Reviews for Cricket
Jadziwine chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
omg i don't blame him for never playing again. this was beautifully written, and gory and detailed and I just loved every bit of it! i should think, that Oneir would be traumatized by killing his friend ( regardless of that fact that his friend had nine lives) even if Christopher wasn't and forgave him!
toasty fresh chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
You know, I've always wondered about whatever happened to Oneir and Fenning after Christopher left; this, to me, is a fitting summation of what is left to Oneir once Christopher has been picked up by Gabriel. Not only do you blend past and present nicely, but your writing is beautifully crafted. It flows easily and gently pulls the reader from line to line, immersing them in the story. I really enjoyed this.
celticfox chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
That's just really beautiful. I never thought about that before, I guess because Oneir was just a small side character. But you did this really amazingly.
older and amused chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
this was a perfectly brilliant story! utterly amazing! Onier's horror, and the way Christopher just shook the incident off, mingled brilliantly! i love it!
Bye. See ya. Or not chapter 1 . 7/9/2006

that was pretty gruesome

but bloody good as well

bb xx
Clichesbullet chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
Oh! That was great! It's been a while since I least read a Chrestomanci fic so I haven't read all of your series yet. But I'll be doing it for the next few days, I promise o/

BTW, if this you wrote is considered

"Moderately graphic description of fatal wounds."

Than I better not watch "Hostel", otherwise I might just puke. I'm just sensitive, I guess.
risefromtheashes chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Wow! This is so good! You are very good at showing Oneir's feelings.
Samurai101 chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
Wow, stunning. The story feels very numb for the event. It gives the feeling that Oneir hasn't come to terms with the fact, and the way the death is described is very gruesome.
Tairona chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
This is really really really really really good. You have an amazing writing style. It's very clear and straightforward, but your voice and the strength of your descriptions give it a lot of flavor. And this style of writing definitely fits this particular incident. You did a great job of getting into Oneir's head, and of capturing Christopher's personality in the letter. And, this is probably a really morbid thing to say, but I loved your "moderately graphic description of fatal wounds." You described the accident with an intensely impressive realism. And all of your little details about cricket were great ... Yeah, this is just ... so ... good. :)
Caethilia Mordon chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Now, this is an excellent piece story- it took me a while to get into the rhythm of your writing, but that's just me :)

This really isn't something I'd given much thought to after reading the book, but you've done a brilliant job getting into Oneir's head and showing the repercussions of the incident.

The last line is perfect.
Seregwen Morthil chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
this is really good! a little graphic maybe, but nothing too over-the-top. is oneir from a book or did you invent him? if so, bravo. or is it brava? i always get them mixed up...
KateAnguaPotter chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
That was... jarring, in a very good sort of way! I'd never really thought about Oneir much but you've nicely captured the tone and shock of the accident. I love how you've gotten into Oneir's head.

The last line... *is love*. I really liked this, in a macarbre sort of way, I love how you helped the reader to feel it as well as reading it.