Reviews for This Is The Way We Are
ok but where is the rest of the story 9/19/14
LillySmith chapter 23 . 6/18/2013
More!
emeraldphan chapter 12 . 3/12/2013
This is beautifully written, with lovely, evocative descriptions. Amazing work.
emeraldphan chapter 9 . 3/12/2013
Still enjoying this story! It's so well written and lovely.
emeraldphan chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
I've only just discovered this and .. wow, it's just amazing! And that was just the first chapter.. can't wait for more!
BlackLeatherRain chapter 23 . 8/5/2011
I don't believe you meant to end the story here, but I have to say I am so grateful that there was this resolution before your updates stopped. Your story has been beautiful, and your imagery absolutely perfect. Thank you for sharing this with us.
BlackLeatherRain chapter 12 . 8/5/2011
I realize it's been five years since you have written this masterpiece, and that I'm only halfway through, but I have to share the following lyrics that came to mind as Christine sang to her parents and her Angel. If you are not familiar with the song, I do highly recommend grabbing it from YouTube - it's a choral piece, and is stunning in its sorrow and beauty:

In my heart's sequestered chambers lie truths stripped of poet's gloss.

Words alone are vain and vacant, and my heart is mute.

In response to aching silence, memory summons half-heard voices, and my soul finds primal eloquence and wraps me in song.

If you would comfort me, sing me a lullabye.

If you would win my heart, sing me a love song.

If you would mourn me and bring me to God, sing me a Requiem. Sing me to Heaven.

Touch in me all love and passion, pain and pleasure.

Touch in me grief and comfort, love and passion, pain and pleasure.

Sing me a lullabye, a love song, a Requiem.

Love me, comfort me, bring me to God.

Sing me a love song, sing me to Heaven.
enb2004 chapter 23 . 1/27/2011
GREAT story! I only wish I couldve seen Nadir's reaction. And it certainly wouldve been interesting to see how the Raoul situation wouldve played out as well...
bwayphantomrose chapter 2 . 9/15/2009
Oh wow. A modern story that makes sense! A modern story that has an in-character Erik! I love all these twists already. I look forward to reading this.
viablesangre chapter 23 . 7/29/2009
Please sir, can I have some more?

I adore this modern version of POTO! I'm so curious as to what will happen with the fop, I mean Raoul, and Nadir!

I'm also curious as to where this story is happening, I only wish I can run my air conditionar the way it runs in this story!
LePhantomessa chapter 23 . 12/8/2008
If I haven't already reviewed and praised this story, then I shall do so now. You write so eloquently, so emotionally, and with such a diverse vocabulary. I love this story very very much and really really hope to see more of it very very soon because it really is very very good and written very wonderfully and beautifully and all of that. SO please please PLEASE update this again very very soon or many people will die of not knowing what will happen next. Including myself, which would be very sad for me indeed. ;P

I hope to see and read more of your work very very soon. I now bid you a good day and a thousand really nice muses who might happen to resemble youe favorite Erik and bake you cookies. ;D

Sincerely and tearfully yours,

LMdP
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 23 . 10/18/2008
This story is incredibly beautiful and emotional in a way that is both unreal and yet real and neither and both and so on all at once. It's untainted by too much humor, or angst, or bubbliness (ugh). It's simply just...pure. And utterly exquisite for it.

I hope that you update this soon. It would be wrong to keep such a sweet, and powerfully emotional story in an unfinished state. So please, I do implore you, add another chapter soon. Please? That's all I'll ask of you (for now).

Yours, sincerely (and tearfully),

~Wolfalona~
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 14 . 10/18/2008
So far, this is an excellent story. I cannot wait to read more.
Ignored Genius chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
You write amazing summaries, that's what drew me in! :D

Great story so far, I like your style of writing, very good. ~IG
Maeve Of the Nile chapter 23 . 5/23/2007
I love this fic its so well written please come back to it! I know the feeling of losing whatever drives you to write a specific piece i've done it before, please finish it i beg u i would love to see how this ends.