Reviews for Wicked Lady
SuzuBells chapter 1 . 10/23
Oh, the cabbages...*shudders* This was very funny! I liked it a lot.
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Oh dear, poor Phyllis, she's even worse off than Cedric!
Sings-to-the-Sky chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
You know, this story is simply amazing. It has a really charming narrative and style, and I really enjoyed reading it. So, thank you!
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Awwwwwww - Phyllis is wonderful, poor girl. ;o; Thank goodness Sophie came along and helped straighten things out!
saltyavocado chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
YES, another funny short from the keyboard of Librarian Rhymer. I liked this story even better than the last one. Personally, I liked Phyllis more than Cedric,although they were both well characterized and caricatured. She just is a easier person to feel sympathy towards. Cedric just acted like a deluded egoist sometimes, although I guess the story wouldn't have worked if he hadn't. Again, brilliant job with the satire. You have tapped into DWJ's ability to thoroughly mock and thumb your nose at the absurdities of a genre while still writing in mastery of it.
BreathOfNocte chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Well, i always knew Phyllis wasn't wicked. Perfectly obvious, i would say. Everyone knows that the wicked always have warts on their noses, and as she was wartless, clearly she must be good.

Howl is of course an exception to this, as he is only partially wicked, and a man. All the best only-sort-of-wicked men are devilishly handsome, and very rarely have warty noses.
Osprey Eamon chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wonderful story. It's a great idea with Ingary's fairy tale stereotypes; the woes caused by second marriages and the titles they create. Though it's rather disturbing how a bit of it creeps into our world as well, my step-mother was scared stiff that my brother and I would hate her on the spot...

It was kind of... amusing to see the "good" characters - Phyllis' step-sister and daughter - who actually came across as being a good deal more wicked than she did. Playing drama queen and spreading nasty rumours aren't very charitable things to do after all.

Howl, Sophie and Calcifer were all great. Especially Howl's drunken singing and Sophie's method of dealing with the minions who dared to bar her path.
Bye. See ya. Or not chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Aww! I love your writings... they're just... YAYSIES!

lol XD

bb xx K.A.
Raging Pineapples chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
i didn't see this on my favorites, and felt that most certainly had to be remedied. wonderful job!
FullMetalShadow chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Hah! This really was brilliant. I applaud you, and your wit, which seems to have come from Diana Wynne Jones herself. And Howl, drunk...haha xD
Imp chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
That was great! ...loved the Diana Wynne Jones-esque off-the-wall humour. Very amusing. Altogether. Howl's drunken singing was spot-on.

Elycat chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Heehee, I loved it _ You need to continue, though. I want to find out what happens to Howl and Sophie and I want to see more of Phyllis. Nice job 3
Parariillusion chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
Aww, what an adorable twist on the stepsister and stepmother stereotypes! This was as good as the prequel. I'm looking forward to reading the last bit of this trilogy.
Just Jill chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
How funny!

Very interesting. I like her.

Just Jill
arsh chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
that was cute and definitely different. i liked it lots. ten thumbs ups.