Reviews for The Coming of Lexie
garden-crafter chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
I've never heard of Monarch of the Glen - but I liked this story alot anyways !
Marcia Landa chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Knowing more about a favorite character's history can be so satisfying. Usually tantalizing bits are revealed in a show, but never fully explained. The Coming of Lexie provides a wealth of imagined information about Lexie's background and how she came to Glenbogle, all of it beautifully written, and all of perfectly believable.

From the moment we hear her mother unleash a tirade at the 15 year old girl who had undoubtedly been approached or molested by the mother's boyfriend, we see that Lexie is alone in the world. Lexie spends the next two years in a boarding house in Glasgow, just barely scraping by, and having no one she could count on. On impulse she decides to leave for the country, as far as her scant funds will take her. Naturally she winds up in Glenbogle.

Eventually she finds herself at the Big House and meets Molly, a mother with no one to mother. The two take to each other immediately and the rest is history.

What makes this somewhat predictable story full of life and originality (predictable only in that the events are what anyone familiar with the show might imagine) is the vivid writing. Filled with descriptions of ordinary things, like "the grotty, hair plugged, limed scaled showers" in the hostel or the room which "smelled a little musty and unused" which Lexie was to live in at Glenbogle, the story provides images almost as memorable as those from your TV screen.

The Coming of Lexie appears to be the only MOTG fanfiction published by Lisa T. The only improvement I can suggest is that the author write more.

Marcia
kitnospam chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
I'm curious ... what happenned next ?
Hanging.by.a.moment chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Nice story, thank god someone has fianlly written another monarch of the glen fanfic.