Reviews for What Remains
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Even though it was so short, it was absolutely heart-breaking.

"And Jiraiya isn’t sure when he went from hoping they would find their perfect time (“I love her”) to realizing that time has passed them by (“I always loved her”)."

Perfect.
elveljung chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
You just killed me. In the best of ways. I don't even *like* any of the Sannin, and yet this shook and touched me. It's brilliant. Bittersweet, after the race is over and lost, with this sort of weighty irony. The parenthesis work really well, constrasting the little real-world details from the more abstract. Stunning.
Monkey and Music Lover chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Aw, that was so cute and kinda sad all at once!
Naruke chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Brilliant.
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Ouch. Well, unfortunately sometimes life really does turn out like that. Even someone like Jiraiya who eventually got a heroic ending does not necessarily get a HAPPY one, and no one is immune from making stupid mistakes in their personal life. And people like to cling to pain, sometimes. It's tragic (and in fact I almost think that this story should be in that category) but that's life, sometimes.
Shivohnsongbreeze chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Your description of their relationship is dead on...and the fact that you were able to do that in such few words is amazing. Really poignant and I really enjoyed reading it.
Annie chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Wow...that is depressing...but very well written! Keep up the great work_
magicfrogdance chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
OH. love this, so much! jiraiya and tsunade...tragic couple, yay geezer love!
Terra Silas chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
good story actually great story! this parring reminds me of naruto & sakura
mirai3k chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Finally! More of this pairing!

Bitter and angsty, just the way love should be written *gets killed by fans* lol, well I truly loved it!

Mirai
A Really Big Idiot 24 chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Well, now my heart is ripped out...ge...

LOVE IT!

Say..where DO you get your ideas...
MeeLee chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Your summary got me. It was a very introspective piece, and though I never give much thought to this couple (though it's cute when you think about it ) I did enjoy reading this, so good job.

-MeeLee
Hououza chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Excellent but very sad story.

Good luck & best wishes,