Reviews for Fighting the Fates
Guest chapter 2 . 3/16/2013
LOL
brock rly did brake misty!
i rly like this story and cant wait to see what happens!;)
toolazytologin chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
In the manga, Drew exsists under a different name. "Emerald" lol
Brennason chapter 4 . 5/9/2012
Okay Ash admitting his love for Misty was the most adorable thing! "Mars is bright tonight." lol I love that you used a Harry Potter quote :)
LoveAndSerenity chapter 4 . 6/26/2011
Okay, I just had a few things to comment on. First, the thing about Ash only going to five years of school was thoroughly hilarious. I really wonder sometimes how much schooling that kid actually had. :)

Also, I wanted to tell you this. I'm in the middle of reading this story, but after this chapter, I had to say something. When you first wrote that May was a Spring and Ash was an Autumn, I was impressed, because I was convinced you had done some research and were going to say that Drew was also an Autumn.

This is why. According to Bulbapedia, they believe the origin of Drew's Japanese name, "シュウ Shū, can be from 秀 (excel or surpass). May also be from 秋 shū (autumn), as opposed to the 春 haru (spring) in Haruka (May)." (That's a direct quote.) I discovered this fact a little while ago, and I thought it was rather neat how they named May and Drew (or rather, Haruka and Shū) names that meant contrasting seasons. This is why I thought you had said May was a Spring-I thought you were setting it up for them to be their respective seasons.

I know this story is years old, and you probably don't even give it much thought anymore, but I just thought this was an interesting thing to note, just in case you weren't aware. I'll finish reading the rest of this story before I comment any more, but I just wanted to say this before I forgot.

However, since I'm already at it, I might as well comment on my thoughts about the story so far. I am kinda heartbroken at how May and Drew supposedly clash. I'd also like to point out, though, that when you said Winter will bring death to all that Spring brings to life, you should consider it from the other way around. Since Spring follows after Winter, it seems to reason that after Winter brings finality and closure to different things, Spring will revive them and blossom new things to grow, helping the cycle continue.

Nice job so far though, and I'm off to read the rest of the story!
ForestGuardian311 chapter 7 . 6/16/2011
Huh. Pokeshipping and Contestshipping officially, but Advanceshipping has to come in and make a mess of things. I like how the characters corresponded with certain seasons...I think that fit very nicely. And you know what? Ash, Brock, and May are right...Your destiny isn't set in stone. You have the power to change your future. (Looks pointedly at Ishizu Ishtar from Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Great job!
RandomVisitorGirl chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
WOW! this just turned into advanceshipping for a while...i wish drew was there to be all JEALOUS! but sadly no cigar...
xXkatlagXx chapter 7 . 5/17/2011
XD The Sootopolis Seer was very wrong. Ash and Misty are good together, and Drew and May together as well! GREAT STORY!
IvyBean chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
LMFAO XDD 'I think I broke Misty' AHAHAHA XDD That's bound to get Ash up and running! XDD Epic. :) I LOVED this chapter. :33
IvyBean chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Ergh, I sincerely hope that the fortune teller woman is WRONG. D: Ash and Misty foreva 3 But I really liked this chapter, especially Ash's food choices XDDD
Christine chapter 7 . 1/19/2011
Boo hoo hoo! No Ash and May, Seriously now, I hate AshXMay in a romantic sense and I fell like you really got that throuh on your end to. This was a wonderful story that kept me guessing what would happen next. And I don't know which I liked more, your amazing story or the sarcastic authors notes! Really made my night!

Keep writing

3Christine
Water Lily chapter 7 . 8/17/2010
I loved your story. The ending really got to me. Keep up the super-fantabulous work!
BT4Ever chapter 7 . 7/24/2010
Sorry it's taken me so long to review! I'll try to get to all of your stories before school starts!

