of late. I am trolling through older fanfic looking for pieces that hold the foundation of SPN - and this one certainly does.

You did a great job setting up the case and presenting the Fae lore. Interviewing Catherine was done perfectly, with Sam taking the 'caring' role and Dean just wishing it was over... Plus I loved the interaction when both brothers went to visit the ranger as well as when Dean went back and met Tam (Dean's obscenity-laden yelling at the fairy circle before that was down-right hilarious).

Unlike Dean, I was fooled by Sam's glamour in the Fae court, so when he walked up to the fawn, I was totally surprised and yet, knew immediately that he'd made the right decision - because I will always trust Dean Winchester to save Sammy.

Thank you for writing and sharing.
Death-Muncher chapter 5 . 11/14/2010
I really liked this story too! I love the way you write and you come up with really cool story lines. :)
spnMom chapter 5 . 4/29/2008
OMG, the ending of this was hilarious! I was definitely concerned with how Dean was going to rescue Sammy this time, but you came up with a wonderful ending. I just laughed through the whole last section. Thanks, it was really enjoyable!
Jayy chapter 5 . 11/21/2007
I think it would be great if you would write a sequel. I'm curious about what the queen would ask them to do.
jenilee chapter 5 . 9/21/2007
I loved that story, it was awesome. You have the boys banter down perfectly.

I loved the whole conversation between Dean and Sam after they were returned. Sam only getting to say "Dean.." while Dean went on and on until Sam finally interupted his shouting and thanked him.
EagleGirl6 chapter 4 . 12/31/2006
That was awesome! Bird-girls, and Sam-fawn! And I just love how you write Dean and Sam talking:

"You let her put a geas on you! I'm so telling Dad."

"Thanks for saving my ass. You were brilliant."

Thank you!
EagleGirl6 chapter 3 . 12/31/2006
This is such a fun story. I like how you described Dean staying up all night and all day again waiting to rescue Sam.

Hehe, this is a great line, so true:

Unless Sam managed to piss them off somehow, but Sam hardly ever pissed off people who weren't blood relatives.

This is a great description, nice job:

"Keep back." The brownie's voice was low and raspy, like the dry scrape of wood against wood. "Got the stink of cold iron all over you."

Reading your work is so enjoyable, the dialog and action are great, and such clear and clean writing. Thank you very much for sharing it.

EagleGirl6 chapter 2 . 12/29/2006
What a perfect description:

Dean felt as if he was wading through molasses. Molasses with bugs in it.

"Uh-uh. Let's hope it doesn't go for the assholes, or you'll really be in trouble."

Nice Judas Priest reference:)

Cool, a Fae story. Now I'm really looking forward to the rest!

EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
What a great start to this story. How refreshing to have a cool mystery to bite into. Plus you crack me up, too:)

This was too funny, the boys had to share a room with Little Old Ladies (LOLs):

"Manly self-sufficiency, huh?" "Sure. It's rugged." "You mean ragged."

And I love how you described the boys here, I can see Sam's face:

...because how could anyone not try and be helpful to such a nice young man?

I can't wait to read more of this - at least it's already done; I don't have to wait for more!

Thanks,

siltstone chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Well, I just plugged through your entire collection of Supernatural stories, so I hope you don't mind if I skip reviewing every single one and just sum it up here:

Bloody. Awesome.

Fantastic portrayal of the characters - it's like they walked right off the screen and into whatever kooky situation you set up for them. And I can count many a time when I laughed aloud. Bastard child of Bambi and My Little Pony...God. You put in enough detail to make it realistic (as realistic as Supernatural can be, at least) but not so much that the reader starts going slack-jawed and skipping the big paragraphs. And you caused Dean pain on occasion D I'm a self-confessed sadist.

Keep it up, or I will find some way to hunt you down and hurt you. Don't ask me how. I'm working on the details.
Taynna chapter 5 . 10/26/2006
poor sam! dean will never let him live THAT down. i have this hysterical mental image of what sam must have looked like as a fawn with little elf kids decorating him... too funny!
Whisp chapter 5 . 3/21/2006
Oh. Faeries are creepier than I thought they were. I've been terribly misled by Disney.

Excellent story. And what a wonderfully thought out and well researched plot. I never would have thought of faeries as possibility on Supernatural, but you made it work really well.

I loved how in character Dean was, which we really got to see through the bits of commentary-like narration (lol - "my life is now officially too fucking weird" and "in addition to being unarmed and practically bare-assed, he also felt like a total idiot").

I totally knew something was up with Sam when he ate that food. I was sitting there thinking, no freaking way is Sam that stupid. Glad you didn't prove me wrong.

I can't wait to see what the Green Lady asks for in return. :)

Oh, and I love this line "You let her put a geas on you! I'm so telling Dad"
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 5 . 3/10/2006
An interesting story to say the least. I'd never have thought fairies could be worked into Supernatural, but you did really well. and the last chapter was funny, especially the ending. I might see now if there's anythign else. Until next time, Cyas.
Daemonchan chapter 5 . 2/26/2006
Hee hee. If Sam was dressed like a hippie, he'd fit right in in Asheville. I was so excited to see a North Carolina based story and you did wonderfully. Both boys were in character and you realy did your homework on the Fae. Excellent job!
ridley c. james chapter 5 . 2/23/2006
Wow. This was too cute. And by cute-I mean great.

I think my favorite line was the one about the love child of Bambi and My Pretty Pony. Oh my gosh-I laughed out loud.

I think I said it in my other review, but I'll say it again. This was just so original and fresh and IN Character that I just loved it.

I can't wait for more-hopefully there is a sequel.

ridley