Reviews for Unfazed
SearchingforthefandomGod chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
There are some seriously stupid people reviewing this. My twin sister was raped, and it is NOTHING like a fight, and the idea that someone should just "get over it" is beyond ridiculous. Let me paint a little mental picture for you here..someone bigger and stronger than you pins you down..forces you to reveal the most private and personal parts of your body without your consent, then rams their penis into you causing you enormous physical, emotional, and mental pain. You lay there afterward and realize that this person just did something that should have been done only by some of your choosing, and you couldn't stop them. And every time you close your eyes you'll see them til the end of time. My sister is stronger than any human I have ever met, and she didn't just "get over it" because rape doesn't work that way. And considering the shape Greg was in after Fanny Smackin' I doubt he would be either. You managed to belittle rape survivors every where by implying that there is some culture of people who just "get over" rape. Maybe a psychotic would, but not a healthy human being.
fangirlwithapen chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
3!
lilvi0r chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I can sort of see where you're coming from with this idea, although I am not surprised that 99.9% of people would disagree with you. This 'unfazed' reaction is most typically associated with victims already afflicted with schizoid personality disorder, the majority of whom don't view sex as an emotional act to begin with, so rape really does just seem like any other serious physical attack. Personally I believe there is an initial anger response directed at the attacker for inflicting any form of pain, Greg's reaction in this story is very apathetic, almost symptomatic of depression.

The writing was eloquent and grammar/spellings were spot on, some of the smaller details really made the story come to life.
hyperthermophile chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
This was an interesting story. I'm not going to bash you for your views on rape- everything affects people differently and this story is just proof of that. It was an interesting change.

THere is only one, major flaw I would like to point out. In this, Greg compares being emotionally impacted by rape to being beaten up- in others words, a simply physical act. This wouldn't really bother me, except that in the canon CSI, Greg was SEVERELY emotionally impacted when he was assaulted by the gang. Now, if this story came out before that particular episode (Fannysmackin') this is totally understandable.

Aside from that though, this was a remarkably refreshing story. A different point of view, great characterization, and a distinct lack of spelling and grammar errors. Amazing job! 8)
Rene Marie chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
I can't say I agree with your views, but well, I believe they'd be different if you'd ever had to go through it. The only time I've ever read of a rape victim being "unfazed" is if it happens frequently, for a long period of time.

Perhaps they just hide their feelings very well. Or they're still in the stage of not knowing how to handle it, so they don't.

Anyway, didn't mean to go start rambling even a little bit, mainly because I read the story knowing what it contained, while you just kind of had this review sprung on you.

I think it would be great, in theory. Unfortunately, I've never seen it work like that, though if it did and it wasn't simply them repressing it, it would be a wonderful thing.

Either way, it was a good fic. I enjoy reading a new perspective, even if I think you're wrong. It generally flowed well, got a little hurried in parts but it wasn't really very noticeable, you either had someone beta it or you have one hell of a spell/grammar checker. Or, you're simply amazing. It's been a while since I read a fic that didn't have words misspelled every other line. )
Madden chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
This was really well written. I think your Grissom was spot on and Greg, if he had been in fact been in a fist fight instead of raped, would have been spot on as well.

To compare rape to a fight is like comparing apples and oranges they are two completely different things. It is not the physical pain those wounds heal over time. It is the emotional scars that never go away. It is the loss of safety, the ability to trust. To feel like you need to have mace ready and in your hand when you are walking in a parking garage at night. To feel like a touch from anyone, even a friend, is a violation.

Have you ever lost a fight? Imagine that feeling amplify it by 10. Imagine you’ve lost the fight you are no match for your attacker. Instead of walking away or dropping it your opponent keeps going. Hitting you and kicking you until you don’t have the strength to fight back at all you can’t fight to save your self. Then when there is nothing you can do, they use your body for their own pleasure. To them it wasn’t a fight for their life to them it was fight just for power over you, because it made them feel good. They took pleasure in your pain.

Rape is NOTHING like a fight. If anything, it is like murder. Because after rape the victim is never the same. The person they were before is dead. They maybe able to gain much of their life and self-back but they will never be the same.
bluerose24 chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
This was good. I hope that you write a sequel to it to show what happens with Greg and Grissom.
citruspeach chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
Look, you're a good writer, but I have to agree with Ravencries.

I, myself, have never been raped. However, my mother is a therapist who works with people suffering from the repercussions of sexual abuse and rape every day. I have a friend who was raped.

There's a reason everyone writes it as something horrible - that's because it is. It's not like a fist fight. It is, as Ravencries said, about power. It's about not having a choice in something you do with your own body. It's about someone taking away your choices.

I felt I had to write this review, as honestly, you're a good author. You're just wrong about this. It's not a matter of opinion this time - it's a matter of fact.
Jodine16 chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Personally, I disagree with Ravencries (but that's just me).

Your view on rape is just different, and I agree with it. People only dwell on things they can't change. I do it a lot. It takes time for the relization to penetrate my thick skull and tell me, "Hey! You can't change this so stop broading!"

Great story I loved it!
Ravencries chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
First I want to say, you did a nice job writing this story.

But, your views about rape how it is like a fist fight and people should just heal and get it over with is just wrong.

Rape victims can not get over it, I have a number of friends who have been raped, my own mother was raped when she was growing up.

I pray that for your own sanity that you never have to go through something that vile.

It is not a fist fight with blood and pain that heals.

It is someone looking to hurt you in every way possible to get some kick out of being stronger than you. There is nothing sexual about rape, it is violence against another human in a sick disgusting act.

Try talking to rape victims next time you want to write rape story, ask them just what it was like, or tell them your view on the subject, watch how quickly they begin to hate you.
Venusian Lovebird chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
I absolutely love this story. I am not surprised, though, seeing as I love all of your works! You are a writing genius! Keep up the great work and I hope to see a sequel. It would totally rock my socks!
Quicksliver chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
Well, I think we have a new slash genuis. **cheaks off Author alert,Favorite author,and fav stories** :D:D :P:P
fi chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
I think it was really brave of you to write a story dealing with such a sensitive issue from the viewpoint that you did. I though it was great - a really refreshing take on the matter. I know there will be people out there who might slate you for this, but if it's not their cup of tea - they don't have to drink it! You portrayed Greg's character very well - I could easily imagine him saying much of the dialogue you gave him. I would be extremely interested in reading a sequel - if the standard of this story was anything to go by! Jolly good work! :-)