Reviews for The Assistant
lauriewsmith chapter 10 . 8/25
Really enjoyed re-reading all the barista stories again.
Hopefully now there's been some activity on your profile recently we might be lucky enough to have a chapter or two to finish Kira's story off?
Glad they are still up here for everyone to read though.
SsjAndromeda chapter 10 . 5/19
Ack! I've read both The Barista and The Assistant and became totally hooked! Do you plan on finishing the assistant? I know it's been a LONG time but I'd love to see how things turn out 3
Stoko chapter 10 . 5/13
Loved this series the first time around, just read through it all again the last few days! Really great work.
Jenny White chapter 10 . 5/5
I love Kira! She's such a fun character, and I hope that you continue writing her story. I re-read the Barista and this story every year or so, and would love to know what happens next! Either way, thank you for creating a wonderful pair of stories, and I look forward to re-reading them many more times.
aramis416 chapter 10 . 3/6
With your new story, I couldn't resist rereading the barista, and the assistant. I forgot how much I loved these characters! Any chance you'll consider continuing the story? I am dying for Daniel to come back!
mktoronto chapter 1 . 3/3
After reading your new piece I came back to read this again. Still love it so much. I know it's hard to get into the head space you were in so long ago but I would love to read a Daniel/Kira working at the SGC story. You don't need to tie into this continuity. I sincerely hope Daniel and Kira knock on your door and share an adventure with you.
the grey mage chapter 10 . 2/10
man, i really miss reading this. thanks for never taking it down.
SR chapter 10 . 8/13/2015
I think I have a problem. Yes, I really did binge-read all 10 chapters of this in one afternoon after finishing The Barista. Lol...

So much fun. Man. Well, as much as this was clearly not meant to be 'the end', at least I feel significantly less sad knowing that Kira knows that Daniel is not dead in the usual meaning of the word. Although I've got to say, it always makes me wonder what happened when the last chapter of an incomplete story ends with such an optimistic-sounding author's note ;P But judging from your profile, I'm guessing that a baby happened, and that's probably one of the best excuses you can get.

Ah well. As much as I would have loved to see this story get to the point where Daniel comes back ('descends'?), I guess I'll have to bid it adieu. It was a fun ride, and thank you again for leaving these around for us incredibly-late-comers to stumble on.
Sir-Mercutio-McHuffer chapter 10 . 8/8/2015
Wow, I absolutely devoured these fics (while procrastinating study). Absolutely fantastic. I do hope that one day you'll continue Kira's tale!
Sue Clover chapter 10 . 5/7/2015
Oh no! I somehow caught up. Well, I knew it was going to happen soon, I just didn't think this soon. Anyway, I hope you come back to this someday, though I don't think it's likely. It was an awesome read. And I want to know what Dr. Drexell was up to. Honestly, the man is a menace. And I want Daniel to come back.
Sue Clover chapter 2 . 5/7/2015
I, for one, am glad you started this. While the ending of Barista sort of made sense, in an awful, I-want-to-cry-feels sort of way, it didn't feel complete. After all, Kira still had a life to live. She still had to start working a the SGC, and figure out how to do that without Daniel to help her, and then there's after season 6 when he comes back. It just didn't feel like the story was finished. Although, you couldn't really keep calling it the Barista after that point, though, so it makes sense to make this part a new story.
So, and this is going to be painful, but who is the new Archaeology/Linguistics department head?
CFT chapter 9 . 4/24/2015
I still love this chapter, no matter how many times I re-read this series I can't help laughing, loudly, at this chapter!
AthenaKnight chapter 10 . 4/3/2015
OMG! This story was/is amazing.

I found this randomly on my lunch break and proceeded to do no work that afternoon and the next day getting the whole story read. This is an amazing story.
The writing quality is great and I love your character development, especially of Kira.

I'm like Kira in the fact that I don't drink coffee so when Sam ordered a chai latte I had to try one this afternoon and it is now one of my new favourite drinks thank you.

Thank you for writing this story. I would love to read more of it and I can't wait to read the reunion between Kira and Daniel. That's going to be amazing. I love the way you've written Jack and Daniel you've got him spot on.

Can't wait until the next update. Thank you.

Gg452
nicimac chapter 10 . 3/23/2015
Looks like you stopped here then! I have loved reading about Kira's adventures and can't believe I haven't stumbled accross them before. Thanks for sharing her wonderful world with us and I hope you're enjoying life wherever you are xx
nicimac chapter 8 . 3/23/2015
Fantastic chapter, loved it. I do feel a little sad for Sam though that Daniel never appeared to her after all they went through together