Well this story was very well writen. I find that there was a good balance of imagry. I felt like I was right there in front of my tv watching it. I almost expected a comercial for sonic or something to start playing lol. Besides the imagry, I felt that this story was pokelistic (pokemon realistic) because you had the characterization down pat! I could deff see all of the characters doin all of those things! Even the part with crazy misty and the mallet. I deff don't think she'd be te type to just cry first I deff see the anger first lol. Plus the excessive teasing and just drews and ash's reaction to the whole thing in general made this story not only hillaruious but something I could totally see satoshi tajari (hope I spelled that right) put in the actual pokemon! I also liked how you included pikachu. Most pokemon fanfiction writers leave out the pokemon in general and it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I think you added just enough pikachu so that he's there but also not to much to the point where your forcing it.

I'm not good with grammer but I didn't see anything wring that really stuck out. I told you eariler fantastic imagry. You really stuck to your third person selective pov. You did switch person to person be otherwise you stuck to one person per paragraph. You suck with your characterization which was fantastic! Wonderful word choice and diction! I loved the words you chose they're niether simple nor too complex for me not to understand! I also loved your tone expessially when you were describing ash, euporic state after he gets with misty. The imagry plus tone and diction made me feel happy just to read it. Even the third or fourth time reading this story I still can't help but smile when I rea that passage! (which is good for any writer to have) I also loved the whole situational irony of the whole closet scene!

On to the actual story! I l-o-v-e-d this peice! My fave parts were when brock and max were joking may and ash, misty goes homicidal, (btw how does ash NOT notice the nails lol), whenever drew looses his swave attitude, or Brock whole monologe on the morning before the date! Each one of the seers seasons seem to match each person perfectly!

Well I was gonna add my face quotes but this is WAAAAY longer than expected lol. If you'd like to know them just pm me and I'll send them to ya and why I liked them so much :) sorry for any typos I'm typing on an I pod and it's kinda hard lol. Oh and just in case you were wondering the 1st paragraph is based on fanfiction peices, 2nd is writing style and 3rd is story plot.

Sorry again it took so long
Hannah chapter 7 . 6/12/2010
Reli good fic absolutely loved it. Good use of humour in it, it had some but not too much, so that was good. Liked the tension and the drama, went well with the humour parts. Good moral to it, 'Don't let anyone else tell you how to feel' sort of thing. To improve it would have been nice to have more romance that went well between May and Drew, Ash and Misty. That was the only downside. Everything else was perfect! ;) :D
JohnRP AAML chapter 7 . 4/7/2010
this is by far the best AAMR novel that i have read, the conclusion made my warm and fuzzy meter go off the charts. it had every thing that a good story needs.

1. Equilibrium - the story starts off like any other day (at least when May is around shops, she's too crazy when it comes to shopping, Ash, Brock and Max i feel your pain).

2. Disruption - the fortune teller gives a romantic reading which go against the desires of the characters, this causes a conflict of emotions.

3. Turmoil - the reaction of the failed dates that Ash & Misty and May & Drew had, places doubts in the character's hearts about their desired love matches, the decision to test out the compatibility of Ash's and May's possible romance with a date stems from this turmoil. Misty's desire to find out if her love and feelings for Ash could ever result in a romantic relationship are also directly linked to the insecurity that she feels due to the fortune teller's reading.

4. Resolution - the discovery that both Ash and May like each other but purely as friends, this sets the emotions that were disturbed back into calm once again, with Ash and May re-confirming that they are just friends and have no romantic feelings for one another and that they love the romantic partners they chose for themselves, this helps ease Misty's insecurity about her feelings for Ash. which in turn, allows her to move forward into a romantic relationship with him.

finally

5. equilibrium again - with the conclusion of both Ash and Misty in a relationship and a hint of a possible relationship with Drew and May, stating that the fortune teller was wrong in her prediction and that their love will remain strong and uninfluenced by an outside party.

um... i seem to have done a really deep analysis of your novel.

i hope my input helps in your future stories i just hope that you read this review and like what i wrote.

speak to you soon and i look forward to your future pokeshipping fiction, i love them. :)

John R P signing off _
thedarkpokemaster chapter 7 . 10/2/2009
all I can say is that this was very good loved every bit of it