Reviews for Out Here in the Fields
soaked velvet starlight chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Really great story. Extremely professional and well-written and just plain *good*. And yeah, I can see a bit of the Primary Colors influence here, which is good for the campaign setting. I really liked how you portrayed Mandy - she was good, but bad for them. Didn't fit, didn't function right, didn't mesh with Josh. Mandy stories here are few and far between on this site, so such a detailed and well-characterized story about her and Josh is great to see.

All in all, I loved the whole story, how everything hung together and meant something - especially Josh's dad and why the hell he'd like Mandy. The only thing that wasn't very West Wing-y about it was all the swearing, but if the West Wing was on HBO instead of NBC, I'm sure there's be loads of swearing in it - Sorkin likes it, and that's what politicians do. So that wasn't a problem once I adjusted. Good job!
OrangeJuice1 chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Superb!
JustTwisted chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
V. good, and kudos, for the mature, detailed, style.

... look into the first campaign, and the Josh/Mandy breakup.
Aphreal42 chapter 1 . 5/24/2001
Great piece. You really get inside Josh's head and give an amazing depth to his character. The dialogue is believable, and I can hear the characters actually saying it. Very well written, and I look forward to seeing more from you.
Michelle chapter 1 . 5/12/2001
I've read this on another site, and I read it again here. It is one of the best West Wing fics that I've read: ever. I used to be very into XF fic, so I recognised your name to begin with. Everything that you write is exceptional. I look forward to reading anything that you post. Great job! ;)