Reviews for The One Who Does Magic
misuky7 chapter 20 . 3/23
This story was phenomenal, one of the best truly. I have never read anything in this category like it and for that I am so glad. I adored it. I do so wish there was more too it. Really I adore your writing, I thought the relationship between Willow and Xander was breathtaking and their daughter was such a sweetheart - what little we saw of her. :3
Fayari chapter 8 . 11/28/2012
They all sound too nice. As if they're actually still friends and not bitter about everything. Buffy isn't acting like the PTSD'd selfish bitch she was in the later seasons, Xander is acting like he was never treated like horse crap by his so called best friends, and Willow's talking like a real lesbian and not the bad actress lesbian that the totally hot Alyson Hannigan unfortunately was.

Have they been all replaced by pod people?
Guest chapter 20 . 9/16/2012
I hope you add another part to the story or at least a new series. It's very good. :)
shaylove chapter 20 . 9/3/2012
:D I loved the ending! And this story :3 I love Xander/Willow stories...haha I've loved them forever 3
sailorbebe chapter 20 . 12/28/2010
Beautiful and sweet story best Xander / Willow on this web. :)
DrDamage chapter 20 . 10/27/2007
Superlatives fail me. An outstanding story. Thank You.

(Yeah, the epilogue is a little icky. I can live with that.)
Lunar Kasumi chapter 20 . 1/20/2007
this story is totally *SQUEE* worthy! espescially the epilogue! but ill have to take a rain check cuz its 4:56 in the morning over here right now ill be looking at your profile in a few hours when i wake up im off to bed now

Lina
Lorelei of the Sea chapter 20 . 1/6/2007
I like the Angel/Haven storyline. I think you should do a sequal continuing that. I love your story. I thought that Buffy was a bit out of character, though.
Calen chapter 20 . 12/21/2006
This was a cool fic. Though my biggest complaint is Willow's character. She didn't seem much like the character she grew into on the show. I mean the only Wiccaness you showed her having was that astral stuff! It's one of the things that made her, her in the later seasons. While good I felt that her not being 'in-character' kind of messed with the flow. I did like the W/X close moments tho.

That last chapter with Angel was totally useless, Xander finds out that Angels going to be a pedo with his daughter just like he was with Buffy? Not!Good times at all.
iridescentZEN chapter 20 . 10/19/2006
Ooh, I loved this. It was sweet, and interesting and believable. Kudos!
Bobboky chapter 20 . 9/9/2006
cool
LadyLefaye chapter 20 . 8/26/2006
This was such an amazing story! I just got all 7 seasons of Buffy in one box set, and after watching Season 1, I felt that old itch for some Xander/Willow goodness. And this fic more than met the mark. You captured the characters so well, especially Willow's voice, and you did a great job of acknowledging Willow's sexuality issues. I'd personally love to see you make a sequel to this and continue the whole Angel/Haven plotline, because that sounded rather intriguing. But even if you leave it just as it is, the story was wonderful. _
Specks chapter 20 . 8/26/2006
That was perfectly written. I loved your use of dialogue and the various metaphors. Your sentence variation was refreshing and the dialog breaks were dead on. The only teeny tiny bump would be the conversation in the epilogue. For the first half I had quite a difficult time telling who was speaking. It might have been intentional, and if it was, please ignore me.

Other than that, I found your writing incredibly original,well-paced, well thought out, and downright entertaining. Juggling the huge characters of Buffyverse and not having them overshadow one another is a difficult task and you've accomplished that quite well. Although the story was clearly W/X, Buffy, Dawn, Giles, and Angel were all given enough of a role so as not to be discounted. Thanks for Angel at the end btw. I love him and it's always nice to see him as support. Wonderful story.
Howard Russell chapter 20 . 8/19/2006
Hi! I thought I should return the favor.

First off, I am not a fan of Willow/Xander (not surprising info, I'm sure.) Still, I quite enjoyed this story. The characters' voices were very accurate throughout. And I think the treatment of Willow's sexuality was well handled.

I really liked the way Willow and Buffy interacted. Theirs is a special friendship.

This epilogue sets up a sequel that I probably will read.

Thank you for all your time and effort in writing this.
GaboonViper chapter 20 . 8/1/2006
Great story, Nice ending:)

I have enjoyed a lot of buffy fan fiction in the last few days. I'm kinda addicted to it. This is definately the best fic I've read with a pregnancy in it. Granted, it's the only fanfiction I've dared to read after I found out there was a pregnancy in it.

Nevertheless I loved it. The light mood and humor aren't even limited to the story itself. Some of your notes and disclaimers cracked me up as well:P

Unlike some of the others here I'm not sure I would really want to read the sequal to this though. Maybe the reaction of Xander and Willow to Angel, but the prophecy itself seems just too far in the future. It would mean that Willow and Xander wouldn't be the main characters anymore and frankly I'm a W/X fan.

Also I missed Giles during the story itself. You'd think he'd visit at some point after he found out about their child.