Reviews for Dog Collar
gin chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
loves the happy endings! i read this a long long time ago and will periodically go back and read stuff over sometimes when there's nothing else to read... and with senility it seems like i'm reading it for the first time. ;)

if you hadn't heard of the live action movie (i'm pretty sure that you probably have but just in case) there are trailers for the first one and then the sneak preview for one of the sequel movies. the first movie was a wonderful adaptation and the sequels are promised to be just as good if not better. just copy/paste the codes into the youtube search for each video:

O4Bhr80HfyY -the first live movie's trailer
yaLOPVAuJs4 -first movie's character profile trailers
8qRFhP5PhMk -first movie's dojo fight scene from the first chapter manga and first episode anime
a7HrF77Ewkg -the sneak preview for the first sequel kyoto arc:
bAgmfGZbVrQ -the first official trailer for the sequel movies (subbed)
NCei4Vm1ZP8 -another trailer
emy8JkKV6LQ -character profile trailers
the first sequel has already been shown and the second will be out next month and hopefully won't be the last ones as i'm counting on big box office numbers again to motivate them to film jinchuu and the remembrance arcs from the manga... :) ... you can see the first one online at a place called: gooddrama (you can google it) go there and type in rurouni kenshin... click on the pic of the movie and then ignore where it says to watch it and scroll down below the actors' pictures and click where it says: Rurouni Kenshin (2012) -it can be watched in any one of the three or four screens on the page (different people uploaded each and i usually watch the first on any anime/video site like that *shrugs*) and make sure you have adblocker and run a scan with maleware bytes after any site like that to get rid of any spyware... you can get ghostery as an add-on if you use firefox to stop trackers. i know it's a lot of trouble but i really trust doing all that than downloading from bittorrent or something like it. but you can also get the dvd from places like cd-japan or amazon.

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I'm still wondering whether she is human though! XD

Anyway, that was a really great treat!

Thanks for the read! :)
Crystale no otaku chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Wow, 50th reviewer ! That one-shot deserves such a number and even more _ Buuuuut ! Why, after more than six years, isn't OFF THE LEASH here ? T_T wantitwantitwantitwantit

Err, I should probably review now... GREAT ! Love it ! The way you built up the story, encounter after encounter, while alternating POV, and the heart touching final ! But I can't help feeling like we didn't have enough ! More on those two ! She knows, but not really. And Yahiko, too, it would be cool to see his first encounter with Kenshin, after him and Kaoru get to him. Awwww !

Erm ! Anyway, would you, please, for me ? For us, all those reviewers ? Write the second and then third part ? Please *Puppy-eyed* !
noname00 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
For some odd reason I never read this fic. I would always see it but I would never want to read it. The only reason I even read this today was because I was in a Battousai mood but instead of rereading something I finally decided to try this and I must say that Im so glad that I finally decided to read this; Im actually sad that it was just a one-shot
Razer Edge Rose chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
this may have been good as a full blown story. I makes me kinda sad that its a one shot.
Pinay chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Unleashed was an incredible story. I loved it. The same way, I like your story. Thanks.
SRAS9 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Great story! I loved it! chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Wow. Thoroughly enjoyable. Bravo.
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
This was a lovely little short piece. I liked the way he tracked her in his "free" time and the accepting way she sought him out. I liked the open ended idea of looking for Yahiko. I could've used more of her "no-kill" policy making an impact on the demon. Perhaps he could've even sworn never to kill again once the bad guy was dead? Kaoru didn't get to hit Kenshin humorously in this either. Missed that, but otherwise I loved their interplay.
09 chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
this was good

but was Kaoru a demon too or not

too many plot holes were in this
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
exciting story!

one loves the golden eyes!

Gyreflight chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Done well (as this is), I really like stories which drop the reader in media res, trusting them to pick up everything they need to know from context and imagination.

Having your demon-Kenshin as the point-of-view character is interesting this way, as the reader only sees what he does, and he's (necessarily) a very disconnected being, so used to simply accepting the way things are that questions barely occur to him, at least at first. He does start to change, but it's a fascinatingly understated character trait - even when he's first intrigued by Kaoru, it doesn't occur to him that he should *do* something: she's interesting, she's fighting, she can fight – but that's it.

Part of the appeal of a one-shot like this is that despite the basic plot resolution, it tantalises with loose ends, all the possibilities which may be explored and built on in the future…or may not. It does feel like the first story in a series (the pacing would be right for that), but it could as easily be a pure one-shot, with the characters set free at the end to continue their lives unwatched.

This was elegantly written, well characterised and very memorable. I'd love to see the sequel to this sometime, but even if not, I look forward to reading more from you.

Thanks for the read.

avasion chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
wonderful, just wish it was longer!
poems2songs chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
wonderful story... really liked it... good job... great work...
LeoDesirePassion chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
This was a great story i lov it
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »