Reviews for Waiting
Mewsea chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Interesting concept. But, GOD... it's been FOREVER since I've played Pokemon Red... So, naturally, I forget who the narrator is in your story. Is this... perhaps... Green?

I REALLY should refrain from reviewing when I haven't played this in so long... *sigh* But I have this policy where I have to review every fic I read, and... blah, blah, blah... *sighs again*
JORTENDO chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I never thought of that. He could have at least beat some of the grunts.

Serious mode: I liked the Idea of your rival (well, this one, anyway) lamenting over losing to 'you' over and over. Not to mention, it's implied that his Raticate maybe dead, having his arrogance bite him in the end, being scolded by his grandfather that he looked up to since he was a baby after having his short lived title as champion being abruptly taken away from him...I think I maybe putting too much thought into this.
AusKid chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I was intrigued by the summary but ultimately let down, jokes about what NPCs do in their spare time are long past their used-by date, was hoping for something a little more than the obvious.
Hx2 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Nice! Something you might want to pay attention to however, is the possibility that Blue was already in the Silph Tower BEFORE the Rockets attacked. You could add something that clarifies this more explicitly. Other than that, I really like it. Great job!

Blue: I'm not waiting to be rescued, I'm waiting to battle Red!
sm8430328 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Yes, you will wait, because the game does not let the hero progress without battling you!

Hi! I do like this. It's short, but a great idea. Whenever I get an idea I want to write a drabble about, it ends up becoming infinitely longer. I can't keep my ideas in. :( You do just that wonderfully. So concise!

Excellent work.

/ /Novaki/ /
Capital WHY chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
There's definitely tension in every word, you express that quite nicely. I can't help but wonder, though, what would happen if there WERE two heros. It would, I imagine, eventually wreck one (if not BOTH) of them. It would become less about saving people and doing the right thing, and more about who's going to do better, who can be THE hero. It seems like, the more I think about it, there's only room for one. Blue apparently knows that. There's much more depth to this story AND his thoughts, too, than one might first think. I appreciate that. Thanks for giving me a new way to think about this, it might give me some inspiration.

Wonderful job.

totalyborringname chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Every time I read this it just get's cooler. Awesome job.
SwiftintheSky chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Perfect. That seems like EXACTLY what Blue would be thinking, but then again, that is the point of a POV. :)
Favored chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I liked this a whole lot.

I feel like you've captured the Rival character well.

Brendan Rizzo chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Wow, this is the first fic that actually takes the ramifications of Gary just...waiting there in Silph Co. seriously. This seems to be your style, to which I say, hats off!
SamJaz chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
The Silph Takeover and the Lake of Rage Scam were the two most badass moments in the pokémon games. your rival was there in both if them. did he help? nope. just made you look more impressive.
Zalein chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
It's not very long, and supposedly that means you wouldn't be able to get much from it. That's not true-this is an awesome little read. You don't go too far into the character so as to set something up that hazards straying from what the game is, but you go into it enough to give enough of him that the reader nods to him/herself and goes, yeah, I recognize this.

It's a work of art in its brevity, as well as in its writing itself.

Keep writing!
sardine chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
ah...haha. You never cease to amaze me and make me laugh. The whole entire time i was reading I was like "she's totally right. Why the hell was he waiting there all day?" haha... continue with your work. good job.
Mr. Cereal chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
I think most of the reviewers missed the sarcastic tone of the fic. Being once an avid player of LeafGreen, I can definitely see what you meant to convey- for Gary to pop up through that teleporter just there was an all-too-obvious plot contrivance.
MadeUpFigment chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
I agree with Morbane. This is too short. I like the summery though. I don't have anything else to say (yet again)

-A crappy reviewer