Reviews for This Side
chou-fleur chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
Time for me to start reading some more Grima/Eowyn. *sigh* Well done!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 6 . 8/25/2006
Very atmospheric - very creepy. Well done!

Sarah x
Daystar Searcher chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Nice. I particularly like the venom comparison.
Rana Ninque chapter 4 . 3/2/2006
Okay, you've convinced me. They're good together. His darkness and her light just parellel each other too well :-). One thing I really like is that you accept Grima for who he is in your stories. You never try to change his character in order to make him an appropiate match for Eowyn. You just realize that there is a way that someone can be loved, no matter who they are. I really like that. Keep up the good work, and I've been meaning to get back to reading your other stories, I just keep forgetting. :-( Sorry.

Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 3/2/2006
Interesting idea; though it seems to me that Grima is fooling himself. I wish you would label the story AU, though. The true Eowyn feared and hated Grima and had no love or even kindly feelings toward him, and eventually despised him as a traitor. Unless you're reacting to the one very dramatic scene in the movie between two very gifted actors, where Grima spoke words that in the book were spoken by Gandalf?

Honor is very important to the Rohirric culture, and it was important to Eowyn. She will not forgive Grima when she realizes that he is a traitor, unless this is an AU story. Even factors such as his obvious alienation from the mainstream of Rohirric life, and physical problems, would not excuse Grima's betrayal of his King.

Tolkien said at one point, in HoME 12: The Peoples of Middle-earth, that the royal family of Rohan spoke and wrote the Common Speech (Westron, which is not the native tongue of Rohan, but rather the lingua franca of North/Western Middle-earth). However, this is not necessarily canonical, so you can get away with implying, or believing, that Eowyn can't write; though in my opinion, there is equal validity for supposing that Eowyn and Eomer both, as Theoden's heirs after Theodred, would have been taught to read and write in the language used in Gondor and elsewhere.
Rana Ninque chapter 3 . 2/21/2006
Definitely one of the most interesting stories I've ever read. I have to say that the complexity-for all that I hate the pairing-draws me in. Small grammar mistake at the very end of chapter 2, but other than that your writing is simple yet not simplistic. I actually liked this-for all that I hate the pairing. :-)

P.S. ANOTHER NICKEL CREEK FAN! I thought that I was the only one in the world! That album is my favorite of their older two. I haven't listened to the new one yet, but I will always love This Side. (Chris Thile...sigh).
hols09 chapter 3 . 2/21/2006
O, j'aime. Definitely a side of Eowyn you wouldn't expect to see.
Eyes of Forest chapter 3 . 2/21/2006
You make denial such a beautiful thing.