Reviews for Monster
bluejamist chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Wow, this is another instant favourite. And definitely one of the best YusKei fics around. It is a realistic ending to their affair, I think. Given both their personalities and Yusuke's heritage, sooner or later one of them is bound to give up. But I am a fool, so I'll always believe that they live happily ever after...
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Yeah, hello Fridge Horror. You wanted dark, and you pulled it off. *shudders*
hgm chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Kiiiinda seems really out of character for Keiko in general. Especially since she's weathered weirder throughout the series. For one thing, generally without provocation, especially by the end of the series - maybe it's different in the anime - they converse like pretty mature human beings, bar teasing/verbal rough-housing which most predatory animals regularly engage in anyway... And 'provocation' by and large in canon means 'doing something sexual to her without warning or her consent.'
missymace chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
at first i wondered why such a short one shot have soooo many reviews.

now i know.

you made a very beautiful representation of the not so discovered dark side of yusuke's demon heritage. dark. but very beautiful.

it's sad. but i think this is the reality the couple must undertake in their relationship's future.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Toushin Yuusuke is one of THE most fascinating characters for me and it's a damed shame he was not more explored both in anime/manga and fanfiction.

I liked this, I found it angsty and realistic.
Dragoon-Yue chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Very well written. Just one point; it was specifically stated that Yuusuke has no urges to eat Human flesh.
varon chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Again, beautifully written, and wonderfully dark. Consistent with all the angst that goes with the "dark side" kept at bay and with the "flesh-eating monsters" (Yusuke sounded vampiric though). _ You did a great job balancing Yusuke's "normal" self and his "dark personality." Great work.
blackwolfgirl88 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Pardon me, but dam that was dark. I liked it but tht was very dark. Ever thought of doing a follow up where he finally lose controle and the after math.

I have to tell you you are one of my favorite authors for yu yu hakusho fan fiction, it is so hard to find a good story that uses yesukes demon side.
An Antidote chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
thats pretty good
katchimo chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Not signing in because i'm too lazy. uhm, hm. It was...odd. And by that I meant in a good way-I can see how you might want to relate it to maybe a Yuusuke x random ooc character.

I would kind of agree that some of Yuusuke's descriptions of his lover doesn't actually sound like Keiko very much. Not to me at least. Would Keiko call Yuusuke a 'monster' knowing full well that he was only living BECAUSE of his demon heritage? Well, we can leave room for speculation in here since they're older than here than the series.

I like the conflict given here, although I have the feeling it could have been expressed in more detail. :P But the conflict between humanity and...demonity (?) is still there and very obvious. And that is pretty much the the most important aspect holding up the story. If [Keiko?] does this, will Yuusuke do that? And then so on.

[rawr. i hate using big words and sounding like my teacher. but it was kind of hard avoiding it anyway. _

Or just ficlets. That's fine too. : )
God of Darkness chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
Very, very interesting and intriguing. Expertly written, and the view point and point of the story are captivating. The ever present darkness, and Yusuke's never ending battle against it, are perfectly portrayed. All in all, an excellent read.
Uma Thermus chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
eep! Hey, those are the risks one takes when you marry a battle demon right? Anyway, real good story, I like toushin fics and no one does 'em better than you. I like it's innocent counter-part fic as well.
tank602 chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
I like it but it scared me!
Apathetic Empath2 chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God.

I'm speechless right now. Omg, this was EXCELLENT! IT was so dark and angsty and beautiful. I said before that there isn't much work done for the Yusuke/Keiko fandom, but this one will ALWAYS take the cake. It's so raw and real and I could feel the shivers go down my spine. This is the Yusuke that no one likes to talk about-that no one likes to see. But it is him all the same, and I'm awed by the fact that you channeled that into this fic.

Best line: His strength is meant to be her shelter. She is his to protect. Even if he must protect her from himself.

This was marvelous. I loved it.

A.E.
Dark Inu Fan chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
it just frustrates me how she can be so stubborn that she thinks that if she ignores it, it'll go away. that's not true in the least. keep up the good work, dark
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »