Reviews for Valiance and Magnificence
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
This was nice. Peter and Lucy are so sweet together, and you did them beautifully. :)
Cloud Above the Moon chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
BAH! I AM SPEECHLESS! :D

Well, not really, but... you get the sentiment, I hope. xD.

This was splendidly written, and it had me smiling for the last half, on account of the sheer cuteness of the sibling-bonding moment! It was so awesome! Lucy seemed wonderfully in character with her moment of weakness, and it was beautiful to see Peter swoop down as her savior from the darkness and bring her back into the light.

I loved the little twist on their names, because it was simply a perfect moment! The only person that Peter would ever let his guard down so fully around is Lucy, and how beautifully created it was!

I really can't give this little one-shot enough praise, because it deserves to be published in a little novel of its own and given a prize!

Thank you so much for posting this, and I hope my review gives you courage to write more of those golden words that linger so hauntingly alluring in my mind.

Yours,
Cloud Above the Moon
Sauron Gorthaur chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
I really liked this – it was a short, but excellent moment with Lucy and Peter, and I loved your descriptions and the character portrayals. Obviously, you’re an accomplished writer, and even if you’re not C.S. Lewis, you still managed to write a lot like him. It was really a beautiful piece.

I loved how your descriptions are so concrete, it makes me feel like I could actually be there. You describe things so vividly, and don’t just describe visual things, but bring the other senses in as well, which I don’t see a whole lot in stories, but I love when it is there. Lucy’s feet pattering in the snow, the sinister trees, the ghostly whisper, the warmth of Peter’s coat – I just loved the way you describe these, and I really liked how Lucy could “hear” Peter’s grin, even if she couldn’t see his face.

You also did a good job of characterizing Lucy and Peter. It is perfectly understandable that Lucy, brave as she is, would have her doubts and be afraid. You do a good job of showing her fear, with the whispering, the ice chill, and her threatening surroundings. When she’s frightened and Peter picks her up, it’s easy to believe she’s the little girl that she is in the books. Her admiration of Peter, how she finds him so brave, is shown in the description of him through her eyes as strong, solid, and warm, and that’s totally consistent with Lucy’s character. There’s a very nice sister-brother relationship going on here, and you show it from the little sister’s eyes well.

I really like how you portrayed Peter, especially when he’s talking Lucy out of her fear. Since we’re seeing him through Lucy’s eyes, we see him as strong and brave, but there’s still a hint that’s he’s as frightened as she, but he’s putting on a brave front, because he has to be the big brother and protect his sister. I think he’s talking himself through his own fear as much as through Lucy’s, but he does a good job of putting on a bold front. His not remembering the name “Cair Paravel”, the way he talks about their Mum and Dad or “the Macready”, and calling Lucy “little sister” all make him seem real, young, and the way he is in the books. And I liked that he’s not just saying things to make Lucy feel better – Lucy really is a brave girl, and all the things he lists off are true, especially the one about Lucy’s bravery in entering Narnia and then standing up to them. Bringing up the “valiant” and “magnificent” titles was nice, too – it would be cool if they had chosen their titles for each other.

I liked seeing a moment between two characters who, you are correct, don’t seem to get much one-on-one time together in any of the books or stories. This was a sweet one-shot that was well-written and enjoyable to read.

Keep on writing!

-Sauron Gorthaur
LunaStorm chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Nice!
angry penguin chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Well done. Peter and Lucy did have a bond in the movie. More fics please.
Peace Like a River chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Awwies, that was really lovely, good job! I've always loved the Peter-Lucy relationship in the books. And in the movie, too, of course, I thought Will and Georgie were just precious together as Peter and Lucy, and I can just picture them in my head doing this scene you wrote. :) Neat idea, them giving each other their future titles of 'valiant' and 'magnificent'.
Sarah chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
That was such a lovely story! I've always felt that Peter was more protective of Lucy than with any of the others - maybe because she's the baby of the group or perhaps she is his favourite sibling, who knows? I think you've capture the very deep bond that exists between them extremely well - I especially love how you have both of them giving each other the title they will receive when crowned - very nice touch! Well done on such a brilliant story.

And I just have to mention that I love the way that you showed that Lucy can still get frightened like any other little girl - sometimes I think people tend to forget that she was very young when she first went into the wardrobe and therefore would have been terrified on quite a few occasions! And Peter being very much the big brother - I adore that!
staysweet1214 chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Love it! I really appreciate it, the sibling bonds of Peter and Lucy-as we all know that, Peter's fav. sis is Lucy, of course. Good job! Keep it up! You're amazing! I love the way how you kept the personalities of the 2 characters and yet, it was so simple!

God bless!

Joh_Ann
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Brilliant! As for the lines, if, before you post a document as a story, you click on edit/preview, there is a line option there. To do it to this, you would have to reload the chapter, so I wouldn't bother, it's fine. Anyway, great story, I love Peter and Lucy fics!
JG chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Thanks, I appreciate something focusing on Peter and Lucy.
FlippinAmazing chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I just wanted to let you kow that you did an amazing job. The relationship between Peter and Lucy is a precious and important aspect of C.S. Lewis' books and I think that you did an amazing job illistarting it for your readers. Not many people an acomplish this with such true characterization. Well done.
Ataea chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
i do agree. this place needs more PeterLucy goodness. nonincestual. i hope you will keep writing.
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Adore it!

So CUTE!

Only thing: 'pant, pant' is a little more like stage direction than novelization.

Cheers,

Sera
Almyra chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Great story - I loved the interaction between Peter and Lucy. You're right, they share a special bond - in Prince Caspian, Peter says Lucy is his favorite sister. Excellent work!

(and I'm not sure exactly how to insert little symbols, either - for my last story, I just resorted to using the number 8 repeated umpteen times to separate an AN and the end of the story. Text seems to work best)
Shella chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Very cute! An excellent bit of fluff perfectly carried off. And yes, Lucy and Peter do have their own special friendship - in Prince Caspian she lists Peter as one of her favourite people ("the voice she liked best in the world" is the quote). I really liked how you wrote that bond here.