Reviews for Story Scrapbook
JoAnna chapter 5 . 2/21/2020
Yep, me again! Just reading everything I can find (who needs a PhD anyway?) :D And just saying I loved Gilbert's Mr Bennet moment ;)
oz diva chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
Aww I love them all being together in death. So much to enjoy here in this sad story. Marilla and Matthew, Bertha and Joyce and Walter. Time to move on, time to get on up into heaven and leave your family behind because staying is bittersweet and gets you no where.
oz diva chapter 3 . 6/26/2018
I love the idea that Joyce lived. Why has no one touched on this before? But Darryl? that sounds too modern to my ears. Still I hope this incarnation of Joyce can learn to live again and find happiness with Jack.
oz diva chapter 1 . 6/26/2018
If I could write this well in my 2nd language at 15, I'd be pretty pleased with myself. I'm pleased you never 'fixed' it up. It's just fine as is. I liked how history repeated itself here, it could be Anne and Gil with Christine.
AnneNGil chapter 5 . 1/27/2018
I just loved this one! Frankly, anything to fill in the Rilla and Ken story is much welcomed!

You really write miss Cornillia well. :-) "She liked flowers well enough, really, but her sensible soul could not help seeing the practical side of growing potatoes and vegetables." ha! So her!

I loved the back and forth with Mary Vance. Just was very in character and I liked how you explained that her actions were not of malace, but coming from a place of concern for her friend. I think that sums up Mary Vance.

My favorite part was Rilla reflecting on her meeting with Ken a couple of days prior. Thanks for pulling out the question, "so, it seems you only like me for my looks?" well, it is true. LMM definitely comes across this way. So, I'm so glad that you added in some substance to their relationship. I just loved it!

The part with Gilbert and all of the boys asking him for permission to marry his daughters was quite funny. Ha! And I loved Anne's reflection on how happy she's been with Gilbert. It's crazy that they almost didn't get to be together.

Thanks for writing these and sharing them with us. They have been a delight to read!
AnneNGil chapter 4 . 1/27/2018
Oh wow. Thus was unexpected. I liked this one a lot. We don't often get a glimpse into this who have passed before. But you remind us so clearly that there are many loved ones for Walter to be with. He isn't alone.
AnneNGil chapter 3 . 1/26/2018
This one is a bit dreary in the shadow of the war. But I like the ending, and of course, it's a good moral. I'm assuming Jack and Joy get together? I like the connection between Rilla and Joyce. It's a sweet one.
AnneNGil chapter 2 . 1/26/2018
This is interesting. It's put together well. I had to reread it after I figured out that the story was about Una, not Faith. Anyway, it's such an interesting thought how things would have been different if Jem had died rather than Walter. Thanks for sharing the story.
AnneNGil chapter 1 . 1/26/2018
Oh, I like this little story. It's a bit like the situation with Anne and Gil in their college years. :-)
OriginalMcFishie chapter 5 . 12/11/2017
Love this. Mary's airs, Miss Cornelia gossip. Anne's careful examination of her daughter but mostly Rilla, love how she has matured and grown, love how she keeps her own counsel re Ken, loved that scene when she answers the door and love this HEA.# contentedsigh
OriginalMcFishie chapter 4 . 12/11/2017
on wow this is something special. the exploration of Walter waiting a few years before coming home for Christmas (where did his spirit wander before then?). and I loved that the family were there to guide and protect him. how I hope that is true for us all!
OriginalMcFishie chapter 3 . 12/11/2017
Oh beautiful. Here's my reaction to this yay Joy lived. oh no Sue had to suffer the death of her husband. oh how sweet Rilla and Ken are. yay Rilla and joy are close, oh no Diana's boy lost his leg. oh what a lovely romance. I love how you weave this tale and take us on a journey. beautifully done
OriginalMcFishie chapter 2 . 12/11/2017
I read this thinking 'this isn't right, Faith would never marry Walter', and then the twist, it was Unas wedding not Faiths. I like that una didn't just marry him she waited to make sure it was what they both truly wanted. interesting proposition too, I tend to think that Faith would cope better with the loss than una. I tend to feel that u a will simply fade away (like Beth I. little women), but Faith with all her fire will find a way to carry on
OriginalMcFishie chapter 1 . 12/11/2017
you wrote this at 15? in your second language? I'm in awe of your talent. This was lovely. reminiscent of the confusion that Anne experienced at redmond. Lovely seeing Faith discombobulated, lovelier still seeing Gils charm oozing out of Jem, beautifully done
katherine-with-a-k chapter 5 . 2/23/2014
beautiful beautiful beautiful!

such a lovely epilogue to "Rilla" thank you.
and your sad stories are wonderful too, i don't think writing about sad subjects is bad for you, at least i hope it's not. morbid, pitiful things maybe, but not sad. we need sad, and any reader worth their salt will know that.

i hope you write more, thanks again.