Reviews for HERETIC: When heroes fall
greenman chapter 8 . 9/12/2009
liked the story, but was GL the only one to take a real beat down. You could had longer fight scenes with WW and MH.
DiaDemonica chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
hehehe, Well Zak. Im happy superman died, he annoys me. Heretic sounds pretty hot. All in all, very well written:P
Fate8 chapter 8 . 6/6/2006
I'm sorry man, but this story did not work for me.

The biggest problem was Heretic himself. In the end, we still had no insight into the man. He had no motivations we could see except these mysterious visions. There was no explanation of how he procured his gadgets, fighting prowess and technology. He was still a blank slate.

How did he get into the Watchtower undetected?

Martian Manhunter- J'onn really got short shrift. Why would he need an earpiece? He's telepathic. How would a sonic pulse take him down, and allow someone to mind control him? J'onn is one of the most powerful telepaths on Earth. And finally, a bullet to the head? J'onn is a shapeshifter. A single bullet should be of little concern. He could move his flesh around it, or simply phase through it.

Green Arrow- No complaints. Nine bullets should kill him.

Wonder Woman-Basically the same problem I had with Green Lantern. A miraculous power glove able to kill two of the most powerful heroes on the planet. Where did it come from? What powers it? It could not be electricity, as the voltage needed would be something greater than 1.21 Jiggowatts. Maybe a weapon from Apokolips, but we don't know. We are not given any indication that Heretic is a scientific genius other than he possesses these things.

Batman-Heretic doesn't break a sweat killing Superman, Flash, GL, Wonder Woman or Manhunter, but Batman beats him half to death? Doesn't ring right. Again it appears Heretic is a top-tier martial arts master and a level above mere human, but we don't know how he got that way. Where do his skills come from?

In the end, this story fails because the villain, and main focus of the story, is not fleshed out enough. Heretic was a promising character, but we know nothing of his mind, his skills, his weapons or motivations. He turned out to be nothing but a force of nature who swooped in and killed and swooped put again. Even The Spectre has more going for him than that.
Silverjojo08 chapter 8 . 5/25/2006
Great story! I'm really confused by then ending though. Batman died. But what does that last part mean? I feel so confused.
Nunya chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Great story i really liked it a lot. I hope you continue with it. It is really cool and very plausible how the heroes are taken down i love it.
Fate8 chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
I like this story. I think.

One one hand, it is good to see a villain prosper. On the other, most of the League gets taken down in a matter of hours. These are some of the most experienced and powerful people on the planet. Maybe it's because Heretic is such a blank slate. We don't know anything of his past or his motivations, yet he somehow gets his hands on kryptonite and a device which can counter a power ring. And he's a good enough fighter to kill veteran superheroes with his bare hands.

I don't know. If you are going to kill off the core of the DCU, the payoff had better be worth it.

Technically, your writing is good, but there are sloppy spots, such as using "your" instead of "you're". Gotta watch that stuff.